Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG that is today! So happy for you! Hope everything goes smooth from here on out for you! So far the process hasn’t been so smooth for me lol the delivery address fiasco was fixed for me but now I did financing less than 45 days ago and they re ran my credit this morning and bumped up my interest rate from 2.69 to 2.91 which is so annoying. I was told it was good for 60 days without having to re run. And ofcourse it went slightly higher cause my score has yet to recover from the their first pull less than 45 days ago! Ugh lol now just waiting for the app to let me submit my down payment. If not to the bank line I go for a cashiers check today! It’s going to be hard to sleep the next two nights for me lol
Wow so they re-run credit? I'm anxious to see how much they lower my rate as I'm up 70+ points since ordering. I won't hold my breath lol. Planning on immediate re-fy.

OMG that is today! So happy for you! Hope everything goes smooth from here on out for you! So far the process hasn’t been so smooth for me lol the delivery address fiasco was fixed for me but now I did financing less than 45 days ago and they re ran my credit this morning and bumped up my interest rate from 2.69 to 2.91 which is so annoying. I was told it was good for 60 days without having to re run. And ofcourse it went slightly higher cause my score has yet to recover from the their first pull less than 45 days ago! Ugh lol now just waiting for the app to let me submit my down payment. If not to the bank line I go for a cashiers check today! It’s going to be hard to sleep the next two nights for me lol
Holy crap that's so annoying, I didn't even take that into consideration, but so far I haven't had to re-run, I'm financing through US bank and it's been 37 days so I'm crossing my fingers I don't have to reapply since I was already approved for the 2.49%. I'm headed to the bank to get a cashier's check just to be safe! Hopefully the days go quick for you! I'm going to pick up at 5:30pm today after my wife gets off. I'll be off at 2pm and anxiously awaiting her to get home lol.

Reactions: Lochnessmonstr
Wow so they re-run credit? I'm anxious to see how much they lower my rate as I'm up 70+ points since ordering. I won't hold my breath lol. Planning on immediate re-fy.
I emailed autofiance@tesla as soon as I got my banking alert around 9AM that my credit was ran. (Yay for those alerts) it didn’t even have me “re-accept” the new offer! It just replaced my old offer that I had accepted with this one. So I wonder how many other people don’t notice if their credit was re ran again because if it wasn’t for my alerts I wouldn’t know until looking at the slight interest rate increase! Tesla finance said the bank offers are good for 30 days. (SA reassured me 60 days when telling me to apply for financing ASAP 🙄) I was 6 days after the 30 day mark :( so they had to re run. I know some people don’t mind but I’m such a credit junkie and this honestly hurt my soul LOL oh well you live and you learn I shoulda just went to get financing with my credit union.

Reactions: makirules and SDBob
Got a text and checked my acct. The pickup appointment has been pushed out 24 hours and now Tuesday (6/29) instead.

Text:

Tesla Update - Your Tesla is experiencing a Transport Delay - We will adjust the appointment 24-hours out as to make sure we can oversee our inspection process. We can easily reschedule you to a sooner date pending arrival. Our number is 714-XXX-XXXX option 4. Thank you!
So, after all this, today, I get a call from an SA in the Costa Mesa Delivery Center saying that I can opt to have my car today if they can delivery it to my house. Of course I agreed to that but asked him about what I can do if there are issues with the car. He said, I can scheduled service if I find any issues which made me feel better about it. I was immediately received an email to accept the Financing Contract Agreement and the California EV Disclaimer which I did.

I'm all set and they said that I will get a text shortly before the car arrives at my house. It should be no later than 7pm but nothing is for sure so I'll believe when it is actually here. 🤞

For anyone that has paid their down payment with a cashiers check, does that slow down the pick up process? I haven’t got a notification to pay anything yet and I cannot transfer the large sum in one day to the account I need it to be in for withdrawal (maybe if I call the bank?) So I want to go to the bank today and get a check to be prepared and not scrambling in two days but the Tesla rep told me it will slow down my pick up dramatically. Has this been the case for anyone?
I handed the cashier's check to the Tesla Rep and while he brought the check to the office and noted the minor issues we found, we set up our driver profiles. It didn't slow the process down what so ever.

