Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way... I reverse my previous rating for the keyfob. It is more useful than I thought. I would recommend getting it if you have a few extra bucks to spare ;) .
Oh yeah? How so? I was thinking about getting it at first since I felt the tesla was draining my phone a bit more, but after a few weeks it seems okay to use the phone since I take out my phone to start the climate before I get there.

Oh yeah? How so? I was thinking about getting it at first since I felt the tesla was draining my phone a bit more, but after a few weeks it seems okay to use the phone since I take out my phone to start the climate before I get there.
I live in an apt so I need to carry a keychain anyway. But it’s just a lot more convenient in opening the frunk and the trunk. Double tap is opening and for the trunk another double tap will close it. You still get passive entry with the fob. Overall I’d say it does make my life easier.

Mine shows 262 and I’m pretty sure it is an LFP. When I reserved it as an inventory vehicle the listing showed range of 253. It does not have Daily and Trip on the Charging screen. It weighs 212 lbs more than the NCA vehicles. And my sales person confirmed it is an LFP car. But my window sticker shows 262 miles of range.
Thank you. I guess I will find out tomorrow upon pickup. I will ask them about it.

I live in an apt so I need to carry a keychain anyway. But it’s just a lot more convenient in opening the frunk and the trunk. Double tap is opening and for the trunk another double tap will close it. You still get passive entry with the fob. Overall I’d say it does make my life easier.

For the last few years I haven’t had a cell phone because I was using my cellular-equipped iPad in conjunction with google as a kind of cellphone. But lately it has looked like Google is letting that offering fall by the wayside, so I almost pulled the trigger on a fob myself. But with the tax and the plastic cover, the fob costs about $200. Amazon was selling refurbished IPhone SE’s for $300. So I was thinking that for $100 more I could get a working cell phone thrown into the deal. Got a $10/month phone plan for the iPhone SE, and so far it has been opening up and locking up the SR+ automatically for me without any issues…

One thing I didn’t realize till just a couple days ago on the lifted trunk there is a little lighted button you can push to close it.

The paint color is one thing most can do without adding cost and I now think the white is the nicest color when I saw it up close which is why I changed my order on my LR M3 from MSM to white but the only option that is a must have to me is the white seats. Well worth the $1000.
i’m actually really excited about the white ☺️ but i also wear jeans too much to worry about potential dye transfer on to those white seats haha

better for me to stick with the dark although i do agree it’s such a sharp looking combo 😍

I saw some people just go ahead and put down another $250 for the LFP when it pops, then contact their SA to have the original $250 switch over to the LFP order. I've seen at least 1-2 LFP pops up in OC daily for the past few days, gotta smash that buy now button when you see it though. Of course the one that pops might not have the exact config that you want, but that's the price of be able to get the car in 1 week or so. Ordered mine on Tuesday and picking it up this Monday in Buena Park.

Has anyone been able to successfully request the LFP pack with an existing custom order?

I saw some people just go ahead and put down another $250 for the LFP when it pops, then contact their SA to have the original $250 switch over to the LFP order. I've seen at least 1-2 LFP pops up in OC daily for the past few days, gotta smash that buy now button when you see it though. Of course the one that pops might not have the exact config that you want, but that's the price of be able to get the car in 1 week or so. Ordered mine on Tuesday and picking it up this Monday in Buena Park.
I reached out to my rep and asked him to notate on my order that I'm requesting an LFP battery pack. He made it seem like they might start making them more readily available during custom orders. Working on selling my current vehicle private party to use as a downpayment toward the Model 3. So, I wouldn't be able to actually purchase until next month or early November. According to the person I spoke with at Tesla, it seems they have a small stockpile of the LFP battery packs from Europe ready to be mated with the Fremont cars. We'll see what happens... 🙏

Reactions: asquared17
Ordered on 9/3 with an estimated delivery time of 9/14-9/30. Had a couple date changes that narrowed the range first one was 9/18-9/30 and now I am sitting at 9/20-9/30. Getting pretty excited because that's what my friends order did right before getting a vin. I might have hit a magical window it seems if I do indeed get my car before the end of the month? I am in the Seattle area not sure that matters much?

Has anyone in the past week or so taken delivery of an NCA SR+ in the US? Seems like only the LFP are being delivered right now.
Good question. I contacted my rep asking specifically for the LFP battery with my custom order. He made it seem like they have a small stockpile of the LFP battery packs from Europe ready to be mated with the Fremont cars. We'll see what happens... 🙏

Just got a text to schedule delivery on the LFP order too. I called the delivery center and cancelled the LFP order and requested to adjust the amount on the NCA order. Advisor said it will be either adjusted on my NCA order or a refund check would be sent in mail.

Reactions: haloHalo45
SF Bay Area Folks, I have an update

I texted my SA or Delivery Center text messaging system which directly connects to SA's laptop or system and informed them about an update to EDD of Sept 18 through Sept 23 and whether the SA knew the exact date of delivery.

Whether this is coincidental or consequently I am not sure, but within 5 minutes I was emailed that my vehicle will be dropped off at my home this Saturday 18th between 9:00 am through 6:00 pm.

I also received a text to that effect and it requested instructions on where to leave the vehicle viz either on street or driveway.

I am trying to communicate with my SA both via text system and email to check how they plan to settle my 100$ order fee for NCA battery pack order and how and when will that order be cancelled. No response from them as of yet...
i got the same msg on delivery day and texted them 'driveway' and obv they dropped it off on the street (so close to the trash can that the trash truck would have hit the tesla when picking up the trash can)