Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The buyback process will (eventually) net me much more than a sale to one of the above. Talking anywhere between 10-15k more.

Wow if you can grab that, great!

The used bolts were horrible when I checked on the used market. I was trying to grab a 2019/2020 but they weren’t budging on the price… I was waiting because of the new 22s hitting the market but Chevy wasn’t playing ball… so ended up here and will be 100% happier 😀

Reactions: makirules
This creates a problem though, as my Bolt buyback is still likely weeks away from completion. Don't really feel like having multiple car payments if the buyback isn't done before the 3 pickup. May have to delay taking delivery and.....then who knows, may be waiting till September. At least my Bolt buyback should be done by then. 😆
Make sure you are constantly calling/following up with GM. If not, they will just drag their feet doing anything.

Here’s my breakdown for this past week and I really hope this isn’t true.. I might be calling my SA to get a answer

ordered May 8

Mon - Jun 20-30
Tue - Jun 21-30
Wed - June 22-30
Thur - June 23-30
Fri - June 24-30
Sat - 9-13weeks
Sun - July 13 - Aug 2 (today)

Has to be a glitch…
Registered just so I could respond to you.

Ordered on 5/3, M3 SR+ blue/black, 18" aero wheels, no FSD. I requested delivery for the Clarkston, MI Service Center.

This is my EDD data that I have recently started keeping better track of:
May 5: 6/17 - 30
May 13: 6/2 - 30
May 16: 6 - 9 weeks from order placed date
May 27: No estimated delivery
June 2: 6/19 - 30
June 3: 7/14 - 8/3
June 4: 6/19 - 30
June 5: 7/14 - 8/3
June 6: 7/13 - 8/2
June 7: 7/13 - 8/2
June 10: 6/23 - 30
June 11: 6/24 - 30
June 12: 7/13 - 8/2
June 13: 7/13 - 8/2

Was told via text by my advisor on or around June 6th that it looked like my car was slated for July. My original estimate was 6 - 9 weeks from order date, so 6/19 - 7/5.

I'm mostly assuming I won't see my car by the end of this quarter, and maybe not even until the end of 3Q since I do have a couple of trips out of town at the end of June and end of July. So I will probably give up the dream and buy something else if my July vacation blocks my delivery. Sold my Chevy Sonic at the end of the week that I ordered to take advantage of the high offer from Carvana.

Reactions: mdanieltech
Registered just so I could respond to you.

Ordered on 5/3, M3 SR+ blue/black, 18" aero wheels, no FSD. I requested delivery for the Clarkston, MI Service Center.

This is my EDD data that I have recently started keeping better track of:
May 5: 6/17 - 30
May 13: 6/2 - 30
May 16: 6 - 9 weeks from order placed date
May 27: No estimated delivery
June 2: 6/19 - 30
June 3: 7/14 - 8/3
June 4: 6/19 - 30
June 5: 7/14 - 8/3
June 6: 7/13 - 8/2
June 7: 7/13 - 8/2
June 10: 6/23 - 30
June 11: 6/24 - 30
June 12: 7/13 - 8/2
June 13: 7/13 - 8/2

Was told via text by my advisor on or around June 6th that it looked like my car was slated for July. My original estimate was 6 - 9 weeks from order date, so 6/19 - 7/5.

I'm mostly assuming I won't see my car by the end of this quarter, and maybe not even until the end of 3Q since I do have a couple of trips out of town at the end of June and end of July. So I will probably give up the dream and buy something else if my July vacation blocks my delivery. Sold my Chevy Sonic at the end of the week that I ordered to take advantage of the high offer from Carvana.

Did you order out of Summer Set?

I don’t trust anything at this point but it’s just good to follow up with a SA on this.

My SA never said July or sniffed at it and actually I talked to multiple SAs all stating the same… But the SA at Summer Set has something that he uses/someone to look at something different from the others I spoke to. He said Friday “don’t take this 100% but good chance on the 16th you may get your VIN by what I’m seeing “

Now with that being said how true that is we will see, these past two days has never came into my profile since the start of things.

I see you are 5 days earlier than I was on the order, your exterior is Blue… I hope non white exterior cars are not the evil stepchild hahah

Did you order out of Summer Set?

I don’t trust anything at this point but it’s just good to follow up with a SA on this.

My SA never said July or sniffed at it and actually I talked to multiple SAs all stating the same… But the SA at Summer Set has something that he uses/someone to look at something different from the others I spoke to. He said Friday “don’t take this 100% but good chance on the 16th you may get your VIN by what I’m seeing “

Now with that being said how true that is we will see, these past two days has never came into my profile since the start of things.

I see you are 5 days earlier than I was on the order, your exterior is Blue… I hope non white exterior cars are not the evil stepchild hahah
I actually ordered through the website. I think the non white exteriors are definitely the evil stepchild hahaha.

You taking delivery in Clarkston as well? Maybe they're seeing something about a pending shipment.

Just wish there was more transparency, that's all. Really frustrating and worrying when you see there are people well before us that still have no car, and people that have ordered after us that have taken delivery.

I actually ordered through the website. I think the non white exteriors are definitely the evil stepchild hahaha.

You taking delivery in Clarkston as well? Maybe they're seeing something about a pending shipment.

