Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just scheduled delivery for 19th Aug (earliest available) and paid.
They are making me to take home delivery. I have no idea why. I certainly opted for pickup while ordering. I asked if I can pickup, no response yet.
My tinfoil hat head says the built quality is so bad that they don't even want to show their faces 🤣 Guess I'll have struggle for another month to fix a long list defective items( hopefully not😭)
Good luck! I'd imagine the Home Delivery is being pushed because of concerns about COVID ramping back up? Here's hoping you don't have too many issues to fix.

I've been away for a few days but just scheduled delivery for the 18th! That puts me almost exactly 2 months from my order date of 6/23, so really, not that bad of a wait.

What's interesting is that I had to schedule home delivery, even though I'm less than five minutes away from my local service center. Seems like them pushing for the home delivery is a common theme.

1k miles?? I remember you just getting your car late July haha.

That's amazing, have you bumped into any Superchargers lately?
Yup all city miles too.

Checked out a couple superchargers, the 1st one was only netted me about 70kwh max then I went to another one and got upwards of 140kw max on the charge. Both were a fun change to "fueling up." And best of all they were both free :D

And wow you also got your VIN on my bday haha. Delivery right around the corner!

Reactions: Baytomax
Yup all city miles too.

Checked out a couple superchargers, the 1st one was only netted me about 70kwh max then I went to another one and got upwards of 140kw max on the charge. Both were a fun change to "fueling up." And best of all they were both free :D

And wow you also got your VIN on my bday haha. Delivery right around the corner!
Should start having more birthdays for the rest of us here!

I am most looking forward to skipping gas stations. The cost and time savings is what I'm most excited for.

For anyone who just ordered, if you're really in want of a car and would eat the $100 order fee. Here's a tip on snagging one from local inventory.
  1. Open Tesla's Model 3 "New Inventory" page
  2. Download "Page Refresh" Google Chrome extension
  3. Set for 15-30 seconds - hit start
    1628532974512.png
  4. Your car will eventually pop up - proceed to order.
    You lose your $100 order fee from your existing RN but most people are okay with this if it can save them 2-3 months of wait.

Notes:
  • Alternatively, you can use a site scraper like Tesla-Info which will scrape the entire U.S. BUT a lot of SR+ are snagged way before they even make it to this site from what I've noticed. LR and Performances tend to stay up on this site a lot more. I've seen upwards of 5+ minutes lag time between popping up on Tesla-Info vs Existing Inventory. That's more than enough time to get your car snagged.
  • Can also run this for the Tesla-Info tab and have both running side by side. Maximum efficiency!
  • Helps if you have a dual-monitor setup.
Sounds insane but if you've just ordered, this might be your best shot of getting one before the end of Q3 maybe even Q4.

For anyone who just ordered, if you're really in want of a car and would eat the $100 order fee. Here's a tip on snagging one from local inventory.
  1. Open Tesla's Model 3 "New Inventory" page
  2. Download "Page Refresh" Google Chrome extension
  3. Set for 15-30 seconds - hit start
    View attachment 694334
  4. Your car will eventually pop up - proceed to order.
    You lose your $100 order fee from your existing RN but most people are okay with this if it can save them 2-3 months of wait.

Notes:
  • Alternatively, you can use a site scraper like Tesla-Info which will scrape the entire U.S. BUT a lot of SR+ are snagged way before they even make it to this site from what I've noticed. LR and Performances tend to stay up on this site a lot more. I've seen upwards of 5+ minutes lag time between popping up on Tesla-Info vs Existing Inventory. That's more than enough time to get your car snagged.
  • Can also run this for the Tesla-Info tab and have both running side by side. Maximum efficiency!
  • Helps if you have a dual-monitor setup.
Sounds insane but if you've just ordered, this might be your best shot of getting one before the end of Q3 maybe even Q4.
to add this checking on the weekends in early morning/evenings since cars sit a little longer. How we got ours!

