Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else still showing EDD of 9-13 weeks? Just me? I’ll just go over here and sit in the corner and think about all the bad stuff I’ve done to “deserve” this punishment. 🤣

But seriously, anyone immediately lose interest in something once you have it? Yeah, me neither.
Maybe it’s just us MD/DC folks getting the short end of the stick. How did I order 5/25 and I’m still showing August as my EDD lmao. You have people in here that ordered in June that are getting closer delivery dates! Waaah waaahh lol

Reactions: CCRM3
Maybe it’s just us MD/DC folks getting the short end of the stick. How did I order 5/25 and I’m still showing August as my EDD lmao. You have people in here that ordered in June that are getting closer delivery dates! Waaah waaahh lol
Exactly! Good ole DMV not getting any love. I did receive a voicemail in response to my email this morning and was given a long excuse that the dates are changing because Tesla is deciding where the deliveries will go and how to many will be sent to each coast. So, definitely sounds like they’re prioritizing west coast still. Who knows when we’ll take delivery, but from the voicemail, it did not sound like it would be soon.

Reactions: prplrain
Exactly! Good ole DMV not getting any love. I did receive a voicemail in response to my email this morning and was given a long excuse that the dates are changing because Tesla is deciding where the deliveries will go and how to many will be sent to each coast. So, definitely sounds like they’re prioritizing west coast still. Who knows when we’ll take delivery, but from the voicemail, it did not sound like it would be soon.
If the West coast is being prioritized at the start of the quarter it would be news to me! I ordered 5/17 and my EDD is later than most others I have seen (late Aug-late Sep).

Reactions: MisterL
If the West coast is being prioritized at the start of the quarter it would be news to me! I ordered 5/17 and my EDD is later than most others I have seen (late Aug-late Sep).
Bummer!! That stinks to hear. Where are you located? I just had a good conversation with my SA. He said they don’t even have cars to test drive at the location out here in Tyson’s Corner, VA.. for at least 2 weeks. They’ve had to cancel appointments for test drive. It’s the largest Tesla location in this area, so it’s usually prioritized, but no vehicles.. not even one. They took a car being serviced and used it for a test drive. Feels both good and bad knowing I’m not the only one.

Bummer!! That stinks to hear. Where are you located? I just had a good conversation with my SA. He said they don’t even have cars to test drive at the location out here in Tyson’s Corner, VA.. for at least 2 weeks. They’ve had to cancel appointments for test drive. It’s the largest Tesla location in this area, so it’s usually prioritized, but no vehicles.. not even one. They took a car being serviced and used it for a test drive. Feels both good and bad knowing I’m not the only one.
Taking a car being serviced for test drives seems uh bad? How is that okay??? I sure as hell wouldn't want my car being taken for customer test drives while it's in service.

Taking a car being serviced for test drives seems uh bad? How is that okay??? I sure as hell wouldn't want my car being taken for customer test drives while it's in service.
Yeah, you’re right!! I think I misunderstood.. my hearing must be worse than I thought.. probably said “service” car, not “serviced car.” 😂 My brain isn’t even working today. I’ve got water dripping from my ceiling and AC issues on top of work stuff. DUH.. service car.. I’ve always said “loaner car.”

Reactions: advil0
That's super weird.. have you called the Fremont center to get an update? I'm in SJ as well but my EDD is July-Aug and I ordered at the end of June ...hope you get your car soon, you've been waiting a lot longer than I have

Reactions: MisterL
I’m surprised you didn’t get it during the EOQ push! What’s your configuration?

I will say this: I called the service center where I’ll be picking up (Buena Park, CA) to ask them if my current EDD of July 11-28 is reasonable, and the guy who answered the phone said it’s possible, but more likely end of July/early August.

My config: M3SR+ white/white, aero wheels, no FSD.

Yeah this EDD thing is garbage... but it's still a fun little mini-game.

I spoke with my SA back in June about the real EDD. He said of the customers he's seen actually take cars off the showroom in June, the vast majority had put their orders in around March/April. It was a constant rolling 90-100 day backlog in my area. He even said whatever the website EDD shows, just ignore it because it's flat garbage. He said the only reasonable way to leapfrog in line would be if your exact build was rejected by someone else, and they re-allocate to you since your build configuration suddenly becomes available.

The EDD thing seems to just be a random number to keep people excited. If Tesla puts 90+ days, then people may get discouraged.

Reactions: CCRM3