Just wish there was more transparency, that's all. Really frustrating and worrying when you see there are people well before us that still have no car, and people that have ordered after us that have taken delivery.

Yes im going out of Clarkston it’s about 45/1hr drive.

Yeah I’ve said this from the start, granted the standard M3 isn’t a $50k or even a $40k unless you get the paint/FSD/tires . With what Musk preaches about future innovations I’d think Tesla would want you seeing the process/contact on updates better than the “Guess o Meter” that’s given.

Ive guided several people to Summer Set to speak to a SA and it’s worked out for them… Granted they had their orders in previous to you and but it worked out for them.

As I think it’s been described in here a lot of people believe it’s all about allocation for the market when we get our cars.

All I know is im going to look for a answer today on if this is really the dates or just a glitch because Im going to try to hit a Demo instead of even jump ship to someone else

Out of sheer curiosity am I the I only one that ordered 4/10 and still waiting with no vin looking at all the other comments of people that ordered in May like 👀. I hate to burst your guys bubble but just save yourself the emotional toll I’ve gone through and buckle up for the roller coaster of emotions ride 😂 I’ve been on it since April 😫😂
Omgosh. I'm in the same boat as you, ordered 1 day before you did. This week would be our 10th week..!

Spoke with 2 different SAs on Friday because for a few days my EDD was 6/16-6/30. Both insisted otherwise and that my delivery will happen in July. Today, my EDD is back to 7/3-7/23 lol

Anyone know if SAs able to see a different delivery window than we do?

Omgosh. I'm in the same boat as you, ordered 1 day before you did. This week would be our 10th week..!

Spoke with 2 different SAs on Friday because for a few days my EDD was 6/16-6/30. Both insisted otherwise and that my delivery will happen in July. Today, my EDD is back to 7/3-7/23 lol

Anyone know if SAs able to see a different delivery window than we do?

I believe there’s a tool that they have access to, but it may not be widely available/known.

My SA “has it” but he clearly stated to me on Friday that “this is just a estimate and could definitely change” and let me know my VIN date…

Now how’s this tool work I myself have a few theory’s
1) This is my strongest, he plugs in my Order Date my specs and it shows production lines running for that configuration. Then spits out a est time of VIN
2) He has a spreadsheet similar to option 1) but gives est of production times
3) This is my least favorite theory he knows someone at the plant and is getting feedback.

IDK nor do I stand by this but this is what he said to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

has anyone done home delivery yet? if so, how does making the final payment work? I am financing with my credit union and they have issued me a check to give to tesla. How would I give the check to Tesla if my delivery is a "home delivery" and contactless?

I believe there’s a tool that they have access to, but it may not be widely available/known.

My SA “has it” but he clearly stated to me on Friday that “this is just a estimate and could definitely change” and let me know my VIN date…

Now how’s this tool work I myself have a few theory’s
1) This is my strongest, he plugs in my Order Date my specs and it shows production lines running for that configuration. Then spits out a est time of VIN
2) He has a spreadsheet similar to option 1) but gives est of production times
3) This is my least favorite theory he knows someone at the plant and is getting feedback.

IDK nor do I stand by this but this is what he said to me 🤷🏻‍♂️
I just spoke with someone at somerset. Was told I’m looking at getting a vin in mid July (two weeks after the configurator’s 6 to 9 week estimate when I placed my order) according to a tool that takes your order number and shows when your potential vin match is in coordination with the current estimated production schedule.

Delivery typically takes 2 weeks after that (according to the person I spoke with) so it would be right when I’m out of town.

Time to start investigating a different purchase. Can’t wait until September to have a vehicle.

I just spoke with someone at somerset. Was told I’m looking at getting a vin in mid July (two weeks after the configurator’s 6 to 9 week estimate when I placed my order) according to a tool that takes your order number and shows when your potential vin match is in coordination with the current estimated production schedule.

Delivery typically takes 2 weeks after that (according to the person I spoke with) so it would be right when I’m out of town.

Time to start investigating a different purchase. Can’t wait until September to have a vehicle.

WHAT!!!!

You must have called right after me spoke to someone named Molly “We on are side are seeing possibly still end of month of June as still a possibility “ ok… “But you know how the market is for shortages”

im at a loss on what to do myself…. I’m going to give it till the end of the week and I’m going to do the following

1) Two SAs state that 16th or the 18th I should/could get my VIN, with this I’m going to wait till Sunday the 20th and see what my EDD is and what/if I have a VIN.

2) if neither of these things are going I’m pulling out, I to cannot go almost 1.5 months with a single car in my house just will not work.

WHAT!!!!

You must have called right after me spoke to someone named Molly “We on are side are seeing possibly still end of month of June as still a possibility “ ok… “But you know how the market is for shortages”

im at a loss on what to do myself…. I’m going to give it till the end of the week and I’m going to do the following

1) Two SAs state that 16th or the 18th I should/could get my VIN, with this I’m going to wait till Sunday the 20th and see what my EDD is and what/if I have a VIN.

2) if neither of these things are going I’m pulling out, I to cannot go almost 1.5 months with a single car in my house just will not work.
Fingers crossed for you. Maybe black is more common than blue?

Reactions: mdanieltech