Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whats bs is I ask my SA last week for a demo vehicle any color & she says "I'm looking ill get back to you ASAP". Then I go into the store today & they tell me a bunch of ppl came and bought all the demos just today. What a horrible SA. Luckily though I spoke to a diff SA who says my car will be produced June 13 and delivered by June 25. Rn it says 8-12 weeks so dont be scared if it says that!
Same here, earlier this week I emailed my SA about buying a demo vehicle that was offered to me during my test drive. He said demo cars are not up for sale until the end of June

I inquired about a Demo car today but was told it most likely has some curb rash and such being that it’s from Washington DC. Something about buying a new car for over $40k with damage already (I know it’s cosmetic, but would still bother me) just didn’t sit right with me. Guess I’m just going to wait my time and hope my SA is correct that the new EDD of July 15-Aug 4 is incorrect and they are still looking at the third week of June.

I inquired about a Demo car today but was told it most likely has some curb rash and such being that it’s from Washington DC. Something about buying a new car for over $40k with damage already (I know it’s cosmetic, but would still bother me) just didn’t sit right with me. Guess I’m just going to wait my time and hope my SA is correct that the new EDD of July 15-Aug 4 is incorrect and they are still looking at the third week of June.
What does where it’s from have anything to do with the state of the car? Refuse delivery unless they fix it.

Reactions: esundman
Just spoke with my SA and they said my estimated delivery date is June 26 but they hope sooner because “they’re getting in a big shipment within the next week”. Who knows. System is still sliding, Yesterday it was June 17-30, today June 18-30. Half tempted to do a demo instead but don’t think it’s worth driving half a day with the family (plus a 6yo and a 3yo) to pick it up, then half a day back when it’s supposedly going to be here by the end of the month or sooner. Plus, I still don’t have the plug installed.
When did you order?

Yesterday my EDD went from june 2-14th to june 16-30 on the order I placed on 4-19... SR+ no add ons whatsoever.

This morning same thing 16-30th....when I got home today I finally got the tesla vision confirmation and after agreeing, got my VIN right away, and now it is at june 5-10th.

Yesterday my EDD went from june 2-14th to june 16-30 on the order I placed on 4-19... SR+ no add ons whatsoever.

This morning same thing 16-30th....when I got home today I finally got the tesla vision confirmation and after agreeing, got my VIN right away, and now it is at june 5-10th.
Okay okay it’s getting a little closer. What part of the bay you from? I was in Richmond for years.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Part of me wants to add my current insurance…. Part of me says NO….

I asked what seemed like a good SA if I need insurance ahead of time even if I had my VIN. His words exactly “ No, you don’t need to upload insurance before. As long as you have updated it the day of delivery your good. Only reason why we ask for insurance 5-6 days prior to picking up is because people drag their feet and slows down delivery “

Im just going to sit tight and follow the directions from Tesla’s site..

🤦🏻‍♂️

Part of me wants to add my current insurance…. Part of me says NO….

I asked what seemed like a good SA if I need insurance ahead of time even if I had my VIN. His words exactly “ No, you don’t need to upload insurance before. As long as you have updated it the day of delivery your good. Only reason why we ask for insurance 5-6 days prior to picking up is because people drag their feet and slows down delivery “

Im just going to sit tight and follow the directions from Tesla’s site..
Yeah.. I didn't read tesla's site before I uploaded my insurance card. I read the forums here lol.

I will replace the picture when I get my VIN and added to my insurance though (as I am supposed to do).

Okay okay it’s getting a little closer. What part of the bay you from? I was in Richmond for years.
I work in Oakland and live in Concord.....

Reactions: Drubaybred