Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're EDD buddies! Too bad the date keep moving right. Lol

YO!

See, the one thing I'd like to know is this... When we get to a point where it's a week or less for EDD and it stops jumping around and starts to shrink, I'd like to know if this is the end or if it's just another guessing game. In the real world I'd look at this as up between these 9 days I'm going to get my car.... But in Tesla world it's a whole new ball game...

My GF is getting beyond annoyed with me talking about this every day hahahah :D

My story for more data. Live in SE Georgia, dealer is in Savannah. Order placed on 5/23, loan accepted and everything complete on 5/24. EDD on Tesla’s site currently says June 22 - June 30. The SA’s in Savannah have all independently said that my EDD is penciled in for June 26. They said that they’re getting in a big shipment this week and hope it’s on that truck.

No idea if that’s true or not but since all three I’ve talked to have independently said the same thing I’m cautiously optimistic that that’s true.

YO!

See, the one thing I'd like to know is this... When we get to a point where it's a week or less for EDD and it stops jumping around and starts to shrink, I'd like to know if this is the end or if it's just another guessing game. In the real world I'd look at this as up between these 9 days I'm going to get my car.... But in Tesla world it's a whole new ball game...

My GF is getting beyond annoyed with me talking about this every day hahahah :D
Honestly, I still think it is a guessing game. From what I have seen, there is no rhyme or reason to anything. I am sure there is... but we can't see it being on this side of things lol.

My EDD (before VIN) shrunk to as low as a 7 day time frame.... then the next day it jumped to a 10 day time frame.

Reactions: mdanieltech
My story for more data. Live in SE Georgia, dealer is in Savannah. Order placed on 5/23, loan accepted and everything complete on 5/24. EDD on Tesla’s site currently says June 22 - June 30. The SA’s in Savannah have all independently said that my EDD is penciled in for June 26. They said that they’re getting in a big shipment this week and hope it’s on that truck.

No idea if that’s true or not but since all three I’ve talked to have independently said the same thing I’m cautiously optimistic that that’s true.

The STRANGE and ODD world of Tesla EDD.... I'm almost 2 weeks earlier than you on my order and I'm June 21-30

I wish someone from Tesla was on this site and can chime in and give us an idea how this even unfolds for deliveries, it's like all of us are Nick Cage and were chasing the for the lost piece of the constitution that only several people saw and if we look right at it it will melt... .smh

Reactions: makirules
The STRANGE and ODD world of Tesla EDD.... I'm almost 2 weeks earlier than you on my order and I'm June 21-30

I wish someone from Tesla was on this site and can chime in and give us an idea how this even unfolds for deliveries, it's like all of us are Nick Cage and were chasing the for the lost piece of the constitution that only several people saw and if we look right at it it will melt... .smh
It would be great if they were on this site...but the sad reality is that if they were, they would probably be bombarded with DMs from everyone wanting updates to their order.

It is nice how the people at Savannah know when they are getting shipments, but other locations (ahem Kansas City) don't know anything.

It would be great if they were on this site...but the sad reality is that if they were, they would probably be bombarded with DMs from everyone wanting updates to their order.

It is nice how the people at Savannah know when they are getting shipments, but other locations (ahem Kansas City) don't know anything.

For me when I call in the start (May 8th) a few weeks after I received a "Good chance you will get your VIN the first week of June".... Nothing....

Then I get last week "You will get your car 28,29,30 def at the end of the month, you should get your VIN by the 18th"

My SAs are as good as a pack of Skittles never know what the flavor will give you when you tip the bag...

Pardon my language, but.....

HOLY.......................S.H.I.T..................

View attachment 670606

View attachment 670607

I don't know what to do with myself...

Is this real life????
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I wanted to offer everyone in Florida a little glance of hope.

Yesterday Afternoon I finally received a message regarding TeslaVision, and promptly after that message I also received my VIN #.
For some reason my EDD still said 8-12 Weeks which killed me, but today it has updated to June 18th-24th which is a bit late for me, but honestly, I'm just glad to know my car is on its way.
Anyway... A gentle reminder that I have a White on White M3 SR+ Ordered on April 25th of 2021.
I'll keep everyone posted here. Feel free to ask any questions
At first, I was kinda sad that no one replied to my post about me getting a VIN #, but now I realized why everyone was so happy and 3 pages of Posts have popped up out of nowhere.

@makirules I cannot imagine ordering my car on March 22nd and still be waiting until today, and honestly, you deserve it more than anyone else on this thread man... That's insane my guy. Hope your car comes perfect from the factory and no more headaches for you buddy.

Anyway, I love this thread and how people are so emotionally supportive to people in tough spots like makirules. Have a great day everyone.

At first, I was kinda sad that no one replied to my post about me getting a VIN #, but now I realized why everyone was so happy and 3 pages of Posts have popped up out of nowhere.

@makirules I cannot imagine ordering my car on March 22nd and still be waiting until today, and honestly, you deserve it more than anyone else on this thread man... That's insane my guy. Hope your car comes perfect from the factory and no more headaches for you buddy.

Anyway, I love this thread and how people are so emotionally supportive to people in tough spots like makirules. Have a great day everyone.
Much appreciated!

Sometimes I wonder if I would have ordered my car on the 19th (my birthday) instead of 3/22, if it would have been different. Sometimes a day (or few days) difference changes things..

Reactions: Drubaybred
For me when I call in the start (May 8th) a few weeks after I received a "Good chance you will get your VIN the first week of June".... Nothing....

Then I get last week "You will get your car 28,29,30 def at the end of the month, you should get your VIN by the 18th"

My SAs are as good as a pack of Skittles never know what the flavor will give you when you tip the bag...
I gotta say, your analogies are on point!

Sooo… I was scrolling through inventory last night and happened to come across a brand new model Y standard range 7 seater, in the exact configuration as the 3 I ordered. To say I’m excited is a vast understatement. I canceled my model 3 order. Black on black, no FSD, aero wheels, hopefully anyone waiting on that configuration gets it sooner than they would’ve.

Man people on here have the patience of a saint. Saw a few 2021 LR and SR+ in inventory available today and thought about cancelling my order but colors don't match what i want. plus LR is a little over my budget so i guess i'll be waiting...

Placed order 6/1
EDD went from 07/19-08/08 to 07/13-08/02 to 07/20-08/09 today.

From what i gather seems like EDD cannot be trusted initially. At least M3 wait isn't as bad as the folks on the MY forum lol

Sooo… I was scrolling through inventory last night and happened to come across a brand new model Y standard range 7 seater, in the exact configuration as the 3 I ordered. To say I’m excited is a vast understatement. I canceled my model 3 order. Black on black, no FSD, aero wheels, hopefully anyone waiting on that configuration gets it sooner than they would’ve.
Yup that's what I need :D Please pass this to me haha

Reactions: Jay3
I live here in the bay area 20 minutes from the factory placed my order on 5/30 my SA said I would get my M3SR by the end of June. Delivery day was 6/14 - 6/30 change to 6/19 - 6/30, 6/20 - 6/30 and now it's 7/6 - 7/26 I'm doing a car trade and trying not to drive my car to keep the miles low I guess I need to have patience now.

Reactions: Drubaybred