Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost feel bad for posting this, because I haven't waited very long, but I just got my VIN today!

Ordered 7/18, White/White SR+, no FSD, aero wheels.

Maybe this can give everyone some hope...my EDD has been jumping around like crazy since I ordered. One day a good range of dates, the next 8-14 weeks, then back to dates, then 8-14 weeks. When I talked to an advisor about the crazy dates, he just said that I shouldn't expect to see anything until September.

Today when I got on my account page, the description changed from just "Tesla Model 3" to "2021 Tesla Model 3", and when I clicked on it, it took me through the Tesla Vision prompt and then my VIN was there (I never received an email or text about Tesla Vision).

Talked with my delivery center today to reserve a 14-50 Nema so that it was there upon delivery, and they said the car should be in the 17th ( still a little wait, but at least I can stop refreshing my page constantly 😅 )
Needed to hear this, thank you and congrats!

Reactions: TF_Ohio
Anyone ever have a mid-day EDD update? Went from early date 8/17 this morning, to 8/18 just now. Only time I can think of that my EDD changed more than once in a day, and that it wasn't 7:30 in the morning. Wonder if they are narrowing me down, or just the algorithm got a mid-day reset. Maybe I should make another pointless spreadsheet to compare settings.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Anyone ever have a mid-day EDD update? Went from early date 8/17 this morning, to 8/18 just now. Only time I can think of that my EDD changed more than once in a day, and that it wasn't 7:30 in the morning. Wonder if they are narrowing me down, or just the algorithm got a mid-day reset. Maybe I should make another pointless spreadsheet to compare settings.
Mine just did the same thing, moved from 8/17 to 8/18. And I’ve never had a midday change…

This is fun.

I ordered 3/1 - Black SR+, white interior, auto-pilot - up in Vancouver, Canada. Says 2 week window in my account profile, but no VIN or delivery date yet.

I called sales on Monday, and they said expect 4 weeks. I'm fine with that, as long as 4 weeks doesn't become 6 or 8 weeks.

What's weird, is sales told me reservation order does matter. I reserved 3 years ago, on the very day they took pre-orders...but I have a feeling, inventory or other factors will trump this.
Waiting estimate is not accurate , just keep waiting

For those who constantly check the Tesla site on their iPhones, I made an iOS Shortcut to get the VIN, if one is present. It searches the page source code for a VIN and presents you with a notification & copies it to your clipboard. Everything happens on your phone, so it's very secure.

Steps:
1. You may have to enable "Allow Untrusted Shortcuts" from Settings > Shortcuts on your device
2. Click on the iCloud link: Shortcuts
3. It will then prompt you to add it to your Shortcuts. You will get to see all of the source code, so nothing "shady" is happening.
4. Once added, open the Tesla site on Safari and then open your vehicle order details page.
5. Click on the Share button on the bottom and then click on "Get Tesla VIN"
6. Wait for a prompt telling you whether a vin was found or not.

Feel free to customize it per your needs or tag me if you have questions/issues.

IMG_8994.jpg

IMG_8995.PNG

Ordered my white Model 3 SR+ aero wheels on 7/25. Have been watching the EDD move from 8-14 weeks, then September 5-25, and now back to 8-14 weeks today. I am assuming these estimates are similar to Elon's timing on releases of new products!:) I need to drive 5 hours to pick up the Model 3 when it's ready so It would bench to have a reliable time line for planning purposes.
I just checked my EDD and now it's back to September 12-20. This is a fun game!:)

Reactions: willxhunting
Welcome. Many folks in this forum got the 8-14 weeks EDD today. Hopefully it changes tomorrow. Also heard from folks here that one shouldn’t read too much into EDD, unless you are close to getting a VIN.

Hadn’t heard about that tip and trick for financing before.. Wish that I knew it before I booked the car.
Me too. I just got the loan and thought that would get me in line the fastest.

Reactions: Vystery