Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/3/2021
M3 SR+ White exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/No FSD (price was $39,990 at the time)
Location: Silicon Valley about 30 minutes from the Fremont, CA factory
Website estimate when I ordered: EDD June 2022
After placing order and completing profile online: EDD April 2022
October 9 update: EDD Dec 18 - Dec 31
Mid October update: EDD Dec 23 - Dec 31
Nov 18 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 31
Dec 5 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 19
Dec 8 update: EDD Dec 10 - Dec 19

Still no VIN assigned, but my EDD range was updated to not include dates in the past.
My EDD is dec 9 - dec 31 and still no VIN. About to enter edd window for a second time

@SomeDude @CrocoSan - did you finally get your VIN assigned? My EDD is between 12/21/21-12/31/21...but, no VIN yet.

Reactions: treebank
Alright….a twist: just this morning, EDD changed from 12/21/21-12/31/21 to 2/7/22-3/7/22. NYC resident.
See my post history. On Dec 11, my EDD changed to Jan 21 - Feb 18. Then on Dec 12 I got texted saying my VIN had been assigned. I called Tesla and got tentatively scheduled to take delivery Dec 17 at the factory. I don't think the car has been built yet.

Same boat here. As of today I am in the EDD window of Dec14-26, but no VIN.
Got a call today from a number in Fremont, was Tesla asking if I had a car to trade in etc and that he couldn't give me a firm date, but within the next week I should know when I get my car. Said my service advisor would reach out with more info... Same service advisor that doesn't return my texts...LOL
Been a long wait so far since mid August, but seems to be imminent now...

Got a call today from a number in Fremont, was Tesla asking if I had a car to trade in etc and that he couldn't give me a firm date, but within the next week I should know when I get my car. Said my service advisor would reach out with more info... Same service advisor that doesn't return my texts...LOL
Been a long wait so far since mid August, but seems to be imminent now...
Interesting. On 12/1 I got a text asking if I had a car I wanted to trade in. Did you also get that text? Looks like we both live in the same city and have the same EDD. Hopefully we hear back soon, although it looks like you've been waiting a lot longer!

It’s not accurate in any way! I place my order on 10/2 at that time with 18’s it said June 2022. When I put the deposit down I was hoping for April/may delivery but March would have been ok as well. Last month I got all the paperwork that my vehicle was ready for delivery on 11/26 (Black Friday) I was NOT ready for that. So I put it on hold until 2/1 and will take it whenever it comes after that.
You ordered on 10/2 and it was ready 11/26??? You're kidding me my OD was 09/12 and I got my EDD moved from Dec 19-31 till March 1- April 1. Everyone is worried about recieving their car too early lol. I'm the opposite, I just want my car asap.

Well i am in Toronto as well. OD 28 Sept, Blue on White, 18 Aero, no fsd. Sitting on Feb 5 to March 5 for over a month now.
Well i am in Toronto as well. OD 28 Sept, Blue on White, 18 Aero, no fsd. Sitting on Feb 5 to March 5 for over a month now.
I am renting a car on Turo since we need a second car. Hope to get it delivered soon.

I placed my order 9/29
For the longest time my date was between MAY and June
It then went to feb-march
This morning it was Feb 4 through March 4
Tonight got an email with a VIN saying the car will be ready within a week
How do I postpone this car? I'm not taking delivery of a car and miss out on a possible tax credit.

Order Date - 08/13/2021

White/White/Aero/No FSD
Home location - Vernon, CT
Delivery Location - Mt. Kisco, NY

EDD 08/13: Nov 28 - Dec 28
EDD 10/21: Feb 14 - March 14
EDD 11/01: Feb 14 - March 14
EDD 11/13: Jan 5 - Feb 2
EDD 11/20: Dec 17 - Dec 31
EDD 11/23: Dec 14 - Dec 28

Got my VIN today (12/06). Actual Delivery is showing between Dec 20th and Dec 24th.

Accepted the vision and reduced acceleration agreements right away. Seeing a few posts here changed the payment type to cash in Nov first week and EDD started to move closer. May be it was supposed to I've only seen it move closer after I updated the payment method to cash. I called the customer care and had the payment method updated to Finance, got the offer from US Bank within 20 mins with the advertised terms (2.49% APR, Zero down). Insurance quote is at $220 a month from Progressive. Insurance was at 145 a month for my Alfa Romeo Giulia from Geico but they are quoting me $326 a month 😇🤣 Should speak with local state farm guy and see if he can do any better than Progressive 😭

Apart from the insurance companies trying to screw me, I am very happy today!!
Delivery scheduled for Dec 19th!

I placed my order 9/29
For the longest time my date was between MAY and June
It then went to feb-march
This morning it was Feb 4 through March 4
Tonight got an email with a VIN saying the car will be ready within a week
How do I postpone this car? I'm not taking delivery of a car and miss out on a possible tax credit.
In my experience with my SR+ reservation you postpone it by:
1) Reply to the text message asking you to set up your delivery date, and say that you can't take delivery now.
2) They will reply and threaten that your order will be canceled.
3) You reply and say you want to postpone anyway, and you understand the risk.
4) They ask what month you want to postpone to.
5) You answer ( I said March). A few minutes later the reservation is postponed to March in my Tesla account.

@SomeDude @CrocoSan - did you finally get your VIN assigned? My EDD is between 12/21/21-12/31/21...but, no VIN yet.
See my post history. On Dec 11, my EDD changed to Jan 21 - Feb 18. Then on Dec 12 I got texted saying my VIN had been assigned. I called Tesla and got tentatively scheduled to take delivery Dec 17 at the factory. I don't think the car has been built yet.
Similarly, my EDD was changed to Jan 20 - Feb 17 on Dec 10, a second time after entering the EDD window.

On a side note, I find the search functionality implemented on this forum is quite good. It lets you do advanced searches with filters for user, substring, date etc. I usually use it to keep a track of users with similar ODs as me :)

Placed my order for a M3 SR+ with black interior, white interior, and aero wheels on Sunday Dec 12.

Original EDD was June 2022. One day after ordering the EDD changed to Jan 7-Feb 4 2022 and is still the same.

I’m prepared for those dates to shift back but we’ll see.