Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
morning friends!! after four days of sitting at 8.22-9.11, my EDD jumped back out to 8.30-9.19. (from 5-8 weeks to 6-9 from date of order, which was 7.16)

this actually isn’t too horrible for me, as my lease is up in september and i would love not to have to pay for 2 cars’ insurance and monthly payment… although my impatient self wants the new car sooner rather than later 😂

as long as i can make it before the NJ rebate dollars run out, i’ll be happy!!

How did you negotiate? Is there a particular email you reached out to for it?
I called the main number and told them that their offer was way below market value and that I’ve had higher offers from other places but I would like to sell to Tesla. The guy on the phone said he sent a message to the trades team and about half a day later they gave me a higher offer.
Took a bit of arguing though. They explained to me that they don’t negotiate, but I told them that they were low-balling me. Eventually they said they would see what they could do.

Front date keeps moving a day and back date stays the same: 8/11-8/23. Think I’m getting close!! 5/31 order date, blue/white
Yep. My front date has gone from 8/7 to 8/12 over the past week. But my back date is solid at 8/21.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but what is the day lag between getting your VIN and getting an email/prompt for setting up delivery? Because once I get my VIN, I'm gonna need to contact my bank so that I can get a cashier's check ready in time for delivery.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but what is the day lag between getting your VIN and getting an email/prompt for setting up delivery? Because once I get my VIN, I'm gonna need to contact my bank so that I can get a cashier's check ready in time for delivery.
I've been watching many threads that suggest it's different for everyone. It's possible that you'll get the VIN first and then the prompt to schedule, but it's also possible you'll get the VIN after scheduling.

For people who get the VIN first, it could be minutes, hours, or days before they get asked to schedule the pickup.

My recommendation is that if you get the VIN first, call your delivery center ASAP and ask where your car is and when you can pick it up/when you'll get the prompt. If you get to schedule the pickup date first you'll be good.

From my own experience, I got my VIN yesterday and still haven't gotten a prompt, however, my delivery location is right at the factory in Fremont, CA so I'll call as soon as they open today and ask that if it's ready maybe I can just drive over this morning.

Hope this helps!

morning friends!! after four days of sitting at 8.22-9.11, my EDD jumped back out to 8.30-9.19. (from 5-8 weeks to 6-9 from date of order, which was 7.16)

this actually isn’t too horrible for me, as my lease is up in september and i would love not to have to pay for 2 cars’ insurance and monthly payment… although my impatient self wants the new car sooner rather than later 😂

as long as i can make it before the NJ rebate dollars run out, i’ll be happy!!
Same here! My dates got pushed back 6 days to 08/17-09/06 after days of sitting at 08/11-08/30 for my order on 07/10. But as long as there is still money left I'm in no rush! I'm taking delivery out of Lawrence/Princeton for a SR+ MSM/black/aero.

Reactions: Tesconnect
Same here! My dates got pushed back 6 days to 08/17-09/06 after days of sitting at 08/11-08/30 for my order on 07/10. But as long as there is still money left I'm in no rush! I'm taking delivery out of Lawrence/Princeton for a SR+ MSM/black/aero.
hey, i am picking up from princeton too!!

SR+, white exterior/black interior, aero wheels/standard everything else. no FSD.

also i ordered on 7.16 at night (a friday) so i never know if i should count my date as 7.16 or 7.17 😂

i am quite sure tesla is not splitting hairs over this the way i am hahaha 🤣