Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what, that’s a good question. I made the final payment and set up insurance to be effective yesterday, kinda in hopes that they ask me to pick up early, but the address on my account, where it says the scheduled delivery time, doesn’t say anything about picking up at Sahara. It says my address. I wouldn’t mind if they drop it off at my house, won’t change the amount of questions i want answered. Lol. I heard they kinda rush you through the pick up process.
Same happened to me. I had selected to pick-up in Burbank when I originally ordered, but when scheduling my appointment it says that it'd be delivered to me. I kind of want to be able to pick it up so I can tell them directly if there are any issues with the car.

Reactions: SPCCAR0922
Me too. I ordered 9/08, and last week, my EDD range switched from 10/4-10/24 to 11/15-12/17. I'm ready to just pull the plug and wait for the Kia EV6 or Hyundai Ioniq5 to be available. The only reason I was going for the Tesla was because it was supposed to be available now.
Be patient, I think it will happen sooner than that. I'm seeing many cars being delivered and on the tesla lots here. Usually the lots are empty after the end of the quarter, so I think they are still making NA cars at Freemont and china is making them for the rest of the world. I got a call out of the blue last week and picked up mine, a very well made car and i haven't found a flaw yet. What's really good is the autopilot, its so relaxing to drive on the freeway now.

Reactions: alset3000
Same happened to me. I had selected to pick-up in Burbank when I originally ordered, but when scheduling my appointment it says that it'd be delivered to me. I kind of want to be able to pick it up so I can tell them directly if there are any issues with the car.
Same i really wanna ask them about sentry mode and setting up a pin, about the app and a couple of other things, also *knock on wood* if i see a defect. Glad to see you’re finally getting your car!! That wait was rough lol

Same i really wanna ask them about sentry mode and setting up a pin, about the app and a couple of other things, also *knock on wood* if i see a defect. Glad to see you’re finally getting your car!! That wait was rough lol
Yeah, was one really long wait lol… glad we finally will be getting our cars though. Going to try giving them a call to see if I can go and pick it up instead. Don’t see why it would be a problem

Reactions: SPCCAR0922
Well, over the weekend I got an EDD change again for later down the road. My most recent EDD update was December 16th - December 31st. That lasted about 24 hours, then I got a bounce back to January 27 - February 24 about 24 hours after the December change. Super unfortunate!!! I was hoping to see my car by Christmas.

Ordered 9/14:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.

Got SR+ Blue with Black interior

I sold my previous car because they told me I was going to take delivery in October. If they would have just said from the beginning that my car will be available in February, and stuck with that, then I would have been able to plan for that. But instead, they kept moving it up. I assumed that when they said that my car would be available in October, that it meant that it would actually be available in October.

I'm not going to continue to allow Tesla to string me along. I'm moving on. I've cancelled my Model 3 order. I'm off to lease a base-model Corolla until a viable EV is available.

Well, over the weekend I got an EDD change again for later down the road. My most recent EDD update was December 16th - December 31st. That lasted about 24 hours, then I got a bounce back to January 27 - February 24 about 24 hours after the December change. Super unfortunate!!! I was hoping to see my car by Christmas.

Ordered 9/14:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.

Got SR+ Blue with Black interior
Oh man. I am noticing a trend with us east coast folks... hopefully we can get ours before the end of 2021.

Edd Update, origially it was
9/8 ordered edd Jan
then moved to November to december
then moved to Oct 24th to Nov 15th
then moved to Dec 1st to the 25th
back to November 21st to the Dec 11th
back to Nov 21st to Dec 19th

Just checked this morning now Oct 27th to Nov 8th

M3 Red with white Interior no FSD aero wheels

Last edited:
Update:

SR+ Order with no options
Sacramento, CA

Ordered on 8/10
Original estimated delivery was November
Changed to Oct 8-28
Changed to Oct 2-10
Changed to Oct 5-12
Changed to Oct 15-Nov 12
Changed to Oct 13-Oct 27
Changed to Oct 16-Oct 28
Changed to Oct 21-Nov 4
Changed to Oct 24-Nov5
Today, Changed to Oct 27-Nov 10

I haven't received a Tesla Vison email and I don't see the VIN in my account (not in the source code either)

Mine is still 12/16-12/31. However, I want a January delivery so a little slip is fine with me.
I'd be ok with January. Still waiting to see how this bill for EV tax credit plays out. I'd prefer a delivery before February though.

One thing that did change with this EDD update, is that my EDD is now showing in the Tesla app when the EDD was updated most recently. That's a welcome change, since I hated opening the app just to have it redirect me to my profiles website.

Reactions: Paul4343