Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
03FC5F44-642C-45AA-ACD1-5C9EAC4BE68F.jpeg

Got my LFP today from Springfield NJ. Pickup went well. No problems with car. Glad I made the switch as I needed one sooner rather than later. Now onto selling the 370Z (not toddler compatible) that it replaced ;)

Alright! I am finally sitting down to post a quick take on my delivery experience.

As some may know I had an order for a NCA battery back in July, but ordered the LFP battery when they became available on 8/26. I instantly got a VIN and was able to schedule delivery the next day via a text link. I had delivery scheduled for Saturday 09/04 at 1pm at the Princeton, NJ location. I called the morning of just to make sure everything was all set for me to pick up the car and they said yes!

So I got there a little early and the Lady at the front desk was super kind and helpful! All I had to do is hand her my bank check since I was paying cash and my SA came over and asked me to sign a couple documents. Seconds later, the car was pulled out of the garage and I was told that it was just detailed. IT WAS SPARKELING! I did a quick once over for the exterior and checked out the interior before my SA started getting my phone key set up with me. Thankfully, my Wife was there with me to keep looking over the car while I was preoccupied. No issues with the car inside or out!

I've been driving it all weekend and couldn't be happier. A quick note though, The LFP battery does only have a range of 253 miles. I did not receive a window sticker or anything so I'm just basing this off of what the car says.

Thank you all for the mental stability checks over the past couple of months! I will be sticking around to keep in touch here with some new friends I've made. Especially my NJ peeps!
Check the glovebox, it might be in there? That's where mine was.

Reactions: jtime100
Pretty disappointing if that’s the case. Car has been at the DC since 8/26 and they just found an issue today.
It is really annoying. They do this pre-delivery inspection but each DCs seem to follow a different standard. My DC refused to deliver my car this past Sunday for some scratches while I have seen cars delivered with the front passenger seat stuck in the forward position. So what the hecc 🥲 😂.

Anyone else having this issue??
It's not really an issue. When you order a car, Tesla doesn't custom build you one. They build them in batches based on expected demand. So when you changed your spec, the system is just giving an estimate of when they think they'll have a car available in that spec. If they find one sooner they'll match you to it, if they end up not having one, they'll give you a different date.

Your date will change many times, but once you get a VIN you're in the home stretch

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
Ok, here’s my update. Initial order jul 13 M3 SR+ white/black NCA. DD by end of October mid November. A friend ordered one SR+ white/white NCA on early Apr and by mid Aug finally got the VIN. He decided not to move forward with the car and offer me his VIN. I called Tesla and after a long confirmation process between both of us, His VIN was finally transferred to me with DD between Sep 03- Sep 09. A week after, (end of Aug) I got the email to confirm the Appointment. Appointment was confirmed for today. All docs/fees were already signed and paid. Yesterday got a call confirming the appoiment for today, however, I’ve never recieved any Tesla Vision agreement email, and im now wondering if Im missing something here..

Reactions: asquared17
So called the Tesla customer service number and asked if they have an EDD for my LFP order (placed 9/3). He wasn’t able to find that info. He did tell me that it’s now “In Transit”.

If that’s really the case, does anyone know the estimated transit time it took their car to arrive at their location from Cali to the East Coast (I’m in North Carolina).

random google search on my end with car transport question …some say 5-7 days other sources say 7-29 days. 🤦🏻‍♀️

So called the Tesla customer service number and asked if they have an EDD for my LFP order (placed 9/3). He wasn’t able to find that info. He did tell me that it’s now “In Transit”.

If that’s really the case, does anyone know the estimated transit time it took their car to arrive at their location from Cali to the East Coast (I’m in North Carolina).

random google search on my end with car transport question …some say 5-7 days other sources say 7-29 days. 🤦🏻‍♀️
i think a more accurate estimate is probably 10-15 business days. tesla WANTS to dump this car before end of quarter. my EDD is a 10 day spread from 9.19-9.29 and i’m east coast too.

Reactions: KirtBall
i think a more accurate estimate is probably 10-15 business days. tesla WANTS to dump this car before end of quarter. my EDD is a 10 day spread from 9.19-9.29 and i’m east coast too.
Thanks! This helps. I’ll go by your Estimates since i have nothing to go by at this point and i think we ordered around the same time (+/- a day).

The guy did tell me i should see an EDD update by the end of this week. So…we’ll see if he is right or just trying to get me to hang up.

Reactions: asquared17

My car is in transit too, any information would be great to know

Reactions: KirtBall
Thanks! This helps. I’ll go by your Estimates since i have nothing to go by at this point and i think we ordered around the same time (+/- a day).

The guy did tell me i should see an EDD update by the end of this week. So…we’ll see if he is right or just trying to get me to hang up.
Honestly every person at Tesla I talk to tells me a different story. I went into a local Tesla and asked about when they think my order will arrive and they said they have no idea. This is after one person telling me it would arrive this week and another person telling me it would arrive by the 3rd week….

Reactions: Floger