Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She's here! Did cursory look and didn't find anything yet. Will dig more later tonight. Was funny, they dropped it off and I didn't know it was there. Was just checking email and saw something from Tesla. Clicked the link so I could unlock the car with the phone. Boom! I was in!

May many a Blue button be in your future! Best of luck to you all!

IMG_0787.jpg

In San Diego also. Ordered 5-15. SR+ white no options. EDD has fluctuated almost every day. 2 days ago it was 6-23 to 6-30. Yesterday 9 to 13 weeks. Today 7 to 11 weeks. I do have a VIN although it's not yet revealed. I have reason to believe these cars are manufactured but missing a part. It's my feeling their 7 to 11 week EDD is a guess, and they're hesitant to say "We don't know, as soon as we can get parts."

I'm not worried about it. It's disappointing, but we wait like everyone else.

First post. Cheers!
Ordered 5/19 (close to you!) Hoping they dump some cars down here soon! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rsaucedo23
Based on this thread and Reddit, I feel left out from this text. EDD has been June 25-30 for the last week and no update text??

No point to reach out to my SA since he hasn’t replied in weeks and all I would get is “I don’t know, we’ll need to wait for a VIN” 🙄
Joined after lurking for several weeks so I can commiserate with EvilStryke. No text despite EDD being 2 days away since June 18, and currently June 25-30. Basic order info is in my name.

She's here! Did cursory look and didn't find anything yet. Will dig more later tonight. Was funny, they dropped it off and I didn't know it was there. Was just checking email and saw something from Tesla. Clicked the link so I could unlock the car with the phone. Boom! I was in!

May many a Blue button be in your future! Best of luck to you all!

View attachment 676892
Did u do home delivery? I have the same config as u but still no VIN and ordered in April🤨

Hey guys. I'm new here, this is my first post after following these Model 3 waiting room threads for the past week or two. But I just wanted to vent my frustration with this whole ordering/delivery process (or really, preach to the choir 😂). My understanding going into this was that ordering a Tesla was so much easier than haggling with dealers back and forth for hours. But ever since I placed my order, I've been really disappointed and would take the usual dealership back and forth by a mile.

Ordered White/black SR+ with 18" wheels on 5/7, for Burbank pickup--no VIN as of now. An SA called me the day after I placed the order, asking me to confirm my financing and insurance info ASAP. He said they wanted to get the car to me by the end of June and I needed to send them as much info as possible to make sure they could get the car to me by then. Cool, I sent them everything they asked for. Haven't heard anything from Tesla since (except for that automated "JUNE" text everyone seemed to get earlier today).

I suspect that June text most of us waiting on VINs received today was really a placebo to tide us over. At first I was super excited to finally hear something after almost two months of radio silence, but since then it occurred to me that it's even more smoke and mirrors--just like these arbitrary delivery dates that get pushed further and further back.

I understand they're overwhelmed. There are tons of people anxiously awaiting their new cars and they're struggling to meet demand. However, I'd forgive all of this BS if they were just more transparent. I'd rather they just straight up say "we underestimated the level of demand we got this quarter, and we can no longer guarantee you will be receiving your car by end of June". That's okay! If they said that to me earlier I wouldn't have applied for financing and taken the credit ding. If I can't get the car by end of June I'll have to apply for financing again and take another credit ding.

And even if they do deliver (literally), I'm concerned that the quality of my car won't be up to snuff, since they're probably rushing to get as many of these cars out as possible.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you did. I know I'm in the shoes of most of you guys, but just wanted to vent my frustration.

Reactions: GiFer
The Quick Bandit tag bracket was more expensive than I expected. And there are cheaper alternatives. But it seems to be a quality product and well made. I found it required a good bit of force to push in to the grill...so be ready for that. Once in the grill you lock it in place with a supplied Allen wrench.
Do you have recommendations for cheaper and good quality alternatives? I am yet to order and can take your recommendation.

100% Mindset is everything.. I went into this purchase with the mindset of having to wait a long time because I knew that’s how it worked. Makes no sense getting desperate or upset.

I gotta admit that it doesn’t help that their system is so messed up and gets your hopes up only to let you down. I would rather them keep the week timeframe until there’s a confirmed date of delivery 😏

Expect the worst delivery time and pray for the best ☺️ If you happen to get it earlier, then awesome!
So since I bothered you all with my question I figured I would share the update

I decided to take the sage advice I received here and trust the process, I stopped looking for Inventory or demo cars. I went so far as to stop checking to see if my EDD was inching closer (mostly because I was scared it would move further out again lol)

So no checking Sunday Monday and most of Tuesday, the Better Half comes to me and asks has it changed I tell her I am not checking at earliest we have a mid July EDD so I am just gonna wait for the them to email me. She tells me to check, I acquiesce and what do I see, Tesla Vision Acceptance screen!

