Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have SR+ regret? I ordered hastily because I was near the end of the production deadline for the quarter. My electricity is included in my rent and I work less than 10 miles from work. I was thinking originally that the LR and P were not for me because I really didnt need the range. I didnt do enough research to figure out that there are extra options that are included that I might have liked. I did order the 19" Sport wheels though. I am probably going to get the rear spoiler and a front lip, sides, if I can find some that are of pretty good quality. I am still not sure if the added expense would be worth it.

I live here in the bay area 20 minutes from the factory placed my order on 5/30 my SA said I would get my M3SR by the end of June. Delivery day was 6/14 - 6/30 change to 6/19 - 6/30, 6/20 - 6/30 and now it's 7/6 - 7/26 I'm doing a car trade and trying not to drive my car to keep the miles low I guess I need to have patience now.
I also live 20 minutes from the Factory and placed my order May 4. Each time I checked in with my SA or the Showroom mid-late June was constantly assured.

Now that the EDD is July 2 - July 22 my SA said “it’s still possible to receive a car by end of the month”. If this is a cryptic message it means that production won’t meet Q2 demand.

Does anyone have SR+ regret? I ordered hastily because I was near the end of the production deadline for the quarter. My electricity is included in my rent and I work less than 10 miles from work. I was thinking originally that the LR and P were not for me because I really didnt need the range. I didnt do enough research to figure out that there are extra options that are included that I might have liked. I did order the 19" Sport wheels though. I am probably going to get the rear spoiler and a front lip, sides, if I can find some that are of pretty good quality. I am still not sure if the added expense would be worth it.
I do not have SR+ regret. I bought the most range I can afford, which I think is what everyone should do. Luckily we have my wife's ICE vehicle that is much bigger to bring our kids/luggage on trips. However, this is not the case for everyone. To me... getting the LR would mean stopping 1 (or even 2) times less. Stopping those extra 2 times at 15 minutes each (maybe less..maybe more) with an SR+ didn't bother me (if we were to ever use the SR+ for trips).

I just got the notice for final payment but no delivery date. Does anyone know if this HAS TO be paid before they will deliver the car? I’d hate to send them a bunch of cash when my car isn’t even in my state. I’d ask my SA but she ghosted me, and if I’m being honest I trust more what’s said on here than what she tells me.

I just got the notice for final payment but no delivery date. Does anyone know if this HAS TO be paid before they will deliver the car? I’d hate to send them a bunch of cash when my car isn’t even in my state. I’d ask my SA but she ghosted me, and if I’m being honest I trust more what’s said on here than what she tells me.

I believe it depends on your state to be honest, I've read that Michigan where I live you must pay the car off prior it to coming into the state... It's so stupid... Pay for something sight unseen

I'm on the same boat! my fiancée is tired of all the tesla delivery talks and YouTube videos haha.

See with mine she wants a Tesla so she's living through me... But I think she's over the talk and just wants to drive it and be drove around in it.. I try to keep calm....relax... and live my daily life... But people ask me get the car yet, and I go on for about 30-40 mins about it and I cannot stop...

My only concern is this, I get the car and it has issues and I cannot take delivery that day... Then I get to drive back home for 1hr with nothing then turn around that week sometime and make it back out again...

• Funny
Reactions: rsaucedo23
A little bit. But at the same time, I’m a penny pincher so the price difference between the two with government rebate available here was enough for me. It’s 99% adequate for my daily use, the yearly 8-9 hour road trip we do would require us stopping one more time each way than we currently do in our ICE (though we could do it in that ICE without stopping if our bladders could hold out lol) so in reality it’ll probably add about 30 mins to that trip. Not enough to overcome

I live in Arkansas but picking up in Missouri. My delivery advisor (who is pretty much useless too) actually called me to tell me I had my VIN yesterday (although I already knew). She went over the next steps. She said that I can bring a check from the bank (made out to Tesla) to pick up the car.

My wife is very tired of the following:

1. Me constantly talking about my Tesla.
2. Me constantly criticizing her driving.
3. Us constantly having to share her car.
4. Me constantly talking about my Tesla.

I think my GF just nods her head and says stuff like... "Oh Really? and WoW! and That's Crazy!"

Sigh....

my gf is probably more excited about the Tesla than I am... she tells literally everyone even if the convo topic has nothing to do with cars she somehow squeezes it in. Hilarious because until the test drive she was against the idea 😂

That's funny you say that, mine shared the news with all her family/friends I'm getting one... Now they all ask when I see them did I get it yet

When the test drive came she was 100% in to also drive it... When she got in and took off it was .... NOPE I don't want to crash it hahahah

I live in Arkansas but picking up in Missouri. My delivery advisor (who is pretty much useless too) actually called me to tell me I had my VIN yesterday (although I already knew). She went over the next steps. She said that I can bring a check from the bank (made out to Tesla) to pick up the car.
My SA is real bad. He emailed me when I put in my order and since then I've received nothing. Not even when I got the Teslavision update or was assigned a VIN! I might call today to get an update and ask about payment stuff, hopefully a different SA answers