Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys and gals! I’m about to do something stupid. Watching more YouTube videos and patiently waiting to get my M3 (order date 6/11 and my EDD is now Aug 17-25)….but I ordered a White exterior and black interior. Going to the Tesla dealership and ask them to change my order to a white interior. I wonder if that will move me back to the back of the line. Even if it does, I feel that I rather wait another 3 months instead of having it regret it for years. Eeeeek, this is going to be so dumb of me but F-it 😂
go for it! I think the white/white is a more popular build, so maybe you won't wait too long!

My EDD kept moving backwards so I decided to contact my SA via email, I explained that although I knew that he had no control over delivery I couldn't wait indefinitely until Tesla decided that it was time to give me a car. I was really open to consider other options.
He quickly replied that he will call me back with news. During the call he said that he understood and was sorry, they had someone matching my build who wanted to delay their delivery so hopefully he could get me that car.
Couple of hours later I received and email from SA asking to check my account, bingo! Tesla Vision prompt, VIN in account, estimated delivery 8/8 - 8/11.
I know is not the same for everyone but I can't stress how helpful my SA has been throughout the process and was always willing to go the extra mile to make my experience better.
I hope this is helpful for others.
Happy for you my friend. Congratulations!

Reactions: parfon