I immediately click yes and get delivery date choices for Wed, Thurs, Friday of THIS week! OMG I am not ready (just joking I am SUPER ready)

Its near C.O.B on Tues so I am scrambling to get insurance and transfer the funds for the down payment etc.
While I am doing all of this I am a little nervous because
1) Its potentially almost over
2) I still haven't gotten any communication via text or email from Tesla so I am hoping its not an error of some sort

I get it all done pick Thursday for delivery, then this morning emails start coming in and I finally get a call to confirm pick up tomorrow!!!!

So I go from dejected to resided to excited as a kid in a candy store in a matter days.
Tesla is one of a kind when you make a product that can garner this much discussion, anticipation and excitement I guess you're doing something right

Thanks again for the feedback I received

Sharing in case anyone is wondering)
So maybe my wait is a blessing in disguise. I have a friend who totaled his Tesla 2 months ago. He financed and got insurance through Tesla. Well just got off the phone with him he said the Tesla insurance is third party garbage and it took them 48 days to finally pay him out. On top of that the third party bank was also giving him issues.

So now I’m not mad I don’t have a vin yet on my 4/10 order and will def not be getting Tesla insurance and I’m kinda hoping my financing does expire now so I can just go with a major bank like chase or bofa. 🙃

Hey guys. I'm new here, this is my first post after following these Model 3 waiting room threads for the past week or two. But I just wanted to vent my frustration with this whole ordering/delivery process (or really, preach to the choir 😂). My understanding going into this was that ordering a Tesla was so much easier than haggling with dealers back and forth for hours. But ever since I placed my order, I've been really disappointed and would take the usual dealership back and forth by a mile.

Ordered White/black SR+ with 18" wheels on 5/7, for Burbank pickup--no VIN as of now. An SA called me the day after I placed the order, asking me to confirm my financing and insurance info ASAP. He said they wanted to get the car to me by the end of June and I needed to send them as much info as possible to make sure they could get the car to me by then. Cool, I sent them everything they asked for. Haven't heard anything from Tesla since (except for that automated "JUNE" text everyone seemed to get earlier today).

I suspect that June text most of us waiting on VINs received today was really a placebo to tide us over. At first I was super excited to finally hear something after almost two months of radio silence, but since then it occurred to me that it's even more smoke and mirrors--just like these arbitrary delivery dates that get pushed further and further back.

I understand they're overwhelmed. There are tons of people anxiously awaiting their new cars and they're struggling to meet demand. However, I'd forgive all of this BS if they were just more transparent. I'd rather they just straight up say "we underestimated the level of demand we got this quarter, and we can no longer guarantee you will be receiving your car by end of June". That's okay! If they said that to me earlier I wouldn't have applied for financing and taken the credit ding. If I can't get the car by end of June I'll have to apply for financing again and take another credit ding.

And even if they do deliver (literally), I'm concerned that the quality of my car won't be up to snuff, since they're probably rushing to get as many of these cars out as possible.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you did. I know I'm in the shoes of most of you guys, but just wanted to vent my frustration.
I feel you ! I was feeling the same , so frustrated! I don’t mind waiting but geez just give us a realistic date!

Thought I'd update everyone to help with the anxiety. I finally picked my car up today. Ordered 26 April. SR+, black on black, no FSD, reg tires. Carlsbad, CA Tesla rocks. I test drove the dual motor and wondered if the one second in 0-60 speed would really be noticeable. It's not. This car flies. Everyone there was so helpful! Let me know if you have any questions. Be patient, it's worth the wait.

Attachments

• IMG_7305.jpeg
    IMG_7305.jpeg
    763.3 KB · Views: 52
Joined after lurking for several weeks so I can commiserate with EvilStryke. No text despite EDD being 2 days away since June 18, and currently June 25-30. Basic order info is in my name.
Wholeheartedly I know that I'm going to love the car. But this delivery experience is going to be a long-term stain for Tesla. Even through unprecedented demand, how you make people feel lasts forever. Customers will have many choices in the coming years, so it all eventually comes back around.

I emailed my SA, but I don't expect to hear anything since he hasn't replied to two other emails from weeks ago. After attempting to call three Showrooms all day with no luck, I ain't holding my breath.

Now we see what happens for the next 6 days...

Do you have recommendations for cheaper and good quality alternatives? I am yet to order and can take your recommendation.
I do not. The one alternative I've heard about was something like "Snap Plate." The posting about the Snap Plate (if I've got the name right) mentioned how they got home from a ride and the Snap Plate, and their front tag, was gone! It had fallen off during their drive. So, I can't recommend that.

Reactions: Tesconnect
My car was received @ the Mt. Kisco center in NY and has to be delivered to Rochester NY, I've only heard back from my SA on Tuesday saying the car got in the day prior and is now sourcing transport to my location. I've tried to get an idea on time from him but no response (takes weeks sometimes). Any ideas what to expect here ? Should I be expecting the car next week or more like a few weeks from now ?

Thanks!