Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t tell my friends or colleagues. My family (parents, siblings, in-laws) knows it, but my kids don’t. My 8 year old daughter is a big fan of Tesla cars (been since 3 years) and is her first choice when asked what car we should buy. Am planning to surprise her when I get the car (whenever that happens). I want to see her face light up when she sees a Tesla in our garage! That’s really the reason why I haven’t told any friends. Because then the topic will be discussed and she will easily find out.
Please get in on video! And frame a picture of her face!

So question for those of you waiting, or maybe just got theirs. Has anyone else kept ordering a Tesla a secret from their friends and or family? And if so, why? Or have you told people and gotten a good/bad reaction?

I'm curious to hear the answers. For me i have only told my hairdresser, who was very excited for me. My family will find out once it's delivered; but they are weirdly judgmental of everything; and i just want to enjoy it all on my own. So they get kept in the dark until then.
My family has a proud line of Toyota's... But when a Camry is more expensive than a Model 3...? I decided to take the risk. 😅 But parents are pretty disapproving. Sister loves it. Mixed reaction from car enthusiast friends.

Reactions: Liarparadox
My family has a proud line of Toyota's... But when a Camry is more expensive than a Model 3...? I decided to take the risk. 😅 But parents are pretty disapproving. Sister loves it. Mixed reaction from car enthusiast friends.
I'm preparing for the mixed reaction from some friends. A little bit of hater's jealousy, a little bit of "you paid what for this and it doesn't have X feature?".

I'm preparing for the mixed reaction from some friends.

I ordered mine in early June and already had my own mixed reactions when ordering. Some things Tesla does well, some they exceed, and some they have a long way to go. Paint, fit and finish, ride fine tuning, unnecessarily complex controls (wipers), no Android Auto/Carplay, and abandoning the proven technologies (rain sensors) all need improvement.

I got to say... I hope their website's speed isn't an indicator of how well the car works. Did I mention the website's authenticator was actually down when we went to the leadership to order the car?

Anyway, no change here today. 7/6, blue/black, NJ. Still August 15 - Sept 04. Still no VIN. Sigh. To be fair, when we ordered we were told the current delivery time was September so I shouldn't complain...

So looked it over top to bottom....everything looked good panel gap wise. There's possibly a slight misalignment with one of the pieces of roof glass, but I'm probabl being overpicky.
When I was doing the initial walkaround, I did see that the right front aero cover was half popping off. The delivery guy popped it back into place and it seems OK, but I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if there's a defect with that cover. Other than that, it looks just about flawless. Came with an (unused) charging cord, and also a tire inflation kit and J1772 adapter.
Another quick mini update. Car drives like a dream (especially when turning around corners)...way better experience than my Bolt. Only issue I seem to be having is my 30 day Premium Connectivity trial doesn't seem to be working. I subscribed for the trial, but when I try to use any of the "premium" features, I'm still locked out. For example, my wife (in the passenger seat) couldn't get the browser to work while I was driving (said to connect to a wifi network). I'll get it figured out, but other than that, awesome experience so far. Those of you chomping at the bit for your 3, the wait will be worth it.