Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super happy for all of the LFP folks that will receive their cars soon!

just wanted to get a pulse check for all my NCA order peeps… is your EDD still the same since the LFP roll out or has it shifted? I was a mid Sept EDD until it moved to mid-Oct the day before the massive email.

I am really hoping that once the LFP orders get delivered to their happy owners the next few weeks our EDD moves closer ASAP!!!

Sending positive vibes bc i know we’ll all need it as we wait ❤️
NCA ordered 8/22....i got my first and only EDD update on the morning of 8/27, which was the day after the LFPs went up.

EDD is currently mid-october. wonder when it'll update next.

Reactions: KirtBall
Wait you ordered on the 26th and delivery estimate is 9/5? I ordered a SR+ white M3 on 8/21 and delivery estimate is December-January :C Please teach me your ways :O
During the course of 1-2 days Tesla made a batch of "inventory" cars available to a subset of M3 SR+ reservation holders. I presume those with the oldest reservations. For example, I had ordered by in late June. My EDD was between Sept and Oct. That shifted from July, then Aug, etc. The bottleneck for Tesla is the batteries. Hence they must have shipped a bunch of LFP batteries from China made by CATL to Fremont and offered the option to us. It was offered as a choice because the battery chemistry is different and the EPA rated range is 10 miles less. There are many advantages to the LFP chemistry which is why many of us took the offer. The (new) inventory cars were technically available to everyone but Tesla sent those of us with earlier reservations an email letting us now - which is fair. Those inventory cars sold out quickly.

I should add that M3 SR+ cars in China and Europe are already using LFP batteries which was good enough for me. I suspect that with the popularity of this choice, Tesla will likely order more from China if they haven't already.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
When I saw the news that LFP cars were showing in stock I used sales chat and asked how long for delivery on the LFP in stock cars and they said 3 weeks. So I ordered a SR+ LFP on 8/27. Delivery date and vin was assigned immediately. 9/1 to 9/7. Much earlier than 3 weeks so I called Sunday to ask how accurate that time was because I got a good offer from Carvana for my old car. They told me it was in transit and will arrive in Coral Gables on 9/4. I went ahead and let Carvana take my old one since my wife works from home and we can get by with one car. I called again yesterday to see if it was still arriving on time and to schedule delivery. They said they didn’t want to schedule delivery until it arrived and if I didn’t hear from them by Monday or Tuesday I should call back. Yea right. I’m calling Friday afternoon to make sure it arrived. Today delivery changed to 9/2 to 9/6. Anyone else in miami expecting delivery this weekend?
Quite a few LFP cars are already in Coral Gables, including mine, which needs to get back up here to WPB tomorrow, I hope.

Per Tesla:
Daniel
03:19 PM
Last known location: NA-US-FL-Coral Gables-4425 Ponce de Leon,

LFP is 262 miles and can be charged to 100%. Check Tesla‘s website. I imagine a software update will upgrade those from 253 to 262. there are also reports of many people taking delivery of LFP model 3’s with 262 on the window sticker.
hmmmm, I found there is 1 mile less (comparing to pervious 263 miles ) from order page. For me it makes sense. Tesla will apply LFP battery for entry level cars in future. Technically boost range would lead impact to longevity but it advantage of LFP.

Reactions: speedyrogue