Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in FL. OD: 8/26/21, Held out on taking earlier than expected delivery in mid Dec, then got pushed back to Apr-May. Just got pushed back another month.

I noticed FSD was still $10k for me, so I pulled the trigger. I'm a huge fan of the tech but I justified the cost by looking at it as a investment that could pay off down the road. In the meantime I get to enjoy and experience the progress first hand.

Feeling super frustrated now
White ext./ Black int./Aero wheels
Orange County, CA
OD: 8/31/21
EDD January 2022
November 2021: hold placed
12/8/21: hold removed
12/8/21-2/1/21 EDD: March 4th- April 1st
This morning it EDD changed to April 27th - March 31st

I don’t understand why it’s taking so long; I ordered months earlier/took my car off hold earlier than some people who have already received their cars. Does anyone know why this could be?

Alright. Now I’m frustrated. OD: 8/16 SR+ Black/Aero

EDD was 2/25-3/25 for the past month and a half it hasn’t moved.. this afternoon 4/25-5/27 new EDD. I was contacted by Mount Kisco, NY, where I’ll be making pick up, about two weeks ago. They informed me my car would most likely be ready mid February.

Now I have to wait until almost May? I’m going to be well over 200 days from order at that point.

My excitement for this car is all but gone at this point.

EDD was 2/25-3/25 for the past month and a half it hasn’t moved.. this afternoon 4/25-5/27 new EDD. I was contacted by Mount Kisco, NY, where I’ll be making pick up, about two weeks ago. They informed me my car would most likely be ready mid February.

Now I have to wait until almost May? I’m going to be well over 200 days from order at that point.

I’m having the exact same experience! Similar OD and similar EDDs. I was told a VIN would be assigned in mid February. With the new timeline, I will have been waiting for we’ll over 270 days. Ridiculous.

I'm right there with you. OD 9/16 EDD 5-10 to 6/7

I did see on Reddit someone near Philly with a similar May EDD that bounced back to Feb with a VIN. So maybe there's hope.

Feeling super frustrated now
White ext./ Black int./Aero wheels
Orange County, CA
OD: 8/31/21
EDD January 2022
November 2021: hold placed
12/8/21: hold removed
12/8/21-2/1/21 EDD: March 4th- April 1st
This morning it EDD changed to April 27th - March 31st

I don’t understand why it’s taking so long; I ordered months earlier/took my car off hold earlier than some people who have already received their cars. Does anyone know why this could be?
I read that Tesla makes cars in batches and sends them out to service centers where they are then matched with orders. They don't build them just for you. Currently there are a lot of MSM being delivered. You probably missed a batch when you put your order on hold. Also, why did you put your order on hold? I've seen a lot of people doing it but I don't get the point if the delivery date is months away

Oh I forgot to mention I got an EDD of 12/15-12/31 right before I put it on hold so I put it on hold hoping for the EV tax credit
I read that Tesla makes cars in batches and sends them out to service centers where they are then matched with orders. They don't build them just for you. Currently there are a lot of MSM being delivered. You probably missed a batch when you put your order on hold. Also, why did you put your order on hold? I've seen a lot of people doing it but I don't get the point if the delivery date is months away

I believe a lot of people on the east coast had EDD pushed back today. Maybe that means they are about to ship a bunch out and we will get VINs...Maybe it means we have to wait longer...
Not even on the east coast. I'm in Seattle the west coast lol. OD: 09/12 White exterior w/ white interior, FSD, 18'' wheels. EDD has gone from: Dec15-31 (talked w/SA said should come last week of Dec which it never did) -> Jan1-Feb1 -> Feb1-March 1 for the past 3 months (talked w/SA who said it should come Feb)-> checked this morning and it is April 12-May 10
Never put a hold so it is super frusterating to see others who had holds get theirs now and to see Oct, Nov, and even Dec. orders get their car. Feels like Tesla is prioritzing orders that paid more. My SA already said twice I would get my car and never did. I hate when they bluff, its really unhelpful when the say the car is coming since I am financing since I have to get the car within a certain time frame to lock in my rate.

OD: 9/23 M3 SR+ Red/Blk, 19"Sport, No FSD.

EDD was holding steady 02-13 to 03-13
then made a weird 2 week narrow but farther out of 03-13 to 03-31
that stayed for about a week then a couple days ago
bumped way out to 05/23 to 06/26
so feeling the frustration along with you all
i've all but given up hope on this....the SA saying..."ah dont worry its all good"
it would be nice if our east coast bunch was getting a shipment prepped our way.... but who knows
Quebec here BTW ...hope you all get movement and VINs soon
the wait and lack of transparency regarding these delays is sickening
but we want the cars that bad so its on us sadly
cheers all!