For all you Bay Area folks, I drove by the Tesla "storage" area they have near the Dublin Service Center yesterday (it's basically a parking lot they use near a closed Hooters) and there were a ton of Model 3s parked there, with another group of them being off-loaded from a transport truck. Hopefully that is a good sign for folks, like me, waiting in the Bay Area. Good luck to all...

to add this checking on the weekends in early morning/evenings since cars sit a little longer. How we got ours!
Does this checking help mostly if the car is in your own zip code? Or does it also work quick if the inventory is in a different zip code? For example, if I see a car in Bay Area and I am in AZ, does it mean I can still get it quicker than waiting it out? Has anyone used this approach for a car available in a different state ?

For all you Bay Area folks, I drove by the Tesla "storage" area they have near the Dublin Service Center yesterday (it's basically a parking lot they use near a closed Hooters) and there were a ton of Model 3s parked there, with another group of them being off-loaded from a transport truck. Hopefully that is a good sign for folks, like me, waiting in the Bay Area. Good luck to all...
I bet mine is there! Spoke w/ someone at a service center and they said my car is set to be delivered to their facility tomorrow (8/10) so I wouldn't be surprised if mine is still at the factory.

Reactions: iamlina and Vystery
Just scheduled delivery for 19th Aug (earliest available) and paid.
They are making me to take home delivery. I have no idea why. I certainly opted for pickup while ordering. I asked if I can pickup, no response yet.
My tinfoil hat head says the built quality is so bad that they don't even want to show their faces 🤣 Guess I'll have struggle for another month to fix a long list defective items( hopefully not😭)
I had a home delivery scheduled and aside from a slightly recessed door handle in one of the doors, my 3 was pretty much flawless. Hopefully the same for you.

When did you get your financing locked in? Or did you do cash?
Locked financing 2-3 weeks ago, I was going to lease, then switched to cash on accident, and then switched to financing lolll I was super on the fence.
I have my pickup tomorrow. Is there a standard checklist that people use?
teslaprep/model_3_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep is what I'll be using?? Plus a ton of youtube videos
wooohoo!!! That delivery date was quick! How did you schedule it? Did you call your SA or was everything done on your account page? Other than the tesla vision prompt and the VIN showing up, nothing else has changed on my account page. Ive seen other people post that it takes a couple days for the payment request to show up.
Messaged my SA but it's this link:
tesla.com/schedule/RN{rest of the order number}
Tesla Vision Prompt showed up, I screamed, I accidentally pressed back, I panicked, it popped up again, I accepted, and then my VIN showed up. I asked my SA IMMEDIATELY when I could schedule a delivery and they sent me that link. I got the delivery email to set one, like, an hour ago? But with the link I got to do it faster. As soon as I scheduled delivery, I got Tesla Insurance and the payment came up at the bottom.

Yay!

I chose to pick up, they have my address to drop off, but I'm still expecting to have to pick it up... Will update on Wednesday! Good luck to VIN needers, and super good luck to those picking up this week! Let's go for all Excellent's on that checklist!
I work from home one day of the week (Wednesdays) but my earliest delivery date is Thursday (8/12).

Trying to get a hold of someone to see if I can just drop by Wednesday to pick it up. My car is set to be delivered Tuesday (8/10) so the guy said it shouldn't be an issue if I pick up early.

Reactions: Vystery
I work from home one day of the week (Wednesdays) but my earliest delivery date is Thursday (8/12).

Trying to get a hold of someone to see if I can just drop by Wednesday to pick it up. My car is set to be delivered Tuesday (8/10) so the guy said it shouldn't be an issue if I pick up early.
I'll be WFH that day anyway, because of other appointments, but I reallyyyy want a reason to drive it.. immediately. Haha. Otherwise I have to go directly into another work meeting whenever I'm don with pick up.

We'll be Wednesday pick up buddies! Though mine will be in Costa Mesa, if I do get to pick up.