Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting ready to take delivery of my M3 tomorrow. Got my wife’s MY LR back in May and placed and order for M3 shortly after. The order was placed on hold, wanted to lock in price, and take delivery in mid to late July. My SA was extremely responsive and helpful through purchase of both cars. She was pretty accurate with helping me take the car off of hold (6/3) to get the car on the timeline I was hoping for.

Like everyone else, EDD jumped all over the place, July, August, June, July, September and most recently a lot of 8-12 weeks and 9-13 weeks. This morning it showed July 15-25, I believe. The whole time my SA continued to check in and update me while also holding confident the car would come mid-late July. I sold my car beginning of July as my Carvana offer was expiring and was getting lower appraisals at this point, still hoping I wouldn’t go too long without a car.

This afternoon I got a voicemail from the delivery person, she said my car had just come in on the truck and wanted to see if I would like to accept the vehicle in the next week. I called back as soon as I could and was connected to my SA. She was surprised I called because she had just pulled up my account to call me, they got in a M3 LR that someone wasn’t able to accept so she was going to see if I was interested. I said no and thought I had gotten my hopes up because the delivery person said my car was there. She said if delivery is calling then they have their own calls and information they are working off of, she put me on quick hold then confirmed my car indeed was there and we set a pickup appointment for 1pm tomorrow.

I did not get a text, an email, vin on account or anything. They reached out to me right away. I have had excellent experiences with them both of them on the two orders and deliveries of our MY and M3.

Always read through valuable input from people on these threads but never posted. Hopefully this helps someone navigate this process. Be kind to your Tesla support people! Be kind to everyone!
Wait they had one available and you turned it down?

This experience is turning more into a hassle then fun. Having multiple delivery dates, and multiple times my trade in gets revalued only for tesla team to drop the price and ask me to reapply then drop the price. For those who cant get a hold of someone might be better off as my SA, keep telling me to do stuff then do it all over again because they dont have a car to sell me. The latest i said was dont reach out again until you have a delivery date until then take away the trade in parts are worth more then what your offering. No matter how good a car is if this is what is happening because we get the car, imagine the service after something happens. Never been screwed around with so much.

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 29 - August 16
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 26 - August 15
    • July 23 - August 06
    • July 28 - August 17

Just got my VIN after 83 days of waiting!
Ordered 4/21, White/Black, Aero, No FSD
EDD is now July 17-20.

I live like two hours away from the factory, so how soon do you guys think I can get the car? Do you think it could be here by tomorrow or Friday (even though the EDD is July 17-20.)
This makes no sense, why this long wait for standard config? in cali too?
I ordered the standard config, thinking that would get me the car delivered sooner :oops:
Did you maybe delay finish setting up your profile or put a hold or something?

Model 3 Standard Range Plus (base/stock options)
Pearl White Paint
18” Aero Wheels
Black Interior
Standard Autopilot (no FSD)

Payment Method: Financing Loan w/ Credit Union
9-13 Weeks on order date 6/26/21
Original EDD: 09/02-10/03

Recorded EDDs so far are as follows
06/28/21 EDD changed to 08/13-09/12
06/29/21
EDD changed to 07/30-08/19
07/02/21
EDD changed to 08/05-08/25
07/04/21
EDD changed to 9-13 Weeks
07/05/21 EDD changed to 08/05-08/25
07/07/21 EDD changed to 9-13 Weeks
07/09/21 EDD changed to 07/28-08/17
07/10/21 EDD changed to 08/05-08/25
07/11/21 EDD changed to 07/30-08/19
07/12/21 EDD changed to 08/02-08/22
07/13/21 EDD changed to 8-12 Weeks
07/14/21 EDD changed to 08/08-08/28
07/15/21 EDD changed to 08/10-08/30 (current)

Florida pickup

Just updating my times :). Might steal that graph idea later

Reactions: hcdavis3
This experience is turning more into a hassle then fun. Having multiple delivery dates, and multiple times my trade in gets revalued only for tesla team to drop the price and ask me to reapply then drop the price. For those who cant get a hold of someone might be better off as my SA, keep telling me to do stuff then do it all over again because they dont have a car to sell me. The latest i said was dont reach out again until you have a delivery date until then take away the trade in parts are worth more then what your offering. No matter how good a car is if this is what is happening because we get the car, imagine the service after something happens. Never been screwed around with so much.

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 29 - August 16
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 26 - August 15
    • July 23 - August 06
    • July 28 - August 17
I am really debating on what to do at this point. I placed my order 5/29. On 6/18 my SA called me and said to get my loan started. I got approved that same day. I was hopeful thinking it meant I would get the car soon. It’s about to hit 30days from the loan approval date. Still no car! My current vehicle is depreciating in value. I will have to re-apply for a loan once the 30 Day mark hits. Oh yeah I will have another hard inquiry on my credit as well. Just like you I really feel like I’m being screwed with. I absolutely want the car. However this experience is really making me regret ever putting in an order.

Delivery dates:
On July 3rd - 7/8-7/23
On July 4th- 7/9-7/24
On July 5th -7/10-7/25
And so on………
Today the delivery day shows as : 7/17-8/3

SITREP: Fell another week now my EDD August 12 - September 01. Means I will have to redo my trade in and maybe redo financing. Not stressing yet because this really doesn't mean much, but I am curious for the people who have received their VIN, What was your EDD right before you got your VIN?

M3 SR+, MSM, 18 Aero, no FSD
Ordered 6/16 (original EDD 8-12 weeks: 8/11 - 9/08)
On 6/27: 7/21-8/11
On 7/01: 7/28-8/18
On 7/06: 9-13 weeks
On 7/12: 7/22 - 8/11
On 7/15: 8/09 - 8/29

Slightly moving to the original EDD frame dates. I still check few times a day to see if I get a surprise.

M3 SR+, MSM, 18 Aero, no FSD
Ordered 6/16 (original EDD 8-12 weeks: 8/11 - 9/08)
On 6/27: 7/21-8/11
On 7/01: 7/28-8/18
On 7/06: 9-13 weeks
On 7/12: 7/22 - 8/11
On 7/15: 8/09 - 8/29

Slightly moving to the original EDD frame dates. I still check few times a day to see if I get a surprise.
I ordered the same build as you. The day after on 6/17. I’m in TX though
My EDD is Aug 15 - Sep 4.
It’s been slipping the last few days.

Reactions: jfguerrero
Ordered in June M3 basic as it gets and time frame constantly changes. My question is after getting approved with Tesla’s loan option, does anyone know when they contact you after? Or what exactly happens after? When do I sign the contracts and what not? Everything is super vague