Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date: 06/07/21
Details: M3 SR -- Black Exterior, White Interior
Current Window: Was 06/24 - 06/30 last night... changed to 06/25 - 06/30 this morning!

I spoke to an agent on the delivery hotline 2 days ago who said that Tesla is working on Westcoast deliveries right now. Not sure what exactly that means but fingers crossed mine is coming soon! He said he was able to see on his side that I should be able to schedule delivery soon even though I haven't been assigned a VIN yet! Anyone else experiencing the same?

Cheers!

Do the M3's that are being delivered come with the front license plate holders?
My Model 3, on delivery day, had the front license plate holder in the trunk. In this state (MD) temporary (paper) tags are rear only. But our permanent tags must be displayed front and back.

No way was I using the supplied front license plate holder. It attaches to the front with double-side adhesive tape. I purchased a Quick Bandit license plate holder which attaches to the "grill" work via a clamping system. Plus it holds the front license plate about half an inch away from the front, for easy cleaning behind it.

Good luck!

That is a bummer, and surprising, unless CarMax just missed something the first time? Did you try getting quotes from Carvana and Vroom? For whatever reason, my Subaru fetched a lot more from Carvana than from CarMax, which was not far off from Tesla's offer.
Did you try Craigslist? I put my 2010 Honda Accord V6 on there like a month ago and sold it within a day, right at KBB price for 1st party sale. Went super smoothly. I got low balled by CarMax and Carvana so I was more than pleased when I got more than double what they offered me.

Order Date: 06/07/21
Details: M3 SR -- Black Exterior, White Interior
Current Window: Was 06/24 - 06/30 last night... changed to 06/25 - 06/30 this morning!

I spoke to an agent on the delivery hotline 2 days ago who said that Tesla is working on Westcoast deliveries right now. Not sure what exactly that means but fingers crossed mine is coming soon! He said he was able to see on his side that I should be able to schedule delivery soon even though I haven't been assigned a VIN yet! Anyone else experiencing the same?

Cheers!
My account shows the same thing, keep pushing day by day. Maybe I should call too.

My Model 3, on delivery day, had the front license plate holder in the trunk. In this state (MD) temporary (paper) tags are rear only. But our permanent tags must be displayed front and back.

No way was I using the supplied front license plate holder. It attaches to the front with double-side adhesive tape. I purchased a Quick Bandit license plate holder which attaches to the "grill" work via a clamping system. Plus it holds the front license plate about half an inch away from the front, for easy cleaning behind it.
They have great reviews. I’ll order that. Thank you for the recommendation.

Reactions: rsaucedo23

I just checked out the cost and it's $139 wow, any good alternatives?

Finally picked up my car today! Of course there were some issues with it. The left rear taillight has a bad gasket and has condensation in it. The passenger doors have a gap in it and the interior trim over the rear passenger door isn’t aligned. Made an appointment to get these taken care of next week. It drove wonderful and it had a full charge on it. Here are some pictures of the car and the issues for people to look for.
0F98B62B-EE89-4444-8634-A9AF440F110A.jpeg

Attachments

• C2A0D855-31D9-410A-B573-7CEFAC1CBC35.jpeg
    C2A0D855-31D9-410A-B573-7CEFAC1CBC35.jpeg
    961.3 KB · Views: 58
  • CEB8F063-C982-4D9E-A583-202C254C123B.jpeg
    CEB8F063-C982-4D9E-A583-202C254C123B.jpeg
    640.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 29DD36C5-D057-4E37-938C-ABCD57673708.jpeg
    29DD36C5-D057-4E37-938C-ABCD57673708.jpeg
    490.5 KB · Views: 53
  • AB3FE67E-8136-4B67-AB73-5788576639C0.jpeg
    AB3FE67E-8136-4B67-AB73-5788576639C0.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 7F3DA586-E02E-4F4C-AD3A-F0CCEBCD5F8F.jpeg
    7F3DA586-E02E-4F4C-AD3A-F0CCEBCD5F8F.jpeg
    603.8 KB · Views: 53
Finally picked up my car today! Of course there were some issues with it. The left rear taillight has a bad gasket and has condensation in it. The passenger doors have a gap in it and the interior trim over the rear passenger door isn’t aligned. Made an appointment to get these taken care of next week. It drove wonderful and it had a full charge on it. Here are some pictures of the car and the issues for people to look for.View attachment 676820
Looks great. There's one pic of the side windows. Is that a gap on both front and rear side windows?