Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 165xxx white on black 18” aero rwd… holy crap.. I was not prepared for how fast this thing accelerates.. especially when you are already in motion. For the basiest of base models, this thing is bloody amazing.

No build quality issues. Delivery was smooth.
As someone who's worried about the reduced acceleration... This makes me excited lol

There is no way to fouce update ourselves. Try to park your tesla with Wifi connection, under setting software update choose "advanced". Tesla try not to update all the Tesla at once so they would push the update automatically. Once it's your turn to update, when you open your phone app, you will see the update button.
Can you see the strip that heats the wipers along the windshield? My VIN is 165 and I can’t update yet but when I compare with my other car, it looks like it didn’t come with the heated wipers

A Mazda 3 turbo but I think what spoiled it for me was that they made me test drive the model 3 performance and I never actually drove this car before buying it
Ah that's a bummer, expectations were high after testing out the performance model. From looking at specs there's a pretty significant difference between the two. Performances 0-100km 3.3 sec and rwd 0-100km 6.1 sec. Even the Mazda 3 turbo seems to be a faster at 5.8 sec. I can understand 100% how that would feel underwhelming. Coming from a grand caravan and a pickup I'm sure it's going to feel pretty fast to me haha.

Reactions: username123
As someone who's worried about the reduced acceleration... This makes me excited lol
We’re you worried about the reduced 5.3-5.8 they changed from when you ordered it? If so you can’t even tell that .5 seconds we’ve lost.

That being said it’s for sure not a perf tesla. I drove my perf model S to the delivery yesteday and while it’s not FAST on the take off it’s faster later down the line. If I match 40mph with my p85D and floor it this car out accelerates it. (I kept the S as well) it’s an amazing car!

Reactions: amit_gunner
Give it a week and you won’t even remember that slight difference. It’s sad that they had you test a perf 3 and then you got a rwd. You felt that suck back feeling of the perf and sort of expected that and it’s not there. BUT it’s still faster than the most ordinary gas car. AND if it makes you feel better. Pace a m3P at 35mph and race. It’s the same. Good luck!

Took delivery last night.
Had Ryzen…lith 12v and the heated wipers. (Was told that it will be delivered to all cars produced after 1/21 via software update) and no dual paned rears. (Was told this won’t come until mid 2022…I don’t much care)

Delivery was flawless. No gaps car was pristine and I went over it with a fine tooth comb. Deliveries at least in my state are no longer touchless it took me back to 2013 when they rolled out the red carpet for new deliveries. Brought inside and made me feel like a first time tesla buyer instead of 3rd time.My impression here was that it will be super nice if they start doing this for noobs that haven’t ever driven a tesla. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been sitting at a super and a new person that just picked up the car comes over to chat and ask questions. Good on you tesla.

Good luck to everyone waiting. It will come!

Financing Question:

So, my delivery is set for Feb 23rd 10 am in Toronto. Confirmed AMD Ryzen, could not confirm anything else such as heated wipers or 12 V battery. Bit i would say it should be since my VIN is 178xxx.

Applied loan got approved instantly from BMO. Canadian bank.

I noticed my positive trade in does not reflect on amount to be financed portion. Thus showing monthly paymemt lot higher. Is that normal? I guess trade in amount gets added on the delivery day and then only monthly payment will reflect that?

Little confused. Anyone seen similar thing on the account after applyng loan?