Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked up my car today! Of course there were some issues with it. The left rear taillight has a bad gasket and has condensation in it. The passenger doors have a gap in it and the interior trim over the rear passenger door isn’t aligned. Made an appointment to get these taken care of next week. It drove wonderful and it had a full charge on it. Here are some pictures of the car and the issues for people to look for.View attachment 676820
You had some serious build quality issues. I wouldn't be a happy camper at all! The gaps and the rear tail light sheesh!

Finally picked up my car today! Of course there were some issues with it. The left rear taillight has a bad gasket and has condensation in it. The passenger doors have a gap in it and the interior trim over the rear passenger door isn’t aligned. Made an appointment to get these taken care of next week. It drove wonderful and it had a full charge on it. Here are some pictures of the car and the issues for people to look for.View attachment 676820
Photo #3 is pretty atrocious. How does that slip by the factory?

You had some serious build quality issues. I wouldn't be a happy camper at all! The gaps and the rear tail light sheesh!

I wouldn’t go that far, and poster can still enjoy his new car. Just ridiculous that anyone at Tesla would sign off on that interior trim alignment as “good enough”.

Regarding the condensation, that happened with my last car (Subaru), too. But it was dry when I purchased the car, so wasn’t visible until a few weeks later.

Not sure whether or not the passenger door panel gaps are out of spec. Would have to compare with other Model 3s in the lot.

Overall, car looks beautiful, @Frostman1982! Enjoy!

I wouldn’t go that far, and poster can still enjoy his new car. Just ridiculous that anyone at Tesla would sign off on that interior trim alignment as “good enough”.

Regarding the condensation, that happened with my last car (Subaru), too. But it was dry when I purchased the car, so wasn’t visible until a few weeks later.
For a 40k car that's unacceptable imo the panel gaps sure but the tail light is a bit too far.

Just got a text saying to reply June if I plan on taking delivery
30312C7E-0B27-4761-BCAA-BA3739FB5743.jpeg

Early in May, I spoke to my SA and he told me to look out for a text to schedule delivery sometime in the last week of May or the first week of June. Long story short that didn't end up happening. June 3rd I speak to him again and he says the week of June 8th I'll get a text to schedule delivery. Again, that didn't end up happening. Growing impatient I reached out again on June 17 and he stated by June 23rd you should get a text to schedule delivery. Today is June 23rd and no such text has been received. Tesla account showing an EDD of 7-11 weeks. I understand that my SA has no say in how fast cars are being shipped to Vancouver but it has become extremely difficult watching friends and family who ordered the same exact car as I receive their cars before me ( I ordered in March & they ordered in April, some even in May).

Has anybody in Vancouver gotten their cars yet?

Ordered on March 30th - SR+ White Exterior/Black Interior/NO FSD/Base Aero Wheels

They have great reviews. I’ll order that. Thank you for the recommendation.

The Quick Bandit tag bracket was more expensive than I expected. And there are cheaper alternatives. But it seems to be a quality product and well made. I found it required a good bit of force to push in to the grill...so be ready for that. Once in the grill you lock it in place with a supplied Allen wrench.

Reactions: Tesconnect