Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered to the Westmont SC on 4/21. I got Blue, Black interior, 18" Aero wheels, no FSD, loan with Wells Fargo. I have not had any communication with my SA, my estimated delivery has said 7-10 weeks from order date for a few weeks now :(
Talked to an SA at the Westmont SC to make sure my financing would still be valid and he said my estimate for pick up day is late next week! No VIN as of yet though

I've been keeping an eye on the used market as I'm concerned my May 1 order will push me to the end of the NEXT quarter...it is just crazy. A used base 2020 SR+ with 15k miles on it going for $2k-3k OVER current prices for a new one:

Not to mention this was scooped up in under 5 min from its listing.
I was told for my location delivery will be this month & you're in IL too so I don't think we'd get pushed back.

Here's an update for those in Colorado waiting for Model 3s. Mine was ordered on 4/19, White on White, 19" wheels and no FSD.

This is the text I received yesterday.

tesla text.jpg

So I sent an email to my SA.

"Any updates by chance for order RN1148xxxxx? I received a text from Tesla saying the vehicle should arrive next week. Any further information other than this?"

This was the response.

That information in the text is correct, there is a possibility that your vehicle would arrive next week, but they have not told us here in store for certain. As you may have heard in the news, there was a giant firmware update our delivery cars were doing to switch them from using radar for FSD and Autopilot to Tesla Vision which is what we now know as the cause behind the delay. We are watching it closely and we will reach out once we learn more!

Here's an update for those in Colorado waiting for Model 3s. Mine was ordered on 4/19, White on White, 19" wheels and no FSD.

This is the text I received yesterday.

View attachment 666584

So I sent an email to my SA.

"Any updates by chance for order RN1148xxxxx? I received a text from Tesla saying the vehicle should arrive next week. Any further information other than this?"

This was the response.

That information in the text is correct, there is a possibility that your vehicle would arrive next week, but they have not told us here in store for certain. As you may have heard in the news, there was a giant firmware update our delivery cars were doing to switch them from using radar for FSD and Autopilot to Tesla Vision which is what we now know as the cause behind the delay. We are watching it closely and we will reach out once we learn more!
I ordered the same config as yours on 4/12. No text or email yet and my delivery estimate is currently June 9th to 28th.

Update... I got approved for Chase at 4.04%... emailed [email protected] and asked them if they could do better... and they tried with wells fargo and I got 2.49%.

Email [email protected] if you dont like the original terms... just FYI.
Just to compare (but knowing there are many factors in play with these numbers), I got an innitial 2.49% offer from Tesla, so I emailed [email protected] and asked for a better offer, and they replied 3 hours later with an offer from Chase for 1.79% (I was already a Chase customer with my mortgage, so that could be a factor)

Reactions: makirules
Update... I got approved for Chase at 4.04%... emailed [email protected] and asked them if they could do better... and they tried with wells fargo and I got 2.49%.

Email [email protected] if you dont like the original terms... just FYI.
Congrats! Exciting that your financing is secured and now you just await a VIN!!

I’m really thinking of applying tomorrow morning just to get it over and done with. If you don’t mind me asking, out of curiosity was your credit score 750+?

Reactions: makirules
Congrats! Exciting that your financing is secured and now you just await a VIN!!

I’m really thinking of applying tomorrow morning just to get it over and done with. If you don’t mind me asking, out of curiosity was your credit score 750+?
I don't mind sharing...
I financed 100% of a performance ($69,290), got the 2.49% from WF (although I'm waiting to see if I get a lower rate from Delta Community to submit for rate matching)

Approval took less than 30 minutes.

They only ran Equifax for me (YMMV)
My Equifax scores at the time were (I don't know which one they used):

EQ Fico - 707
EQ Fico Auto 5/4/2 - 689
EQ Fico Auto 8 - 701
EQ Fico Auto 9 - 676

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Guys,
I ordered my White M3 with White Interior, Aero Wheels, and no FSD on April 25th of 2021.
Ps. I'm located in Florida, and I would love to know how's the wait for people in a similar situation as me?
When I log in to my account it only provides me with "Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 weeks from order placed date." Which is not very encouraging tbh...

I Ordered one Day before you and mine simply says "Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 weeks from order placed date"
I know it isn't much help, but it looks like its getting delayed more and more
I actually think having "Weeks - Weeks" as an estimate is a good sign. Mine says 7-11 Weeks from Order Placed Date, but I am being told (and got a text) that my car will be delivered next week. Just my theory, but people with June 15 - June 30 for example may have to wait longer than those with a generic wait message.

I am ashamed, but I will divulge my credit score to give some people hope... it was 661-667 (TransUnion), 675 (Fico). So yeah.. there's that.

I actually think having "Weeks - Weeks" as an estimate is a good sign. Mine says 7-11 Weeks from Order Placed Date, but I am being told (and got a text) that my car will be delivered next week. Just my theory, but people with June 15 - June 30 for example may have to wait longer than those with a generic wait message.
Either that or I should expect to receive a message 6 Days after today... You ordered your on the 19th of April if that's correct and I ordered mine on the 25th... I'm assuming I might get a text next week or something. Hopefully

Reactions: jaybopp82