Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, there are very strong reasons either way. You have to decide what's best for you. Car being 212 lbs heavier is a real concern.
I don’t see how the concern is valid? I really don’t at all. Tesla is telling you up front the range is 253 (10mi less) and that you can charge the battery to 100% nightly so you’ll always start with full range, they also state the 0-60 at the same 5.3s, plus the car enjoys the very same warranty. Literally 212lbs is not affecting anything, I think some of you are just trying to justify waiting on an NCA. It’s not like this LFP car is something new, Tesla has been selling it in other parts of the world.

Question for people that had ordered a NCA SR+ and paid the $100 order fee but then went ahead and placed an order for the LFP SR+ and ended up paying a $250 order fee...

Being that this was a order fee and not deposit, doesn’t it a feel a little wrong that Tesla technically raised the price of our order by $150 to get the car earlier? Shouldn’t the order fee be the same as the original $100 if that’s what our original order fee was? (I checked the MVPA and it’s definitely a fee and not deposit)
$100 is a deposit, I switched to a M3DSR+battery pack.

Attachments

• 6017A240-7419-46FF-9BC1-858163A45038.jpeg
    6017A240-7419-46FF-9BC1-858163A45038.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 66
They say “1-2” weeks
I’ve spoken to the Buena Park office 2 times over the phone. The first time might have been to the same 1-2 weeks guy you communicated with, and then later, the other guy I spoke to seemed much more optimistic, though his projection leaned more to around Thursday (tomorrow). After looking at a bunch of videos and reading a bunch of posts, and tossing it all together in my head like a salad, I’m thinking Tesla itself doesn’t know when exactly the cars will be release-able, but Tesla does have a strong suspicion it will be Thursday. Tesla passes that information out to their field reps, and then the field reps interpret it according to their own individual personalities. The aggressive/optimistic field reps’s make earlier delivery appointments that have to be postponed a couple days at a time until they actually take place. The more cautious field reps don’t make appointments or they make delivery appointments that are far enough in the future so that the cars are almost guaranteed to be ready.

I’ll be really pleasantly surprised if there’s any major breakthrough on lfp car availability today, and I’ll be relieved if there is a breakthrough tomorrow, and then every day after that I’ll just get a little bit more frustrated if this ordeal extends onwards indefinitely…

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMc
Called Tesla yesterday and asked about my EDD (NY Metro area, Long Island specifically). My EDD is 9/3-9/5. I was told 9/4 or 9/5 was the most realistic. They also told me their MAY be some weather that could delay this
well, to be fair, there is a hurricane/tropical storm expected to impact our area over the next day or two 😅😩

Everyone’s EDD has stayed the same? i’m assuming mass deliveries this weekend.
Judging from the fact they are forcing me to get my car at home, I would say they probably wanna keep their lot open this weekend for the influx of cars. I’m nowhere close to Burbank and yet they were like yeah we will have to deliver it.

Judging from the fact they are forcing me to get my car at home, I would say they probably wanna keep their lot open this weekend for the influx of cars. I’m nowhere close to Burbank and yet they were like yeah we will have to deliver it.
I’m 15 mins away so i’m hoping they call me as soon as it gets to the lot 🤭 I’ll be the first one there fr

Reactions: asquared17