Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I learned that Tesla will not ship a car if you secure one through existing inventory. One popped up in Ottawa so I secured it and spoke with my SA and they refused to ship across the country even though I was prepared to pay the cost. I was getting a little nervous seeing all the dates getting pushed back so I wanted to get something going ASAP. He saw my EDD of 9/13-9/30 on my current order and said that it is definitely conservative and the car will be there before those dates. He couldn’t confirm how he knew that but stated they are receiving late June and early July orders.

I talked to three SAs and they all wouldn’t do it for me. One even said that it was a weird question and didn’t know how to reply to it. I just gave up and ran the application again. Got the same rate and everything :/
It’s annoying because I work in the industry and all it takes is to change the VIN number in the system. If it’s a pre-approval then they just need to change the amount and then insert the VIN if it doesn’t have one yet. Pulling a new credit check and starting from square one is causing unnecessary damage to your credit with extra inquiries

It’s annoying because I work in the industry and all it takes is to change the VIN number in the system. If it’s a pre-approval then they just need to change the amount and then insert the VIN if it doesn’t have one yet. Pulling a new credit check and starting from square one is causing unnecessary damage to your credit with extra inquiries
Yeah it’s definitely doable. I just got tired of asking multiple people and all of them trying to avoid doing it.

Well I learned that Tesla will not ship a car if you secure one through existing inventory. One popped up in Ottawa so I secured it and spoke with my SA and they refused to ship across the country even though I was prepared to pay the cost. I was getting a little nervous seeing all the dates getting pushed back so I wanted to get something going ASAP. He saw my EDD of 9/13-9/30 on my current order and said that it is definitely conservative and the car will be there before those dates. He couldn’t confirm how he knew that but stated they are receiving late June and early July orders.
Hey it’s quite weird… I just reserve a m3 with 19 inch on the existing inventory and it’s also from Ottawa.

It seems they don’t recognize my address but they are willing to ship it to Calgary or Edmonton…

weird…

962A1BCD-A971-4360-8A75-58EF37F7AF2C.png

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Hey it’s quite weird… I just reserve a m3 with 19 inch on the existing inventory and it’s also from Ottawa.

It seems they don’t recognize my address but they are willing to ship it to Calgary or Edmonton…

weird…

View attachment 696437
Lol if it’s blue then it’s the same one. I had no problem reserving it and securing it even with my BC address but when the SA called he just flat out said they wouldn’t ship it. It would cause too much damage along the journey and it was no bueno.

Reactions: Jono89
My Last delivery status update

Day1: home delivery/accepted to get inside and found out AC not working
Day 2~5 at service center. Picked up on Day 5 and AC is working and scratched windows are replaced.

Honestly my disappointment getting new car having AC issue was pretty big.
But Eddie, service manager, Chris and service team at Buena Park were very kind, followed up closely for me and repaired. My disappointment is gone now!
Tesla should be very glad to have them in the team

Day after repair was done, I got film wrap on headlights and tints on all windows at Ninetailz Motorsports in Santa Fe Springs and they did beautiful job for me !
I'm very glad to have my new buddy ready to join my journey now

thanks everyone and best luck on getting your model 3 !

model 32.jpg

Last edited: