Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as of today still holding tight on my July 13 - Aug 2 EDD... Called and spoke to a really nice SA, found her yesterday on my call in to see if this was true or a glitch.
Went through and told her my situation that I'd like to possibly grab a DEMO if possible, and of course I need to pay from $500-$2000 to re-route it to Michigan... so right now that will not happen...

Before I left I asked her what do you see today on your side...

SA -"It's still showing June as a a def possibility for delivery, I'd hold tight for at least another week and if your not assigned a VIN call me back and we will start looking for a better DEMO"
ME - So why does mine say July 13 - Aug 2 and yours says something totally different do you have better insight then I do?
SA - "Yeah we have a better idea and can get a idea on a def possibilities for the arrival, your date what your seeing is a worse care which they put out there."

😑 I feel like just finding a pillow and start punching it hahahaha, how in the world is this even possible for this to be going on and all the other people still waiting!!
I'm going to wait and every day look for DEMOs that are at least the Ohio area so I don't have to pay anything to get it shipped on top of already paying for shipping "Destination Charge"
I highly recommend searching for inventory cars on this website. Tesla Info: buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners

That's how i found mine! I got really impatient and saw that there was a NEW (not a demo or a showroom) inventory car that matched my configs exactly. The car had 15 miles on it and it was in seattle and I am in LA. It must have been an order that was cancelled last minute or something. Hopefully not a rejected delivery haha. So I found the car in seattle on Tesla Info, searched for it on the Tesla website and ordered it right away on Friday June 11. Got the vin immediately and delivery is scheduled for Sunday June 20. Don't even bother trying to call the SA to match you to that inventory car. It goes quick! If you find one, just order it right away if you can afford to lose the $100 order fee on your "original order". It was a small price to pay for me since I was literally losing sleep over not having a car for over 5 weeks haha. Let's not forget all of the Tesla EDD emotional roller coasters. I was going insane.

You can also keep both orders open and whichever one gets the first delivery date, you will keep and cancel the other one.

Good luck! I hope you are matched to something soon!

EDIT: There is a small lag between the Tesla Info website and the actual Tesla website. So if you find something on Tesla info, it may already be gone by the time you try and find it on Tesla's website. But keep at it! i was tracking both websites about twice an hour :D

Last edited:
Reactions: mdanieltech
Here's my latest news. Very different from what others are experiencing.

I ordered my vehicle on April 29 and it originally said 6-9 weeks for delivery.
My EDD fluctuated back and forth like everyone else.

I finally received a VIN on Friday, June 4 with a delivery date between June 17-June 20.

Then on Friday, June 11, I got a text to schedule my delivery. I had a choice of Sunday, June 27, Monday,June 28 or Tuesday, June 29.
But here's the kicker......I now have a totally different VIN. What???

Has anyone taken notice of their VINs????

So I called the local Tesla Sale Center and asked questions. Andre checked into it. He stated that the original VIN is stuck in the rail station in California. He said that there probably was an issue with that vehicle. He stated that my new VIN vehicle left production on 6/11 and would leave California in the next few days. Andre stated that they are delivering on average 42 cars a day at the Tampa Center.

He also offered us an opportunity to demo a vehicle overnight. (Of course, I said, YES PLEASE.) He will give us a "walkthrough" of all the essentials of the car and guide us through the autopilot and FSD, since we had some specific pointed questions.

So now when we pick up our car on June 27 we won't be driving it home "cold turkey". (Oh by the way, we have been a one car household since March 19th.-not fun but managing.)

Fingers crossed that my vehicle gets here to the Gulf Coast of Florida for June 27 delivery. (8 weeks + 3days from placing order online.)

Well I think I need to start digging around for DEMOs in my area... Ordering May 8th was all good up till this past Sat, was hitting delivery in June since day 1....

Now I'm looking out till July 13 - Aug 2nd this will not work for me... I'm going to give it this week because of the "Rumor's" that I was told by two different SAs that said I could/should get the VIN this week...

But if there's an opportunity to grab something in my config in DEMO I'm jumping on it...
Damn July 13?? Mine changed to June 26-30. Still no VIN so ima give it today & tomorrow then call the SA. He can't tell me 13th production & lie. I had gone in to buy a Demo lol.

Reactions: mdanieltech
Damn July 13?? Mine changed to June 26-30. Still no VIN so ima give it today & tomorrow then call the SA. He can't tell me 13th production & lie. I had gone in to buy a Demo lol.

I'm looking everyday for a DEMO, right now I bought a Tesla Wall Charger which if I sent that thing back I'm getting hit with a 15% stock fee, I got myself tons of other items for the car I'd need to send back... I'm kinda stuck...

I'll take one day at a time and just search around and if a SR+ or a LR comes up I'll grab either or...

Reactions: aresgraphicsss
I'm looking everyday for a DEMO, right now I bought a Tesla Wall Charger which if I sent that thing back I'm getting hit with a 15% stock fee, I got myself tons of other items for the car I'd need to send back... I'm kinda stuck...

I'll take one day at a time and just search around and if a SR+ or a LR comes up I'll grab either or...
How many weeks did they say originally for delivery when you ordered on May 8?

Order date: April 29, 2021 Tampa Delivery EDD: at time of order 6-9 weeks
M3 SR+ White/White FSD
EDD: As I received them:
6-9 weeks
June 3-23
June 5-25
June 8-30
June 10-30
June 12-30
June 19-30
3-13 weeks
June 14-28
June 16-28
June 17-28
June 18-28
Received an email with VIN: June 4 and accepted TeslaVision

Received a text to schedule delivery: June 11 with a New and Different VIN
Pick up Scheduled: Sunday June 27 for the "New" VIN vehicle.

Reactions: GiFer
What date did you order?

Idk I order SR+ midnight 2 weeks ago and my estimate DD is July 6 - 20 it was first June 14 - 20 and I only live 20 minutes from the factory no way I'm getting mine before end of Q3 I'm thinking more mid August the way DD changes every other day
Good Afternoon,

I Ordered my M3 on April 25th... I have all information on my signature below if you have any further questions. Thank you

I decided to go with the trade-in to Tesla, as it wasn't much different than what Carmax was offering, and I rather keep my current ride until I get my new one. I think someone mentioned in here something about savings in taxes when you go with a trade-in rather than selling car elsewhere. Not sure how that works.

For those who are picking up soon or have already picked up, when did you add the new VIN to your insurance policy? I don't want to add it yet and pay for insurance on a car I'm not driving yet.
No need to hurry on the insurance but you can start shopping around without effectively adding the new car to the policy until your delivery date is firm.
I switched from Esurance to Geico (better price end better coverage). Been with Esurance for at least 7 years but they couldn't match Geico's price. You can upload the insurance proof just before taking delivery.

Reactions: GiFer
grab these while they're hot!! NEW inventory models in seattle

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    267.3 KB · Views: 66