Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been on my mind for a bit, but should a SA have reached out to me after I placed my order? I've never really talked to anyone from the Fremont SC over email or phone. I see people mentioning SAs and I'm like ..hmm who's my SA??
I’ve never talked to my SA. I only know their name because a customer service rep told me when I called the Tesla toll free #. Today is the 33rd day since my order. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I've heard the cars are produced in batches by color. Did anyone order a red SR+ last quarter add haven't gotten it? I'm hoping I get lumped into that but realistically know I'll probably be much further out.

I ordered a red SR+ on June 20, fingers crossed for August delivery..

I took my order off hold on 5/25 and waiting. Current EDD July 24 - August 21. Waiting on red too! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Reactions: megansblonde
Hi everyone, 1st time poster and new to the club, pending delivery of course. Ordered an SR+ Black/Black with Stock 18’s and no FSD… pretty much as basic as you can get. EDD has moved around significantly. Ordered June 5/21 in Oakville, ON, Canada,
1)July 20-Aug 10
2) July 2-16
3)Aug 20-Sept 4
4) Aug 10-30 (sat here for just over a week)
5) July 25-Aug 14,
this morning 6) Aug 4-24
How much notice do they give you when the car is actually scheduled to arrive? No VIN yet and like everyone I’m super excited to get my new wheels

Reactions: CCRM3
The EDD is like doing the Cha Cha slide. It slides to the left, to the right, criss-crosses, one hops, two hops, freezes, Charlie browns, and reverses.

Ordered 7/3
Last week it was 9-13 weeks
Jumped to Aug 9 - 29
Back to 9‐13 weeks on Monday
Then July 31 - August 20
Today: August 07 - August 27

If everybody claps their hands will I get a VIN and a scheduled delivery? 👏👏👏👏👏

Based on conversations (email and phone) with my SA, multiple articles, and gleaning information y’all have provided, I’ve gleaned the following:

Tesla is prioritizing west coast for US orders (based on EDD and conversation with Tesla at Tysons in VA).

Notice that EDD are at least a week (or more) earlier than dates for east coast orders. EDD remained at 9-13 weeks for east coast orders longer than west coast. Order dates for east coast are still in May, while *most* California orders in this forum have EDD start dates in the next few days/week - even for orders placed in June and July. The earliest start date I’ve seen for any east coast order is 21 July.

Am I wayyy off the mark? Are y’all seeing anything different?

I haven’t even started trying to analyze by color preference/customizations.

This is what having too much time between order and delivery leads to.. speculation.

P.S. I want every single one of us to get our cars ASAP, but I really feel for orders placed April/May (haven’t really seen any order dates lingering for April here though). Not fun seeing someone having ordered in July and getting an earlier date when you’ve already waited 6 weeks.. BUT.. only LOVE to all of you. 😉

Based on conversations (email and phone) with my SA, multiple articles, and gleaning information y’all have provided, I’ve gleaned the following:

Tesla is prioritizing west coast for US orders (based on EDD and conversation with Tesla at Tysons in VA).

Notice that EDD are at least a week (or more) earlier than dates for east coast orders. EDD remained at 9-13 weeks for east coast orders longer than west coast. Order dates for east coast are still in May, while *most* California orders in this forum have EDD start dates in the next few days/week - even for orders placed in June and July. The earliest start date I’ve seen for any east coast order is 21 July.

Am I wayyy off the mark? Are y’all seeing anything different?

I haven’t even started trying to analyze by color preference/customizations.

This is what having too much time between order and delivery leads to.. speculation.

P.S. I want every single one of us to get our cars ASAP, but I really feel for orders placed April/May (haven’t really seen any order dates lingering for April here though). Not fun seeing someone having ordered in July and getting an earlier date when you’ve already waited 6 weeks.. BUT.. only LOVE to all of you. 😉
For my sake I hope you’re right, I definitely feel for others who ordered earlier and are seeing later dates, I’m sure it feels incredibly unfair.

Just hoping we all get our cars soon!

Reactions: CCRM3
Ordered an inventory car that showed it was in my city (not that it was in transit which I saw on a few different cars when doing my order). I got a message to schedule my delivery, went to do that but that was cancelled. Was then told it was across the border (6.5 hours away) in a different city but would be here soon. Then delivery centre called me and said that there was one coming from a different city that would be here sooner and she recommended switching the VIN. I asked if it would impact my delivery date and was told no, it wouldn’t. I didn’t hear anything so I reached out and was then told that I did not have a VIN assigned but they were waiting for a car to be available. I was told they were going to switch the vin but apparently that wasn’t the case and it was a miscommunication from the person I spoke with at the delivery centre. Then I was told there was a shipment coming in the next few weeks. I hadn’t heard anything so I reached out again and now I’m being told it’ll be around August possibly.

Ordered an inventory car that showed it was in my city (not that it was in transit which I saw on a few different cars when doing my order). I got a message to schedule my delivery, went to do that but that was cancelled. Was then told it was across the border (6.5 hours away) in a different city but would be here soon. Then delivery centre called me and said that there was one coming from a different city that would be here sooner and she recommended switching the VIN. I asked if it would impact my delivery date and was told no, it wouldn’t. I didn’t hear anything so I reached out and was then told that I did not have a VIN assigned but they were waiting for a car to be available. I was told they were going to switch the vin but apparently that wasn’t the case and it was a miscommunication from the person I spoke with at the delivery centre. Then I was told there was a shipment coming in the next few weeks. I hadn’t heard anything so I reached out again and now I’m being told it’ll be around August possibly.
Wow!! That sounds frustrating. I hope they prioritize your delivery.. and you get yours soon. Can’t imagine the emotional ups and downs of your experience.