Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AZ folks here.. any recommendations on electricians to install the Tesla charger?
Yelp has a feature to request online quotes from licensed electricians.

I was able to shop around 4-5 electricians and find the one that I felt most comfortable with.

My area (SoCal) was as low as $400 to $500 for all labor+parts. May differ in your area, my electrician mentioned cost of materials have gone up recently.

//edit - forgot to mention I had the 14-50 charger installed right at the breaker. Only needed a 2-3 feet of cable run. Length of run will significantly impact cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: luckyguy
Yelp has a feature to request online quotes from licensed electricians.

I was able to shop around 4-5 electricians and find the one that I felt most comfortable with.

My area (SoCal) was as low as $400 to $500 for all labor+parts. May differ in your area, my electrician mentioned cost of materials have gone up recently.
I paid $850 in San Diego for installing the wall connector. It required around 6 feet of cabling and conduit away from the main panel. $300 of the $850 went towards permit processing fees but come to think of it I have not heard from anybody about scheduling a permit inspection as yet (it’s been a few weeks already). Dunno, maybe a permit isn’t really required ..

I paid $850 in San Diego for installing the wall connector. It required around 6 feet of cabling and conduit away from the main panel. $300 of the $850 went towards permit processing fees but come to think of it I have not heard from anybody about scheduling a permit inspection as yet (it’s been a few weeks already). Dunno, maybe a permit isn’t really required ..
Oops forgot to mention the length of run in my post. I edited after seeing you bring that up.

I haven't heard about the permit portion at all. Is it local to your county? If you take off that permit fee then we paid the exact same.

For those who didn't see this yet, it appears that additional EDD delays might be happening for us if this was/is true.

View attachment 697213
I would rather they use the spare time carefully inspecting the cars that they’ve already built before delivering them to customers! Also, isn’t it odd that Tesla leads in FSD technology but cannot predict our cars’ EDD even reasonably accurately? 😂

Oops forgot to mention the length of run in my post. I edited after seeing you bring that up.

I haven't heard about the permit portion at all. Is it local to your county? If you take off that permit fee then we paid the exact same.
These outlet installs usually almost always require a permit to make sure you don't overload the main panel or breaker. Most homeowners however do not go through the permit process as they should because they can save a few $$. Think of it like speeding .... it's only becomes a problem when you get caught or something happens....

Reactions: Baytomax
Wow, thanks for the interesting read! I took my '21 SR+ to San Diego this weekend and back (LA -> SD) and the supercharger speeds were a little disappointing. They were quick, don't get me wrong. But I was expecting a bit more peak power. I would only be above 100 kW for a few minutes before quickly dipping to 60-80 kW.
In case anyone is curious, here's the supercharging rates for the 2021 LR AWD version. It won't stay above 150 kW once the battery is 25% full, but it does still charge faster (about 1.5-2 times faster) than the SR+, which is to be expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baytomax
Spoke with an SA today who mentioned that they were prioritizing orders with complete profiles and for states like FL where you need a VIN, they suggested to add your existing information on the website. They know the wording says otherwise but suggested to do that to expedite the process. It doesn’t hurt but hoping that it helps your orders out!

Reactions: jm_CTX and Baytomax
Spoke with an SA today who mentioned that they were prioritizing orders with complete profiles and for states like FL where you need a VIN, they suggested to add your existing information on the website. They know the wording says otherwise but suggested to do that to expedite the process. It doesn’t hurt but hoping that it helps your orders out!
Just did this for my TX order from 6/16. We need the VIN on our policy as well. Hopefully it works. Thanks for the tip!

I found one in Existing inventory in Marina Del Rey and ordered it. Now I see this on my order page for the last 2 hours. Not sure if this means I didn't get it. Anyone get any idea or experience with this?

1629156279897.png

Been lurking here for a while. Ordered 7/20/21. SR+ Blue/Black, no options. EDD went from 8/6 - 9/4, to 9/15 - 9/30, then no date for a while. Now I'm sitting at 10/16 - 11/5 for several days. A little discouraged by the shift...

I've added my generic insurance info (NC requires VIN) to see if that does, in fact, make a difference with prioritization.

Not much luck with existing inventory in my general area.

Patience.