Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Burbank pickup folks -- did you receive a call/text when your car left the factory, or did you just phone Burbank yourself to find out? :)

I spoke to someone on Tuesday and she said that my car hadn't left Fremont yet; I'm trying to decide whether to call back.

Thanks!
I called today and mine was still in Fremont. My EDD started as 8/28-9/2 and is currently 9/2-9/7.
Person I spoke to said car is estimated to arrive on 7th. Software for the car will be installed in the next 24-72 hours. No delivery appointment has been scheduled yet.

Burbank pickup folks -- did you receive a call/text when your car left the factory, or did you just phone Burbank yourself to find out? :)

I spoke to someone on Tuesday and she said that my car hadn't left Fremont yet; I'm trying to decide whether to call back.

Thanks!
This is email I received from Tesla for my cancel order. I think you will receive both text and email once your car get loaded.
For my new order I didn't hear anything about it so far.

"Your Model 3 is on its way to your delivery center and ready to be scheduled for delivery.

Select your delivery appointment now at www.tesla.com/schedule/RN*********

Please reach out to your local sales team if you have any questions."

This is email I received from Tesla for my cancel order. I think you will receive both text and email once your car get loaded.
For my new order I didn't hear anything about it so far.

"Your Model 3 is on its way to your delivery center and ready to be scheduled for delivery.

Select your delivery appointment now at www.tesla.com/schedule/RN*********

Please reach out to your local sales team if you have any questions."
So they are asking you to schedule the delivery of the canceled car?

Thanks!
I called Burbank and that is how I found out, although they scheduled my appt before my car had left Fremont.

I would suggest calling. Otherwise, you will know when your car leaves Fremont when you receive the text to schedule your appt.

Reactions: sleon
I called Burbank and that is how I found out, although they scheduled my appt before my car had left Fremont.

I would suggest calling. Otherwise, you will know when your car leaves Fremont when you receive the text to schedule your appt.

My experience has been different as far as texts, but I assume its due to not wanting to schedule appts till after the software update. I got a text yesterday that the car is in transit and one today that it is at my DC awaiting inspection approval… which I take for the software update. But no delivery/pickup schedule request yet and no unlocking of docs needed to finalize.

Ugh just got this text from Tesla Princeton, NJ. I’m supposed to pick up at 1pm on Saturday. I hope they can update the cars quickly so I can keep my appointment.

“Hi Matt! We are still waiting for an update from our corporate offices that will allow us to deliver your car. We will reach out tomorrow if we will need to move your appointment to next week.”

My experience has been different as far as texts, but I assume its due to not wanting to schedule appts till after the software update. I got a text yesterday that the car is in transit and one today that it is at my DC awaiting inspection approval… which I take for the software update. But no delivery/pickup schedule request yet and no unlocking of docs needed to finalize.
Docs show up when you schedule, although they are not available to sign until 24hrs prior to your delivery. If your car is in transit I thought you should be able to schedule already? Maybe call the DC.

Docs show up when you schedule, although they are not available to sign until 24hrs prior to your delivery. If your car is in transit I thought you should be able to schedule already? Maybe call the DC.

Just talked to the DC and the car is there, but it‘s waiting in a pre-inspection state. Ill get a delivery notice and unlock docs when it passes Inspection. Tesla may have adjusted their process with the CATL cars. Gonna have to get used to that term I guess. The last few times I’ve called thats how they’re referring to them and it makes me laugh a bit… rolls off the tongue so well too.

Reactions: JoshsolisM3
Ugh just got this text from Tesla Princeton, NJ. I’m supposed to pick up at 1pm on Saturday. I hope they can update the cars quickly so I can keep my appointment.

“Hi Matt! We are still waiting for an update from our corporate offices that will allow us to deliver your car. We will reach out tomorrow if we will need to move your appointment to next week.”
Personally, I think this is what is behind the delay on delivery the LFP cars. I don't buy the firmware update story as the LFP M3's have been around for a while in China and Europe. I think it is waiting for government approval but it is easier and less worrisome to simply say it is a firmware update. Everyone sees firmware updates as generally positive events. Government approvals, safety or otherwise is more controversial. That said, there's no material difference. A delay is a delay. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I rather they get it right to save me from preventable revisits to the SC after delivery. Had I known there would be a shortage of cars I would have kept my S when I moved from TX back to CA.

Just talked to the DC and the car is there, but it‘s waiting in a pre-inspection state. Ill get a delivery notice and unlock docs when it passes Inspection. Tesla may have adjusted their process with the CATL cars. Gonna have to get used to that term I guess. The last few times I’ve called thats how they’re referring to them and it makes me laugh a bit… rolls off the tongue so well too.
hmm I never got a text but my EDD starts tomorrow... I wonder if my cars at Burbank but also don't want to annoy them lmfao

Reactions: Bullitt

nooooooooooo

Thanks for your updates.

Reactions: Bullitt
Update from my stuck on train LFP.
Ordered on 8/27 after receiving an email on 8/26 about that my original mid July order might be delayed.

Finally got the cs rep to tell me whatta hell was going on after hearing that is stuck on a train.

Turns out that the car they sold me was damaged in transport and right now it is in body shop in Dallas.

They created a ticket on 8/25 two days before they released the car in the inventory in Atlanta knowing that the car was damaged in transport. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

They said most likely it is a cosmetic damages otherwise they would assign a new car.

They said it would take additional 1-2 weeks before the car makes it to Atlanta.

<Face palm>