Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I’m asking to see if there is consistency based on what the customer service person told me.

For reference, I placed my 1st order on July 18th and paid the standard order fee of $100. Fast forward to Sept 3rd i decided to order the LFP model since there was one available at my location and which means i needed to paid the $250 order fee.

Based on email most of us received about the LFP option it stated… “If you choose to order, your original order fee can be applied to the purchase price of your vehicle upon delivery.”

So does that mean b/c I placed this new order (and paid the $250) , i will only get $100 credited back?

somehow my interpretation (and I may be completely wrong) was that i would be grandfathered the $100 and the $250 would be credited.

Tesla has my head swirling with assumptions, inconsistent information and false hope until i get “The Call”

I did. Ordered 7/10.
June 28 NCA order, home delivery in San Diego scheduled on Friday (even though I live close to the Carlsbad delivery center), got the email from Tesla as well as VIN last night. LFP would've been fine too in sunny San Diego weather and for the short daily commute this car will be used for, but the SA had guesstimated that it may not arrive any earlier than the NCA, so I stuck with the original order. I had not received any email from Tesla either suggesting that ordering an LFP version would accelerate delivery. Thanks for all the discussions on this forum - I will be sure to use that build quality check list that someone had posted here and that I printed out...similar check lists can be found by Googling too, but I think that check list will help me spot any issues that I may have otherwise missed.

so I’m asking to see if there is consistency based on what the customer service person told me.

For reference, I placed my 1st order on July 18th and paid the standard order fee of $100. Fast forward to Sept 3rd i decided to order the LFP model since there was one available at my location and which means i needed to paid the $250 order fee.

Based on email most of us received about the LFP option it stated… “If you choose to order, your original order fee can be applied to the purchase price of your vehicle upon delivery.”

So does that mean b/c I placed this new order (and paid the $250) , i will only get $100 credited back?

somehow my interpretation (and I may be completely wrong) was that i would be grandfathered the $100 and the $250 would be credited.

Tesla has my head swirling with assumptions, inconsistent information and false hope until i get “The Call”
On my order, both were applied.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.30.38.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.30.38.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: asquared17
No, I should have posted a longer screen capture. I uploaded a replacement. See above ^
The Order Fee is over and above the price for the car. Tesla increased the order fee from $100 to $250. Because they required existing order holders to make a new order to reserve an LFP vehicle, they effectively increased the Order Fee for those customers by $150. If they had simply allowed existing order holders to call and change to an LFP vehicle, without making a new order, there would have been no increase.

Reactions: KirtBall
Okay this helps! I guess in the end it’s net -net since the order fee is kind of included as a mini part of your down payment as it’s applied to your loan.
We just lose it if we cancel the order. Thanks!!!
I do not think this is correct. The Order Fee is not like a deposit. If you look at the tabulation of the full price for the car, the Order Fee is added to the other items. But since you already paid it, it is later credited. But you still paid it, over and above the price for the car and other Tesla charges.

I do not think this is correct. The Order Fee is not like a deposit. If you look at the tabulation of the full price for the car, the Order Fee is added to the other items. But since you already paid it, it is later credited. But you still paid it, over and above the price for the car and other Tesla charges.
To put this another way, when the order fee went up from $100 to $250, the cost of the car went up by $150.