Reactions: Lochnessmonstr
First-time buyer here. M3+. Toronto, Canada region. Grey.

Ordered June 12.

Showed 9-13 weeks on date of purchase.

Currently sitting at delivery of July 27 - August 16, although for a brief time it did show July 2-15

It would be cool to have it around July 26, as that date will mark 5 years of sobriety for myself, and this is my "birthday gift."

Ordered June 12.

Currently sitting at delivery of July 27 - August 16, although for a brief time it did show July 2-15

It would be cool to have it around July 26, as that date will mark 5 years of sobriety for myself, and this is my "birthday gift."
I ordered the same color about 5 days later. Holding out for the end of July.
Congrats on the 5 years sober. M3 would be a great gift to mark the day!

Ordered June 12.

Congrads! we have the same order! i ordered june 2nd picking up from oakville by chance? i never saw july 2nd-15th but that would be super cool. we have the same EDD. July 16th is my birthday and that was my plan as well, a birthday gift to myself. Coming from a civic 2012. I'm pretty stoked for this.

Pulled the trigger and ordered my first Tesla Model 3 SR+ last night. Got the black paint. Estimate says August 6-25, so hopefully sometime in August. Financing all approved through Tesla at 2.49%, anyone know if they change the terms once delivery happens? I also have pre-approved through my bank too in case things change. I'm excited to upgrade!

Reactions: GiFer
I did it guys! Multiple concerns, door handles not flush, some mis aligned doors/good but they put it all on the due bill that I'll take care of in a service appointment!!! I'm in love

Attachments

• 20210628_175502.jpg
    20210628_175502.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 92
Pulled the trigger and ordered my first Tesla Model 3 SR+ last night. Got the black paint. Estimate says August 6-25, so hopefully sometime in August. Financing all approved through Tesla at 2.49%, anyone know if they change the terms once delivery happens? I also have pre-approved through my bank too in case things change. I'm excited to upgrade!
I read on Tesla’s website (I think) to wait until closer to your delivery date or get your VIN to do the financing. I joined PenFed today to take advantage of their 1.99% new car financing once that time comes.

My Tesla advisor texted me this afternoon and told me to switch my payment method to cash to speed up the delivery process, and that I can contact them to have them reset the payment portion when it’s time to settle up with the financing.

So, after all this, today, I get a call from an SA in the Costa Mesa Delivery Center saying that I can opt to have my car today if they can delivery it to my house. Of course I agreed to that but asked him about what I can do if there are issues with the car. He said, I can scheduled service if I find any issues which made me feel better about it. I was immediately received an email to accept the Financing Contract Agreement and the California EV Disclaimer which I did.

I'm all set and they said that I will get a text shortly before the car arrives at my house. It should be no later than 7pm but nothing is for sure so I'll believe when it is actually here. 🤞
Delivery Update:

So I received my car today. At around 6:00PM, my son told me there is a car out front so I went outside and there was my Model 3 on the side of the road. I see the delivery person jump in another car and drove off without looking at me even though I tried to make eye contact and say hi.

Everything including papers to sign and the key cards were in the car locked. I had to go to my account and accept delivery in order to use the mobile app to unlock the car. Using the checklist I got from this site and my cousin's help (who also has a 2019 Model 3), we went through the car and there were 4 issues we found.

• Driver side rear handle is not flush and is too much inset. This didn't surprise me since others that received their M3s recently have reported the same.
  • The same door with the handle issue also is very hard to close. I have to slam it to close it properly.
  • Near the front emblem, there is a bit of blue ink or paint. I tried to wipe it off with a microfiber towel but it won't come off.
  • The rear passenger window has several scratches. The front passenger also has one but it is very small and if they don't fix it, I might be able to live with that one.
I used the mobile app to request for service which will come out to me on Tuesday of next week between 7 - 11 am. Hopefully, all the issues can be fixed. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else wrong with the car.

It is odd that the SA told me that I would get a call shortly before the car is delivered which I never did. I love the car and company but they definitely need to get their acts together more.

Apologies for the crappy pics, there is some sort of weird filter on my iphone I can't figure out how to remove.

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 58
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg