Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally gave up hope, after the dates went backwards. I went to see my SA, he asked me not to obsess over the EDD dates 😬
But, little surprise today: I received VIN . No text or email yet. EDD is still Aug 16-22. But at least, now I know I have a car for me💀 .
After all, it wasn't quite as bad for me compared to others. But I have base config, that could be the reason.

Last edited:
Got VIN 8/3, and today I got a delivery appointment 8/7 & the prompt to pay. The appointment can in via a text, and the website updated. No emails.

I selected Fremont Factory pickup, but they automatically changed it to Home Delivery. The SA's are not responsive about how to change it, so I'll just wait two more days and (hopefully) have an easy experience.

Today the city permitter comes to give the thumbs up to the charging installation. Things are looking good!

Will post an update as it goes.

1628177610319.png

Front date keeps sliding back a day and the back date has remained the same since July 31st.

Lackof VIN at this point makes me a little worried.

So they just scheduled my delivery date. 08/11. However.. they are doing a home delivery, not a pick up at the Delivery Center.

Anything I should be worried about?
Interesting. I was told home delivery wasn’t available for me. But I’m about 45 minutes outside of Austin so I figured that’s why.
I wouldn’t worry too much. I’d say it would be a plus to have it dropped off in your driveway!

Reactions: Vystery
So pick up day was today but the car is late by a day. I have watched every youtube video and now I am kinda burnt out. For anyone that has picked up did the car show up on your app before you got to the dealer?
Following this because I'm also curious. My delivery day got moved to today at noon and I see nothing in the app. I can also try to come back after I pick it up and let you know the process of we don't get an answer!

Reactions: Vystery
For the Fremont factory folks who selected the factory as a delivery location, you'll most likely be put down for home delivery even if it didn't show as available. If you really want to pick up from the factory, just call them and ask them to change it. They can do it on the back end instantly.

That's what I did! I was looking forward to the drive home in my new whip 🤠

Put in order today:
M3 SR+
Midnight Silver
19" wheels
Pick up will be Corte Madera, CA
Congrats! You're going to LOVE your Tesla. Friendly reminder that your EDD means absolutely nothing and that you should expect to wait a very very long time for your Tesla to arrive. Enjoy the wait, enjoy the anticipation and read that manual while you wait! If you have a car don't sell it until you have your Tesla in hand or be prepared to be taking public transit. No date from Tesla means anything and they can and will change without notice. Take that seriously and you'll enjoy the wait. Think your EDD means something you'll be miserable. I've had my car now about a week and I cannot stop smiling when i'm driving it. I go into my garage just to stare at it.

socal people let's not lose hope!!
View attachment 692436

Front date keeps sliding back a day and the back date has remained the same since July 31st.

Lackof VIN at this point makes me a little worried.
My delivery dates have been going crazy, as well, and it changed twice, yesterday, for me.. Still no VIN though. If Glendale is getting a delivery, maybe it's moving more south, for Cali, soon?? :D