Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a few new cars in inventory on tesla-info.com. Thought I should share here..
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 8.36.10 AM.png

just heard back from my SA. he said (and idk how true this is, so take it with a grain of salt): “It is common for the EDD to jump around, as the dates you are seeing are just an estimate. We should have a better understanding of when your vehicle is going to arrive once we get further into this month.”

(emphasis by me)

so,,,,, the beginning of the month reset all our visual estimated timelines? or else he’s got a way with words 😂

Gone now, that was fast!
Lightning fast.. one quick question to folks who ordered from the inventory. Did you look up tesla.com or tesla-info.com to know whether that particular model with the specs was available in inventory? On tesla-info.com I do not see a 'full' VIN (thats what the chat rep was asking for). I am guesssing that may be available only on tesla.com?

Also, I remember reading something about not choosing 'In-transit' when looking at inventory because that can take longer. Where would one be able to see whether a particular inventory model is in-transit or not?

I almost feel bad for posting this, because I haven't waited very long, but I just got my VIN today!

Ordered 7/18, White/White SR+, no FSD, aero wheels.

Maybe this can give everyone some hope...my EDD has been jumping around like crazy since I ordered. One day a good range of dates, the next 8-14 weeks, then back to dates, then 8-14 weeks. When I talked to an advisor about the crazy dates, he just said that I shouldn't expect to see anything until September.

Today when I got on my account page, the description changed from just "Tesla Model 3" to "2021 Tesla Model 3", and when I clicked on it, it took me through the Tesla Vision prompt and then my VIN was there (I never received an email or text about Tesla Vision).

Talked with my delivery center today to reserve a 14-50 Nema so that it was there upon delivery, and they said the car should be in the 17th ( still a little wait, but at least I can stop refreshing my page constantly 😅 )

I almost feel bad for posting this, because I haven't waited very long, but I just got my VIN today!

Ordered 7/18, White/White SR+, no FSD, aero wheels.

Maybe this can give everyone some hope...my EDD has been jumping around like crazy since I ordered. One day a good range of dates, the next 8-14 weeks, then back to dates, then 8-14 weeks. When I talked to an advisor about the crazy dates, he just said that I shouldn't expect to see anything until September.

Today when I got on my account page, the description changed from just "Tesla Model 3" to "2021 Tesla Model 3", and when I clicked on it, it took me through the Tesla Vision prompt and then my VIN was there (I never received an email or text about Tesla Vision).

Talked with my delivery center today to reserve a 14-50 Nema so that it was there upon delivery, and they said the car should be in the 17th ( still a little wait, but at least I can stop refreshing my page constantly 😅 )
Hey, I'm also in Ohio! I ordered the same config as you, but with the black interior on 6/23. No VIN yet here.

I did notice my EDD updated again today. It's the first I've seen it update twice in the same day. Window closed one more day to 8/17-8/25.

Hey, I'm also in Ohio! I ordered the same config as you, but with the black interior on 6/23. No VIN yet here.

I did notice my EDD updated again today. It's the first I've seen it update twice in the same day. Window closed one more day to 8/17-8/25.
Those were the same dates I had yesterday. Maybe your VIN is coming too! hopefully our cars will be on the same truck. haha

Lightning fast.. one quick question to folks who ordered from the inventory. Did you look up tesla.com or tesla-info.com to know whether that particular model with the specs was available in inventory? On tesla-info.com I do not see a 'full' VIN (thats what the chat rep was asking for). I am guesssing that may be available only on tesla.com?

Also, I remember reading something about not choosing 'In-transit' when looking at inventory because that can take longer. Where would one be able to see whether a particular inventory model is in-transit or not?
I ordered from tesla.com to get one within my 200 mile range. I did use tesla-info to see if there were any outside my range in CA becasue the transfer fee is only $500 within the state. If you click the tesla-info link it will direct you to the correct zip for the car and you can get VIN that way. They do go fast though so we just put down the extra $100 to secure ours.

Tesla-info is the best for telling you whether its on site or in transit.

Just picked one up yesterday from inventory (same config as I was waiting on, just upgraded to LR). I used tesla-info.com (with a Chrome extension that refreshed the page every 15s). I'm pretty sure it had a full VIN when I ordered it. I can't speak to the "in-transit" question.