Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My lease company ordered a blue SR+ somewhere between the 14th and 20th of april (I received the RN number between those dates) to be delivered in The Netherlands. Is there anything I can do to figure out what boat it's on? I've called a Tesla service centre and they keep telling me that they simply don't have that information but reading this thread makes me think that some people actually got that specific information from their service rep?

Cannot log in to Tesla account page, every time it shows page unavailable for about a hour now. Not sure how many people are experiencing this n

MSM SR+, Ordered April 13. Current Delivery window: May 31 - June 20.
I ordered on April 17th (Model 3, white, black interior, SR+), and pick up in Kitchener. I currently have the same delivery window, May 31-June 20, and it hasn't changed in a week. See you there! (perhaps)

Just received my VIN today! Ordered on 3/22. Delivery dates have been fluctuating this past week pointing to a June delivery so it definitely caught me by surprise. Here is my current and previous delivery dates using that nifty chrome extension...
  • Delivery date: May 10 - May 13
  • Previous delivery dates: May 24 - June 13, June 01 - June 21, May 25 - June 14, June 09 - June 29

Just received my VIN today! Ordered on 3/22. Delivery dates have been fluctuating this past week pointing to a June delivery so it definitely caught me by surprise. Here is my current and previous delivery dates using that nifty chrome extension...
  • Previous delivery dates: May 24 - June 13, June 01 - June 21, May 25 - June 14, June 09 - June 29
how did you learn of your VIN?

how did you learn of your VIN?
They sent me an email. Plus, I check incessantly every day. Haha It is worth noting that I am financing my M3 through my credit union so the subject line said "Model 3 Financed VIN Available" and the body of the email said, "VIN is Now Available....You will need this number to finalize any pending financing or insurance actions." I don't know if this is a similar experience from others. Hope that helps.

What configuration did you order? I’m picking up in Richmond and I haven’t got my VIN! Ordered back on March 28, white w/white interior.

The LFP is the MiC battery pack and the made in USA either have the LG pack or the Panasonic pack and I don't think there is any short term plans to have the LFPs there. I don't think they are better in terms of performance.

My understanding of the LFP is that they are the cheap batteries. Cheap as in less expensive entry level batteries. That could be used on lower end cars at a cheaper price point. I am pretty sure you don't want that.

The LFP is the MiC battery pack and the made in USA either have the LG pack or the Panasonic pack and I don't think there is any short term plans to have the LFPs there. I don't think they are better in terms of performance.

My understanding of the LFP is that they are the cheap batteries. Cheap as in less expensive entry level batteries. That could be used on lower end cars at a cheaper price point. I am pretty sure you don't want that.
Hopefully that's the case. I realize now that maybe people are asking because they don't want it and are confirming it's not on the new cars

Hopefully that's the case. I realize now that maybe people are asking because they don't want it and are confirming it's not on the new cars
That's not really the case, the LFP packs actually have several advantages, 3-5x the cycle life, so the packs have a much longer theoretical life than NCA packs, and can be charged to 100% with less degradation unlike the NCA packs, they are slightly less expensive to produce, have a very low risk of thermal runaway if punctured (i.e. low fire risk), their disadvantage is lower w/kg so for the same capacity the pack is heavier, hence the cars with LFP packs have a higher curb weight. They are on the entry level cars because there is room in the pack, the long range and performance don't have room in the pack to switch to LFP as the packs are already fully populated (no room to add the extra LFP cells for equal capacity).

The cold weather issues were fixed recently via software, both NCA and LFP cells suffer slow charging and reduced capacity when cold, and from the recent videos online the latest software fix seems to have made they pretty much the same.

Congratulations goose025. I’m hoping mine comes soon. I ordered March 31st.

Reactions: goose025