Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I spoke with Tesla yesterday and they told me that it would change all the time up to the delivery date. The car you ordered is not yours before it's registered to you.
I was told that they produce so many cars so they cant designate one for each idividual.

I don't know if this made it clearer LOL
With my Y it was all over the place went from June to VIN in March a week later. Just finally need another car in May. Thinking about looking for an inventory car to hold me over.

Only thing available is a used Y performance for $76k… pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: TooTall
With my Y it was all over the place went from June to VIN in March a week later. Just finally need another car in May. Thinking about looking for an inventory car to hold me over.

Only thing available is a used Y performance for $76k… pass.
I don't understand why they can't leave the EDD alone till they are closer to the real date? They manage to send a rocket to outer space but tracking production is difficult.
But I am picking up my blue M3 tomorrow :)Finally

I don't understand why they can't leave the EDD alone till they are closer to the real date? They manage to send a rocket to outer space but tracking production is difficult.
But I am picking up my blue M3 tomorrow :)Finally
Specifically with this car the batteries are all coming in from China, and the have a guess when the boats might arrive.
I feel that we all got pushed back to Q2 because they did not anticipate a shipment of batteries before the end of Q1.

But they did and that sent a lot of people back up early.

I am sure some of the Hertz deal is impacting our orders as well.

Once more factories go online this should become less of a problem.

I've just had my UK SR+/RWD (Blue, Aero Wheels) moved up from August, to May-June, to 10th - 17th March (!)

I'm a little surprised by this. I am now presented with this in my Tesla account:

I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to pay ASAP to secure a delivery date (given its now so soon), or if I should wait; I don't want to pay the quite hefty deposit over and then they move the date back out to August! Anyone got recent experience of the process after this point and what I should do?

My order date is Oct 9 and my edd is April 27 to may 20. Extremely frustrated seeing people with later order dates getting vin and delivery dates.
I think this is happening with people who ordered before the price increase. May be they are hoping we would get frustrated and cancel the order so that they csn sell it for better price.
My OD: 9/27
Was on hold till 12/27
Now my Delivery date shows Apr26 - May 25
Super frustrated too

I've just had my UK SR+/RWD (Blue, Aero Wheels) moved up from August, to May-June, to 10th - 17th March (!)

I'm a little surprised by this. I am now presented with this in my Tesla account:

I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to pay ASAP to secure a delivery date (given its now so soon), or if I should wait; I don't want to pay the quite hefty deposit over and then they move the date back out to August! Anyone got recent experience of the process after this point and what I should do?
no, your payment isn't holding it up...you can wait to submit payment up until your actual delivery. the next steps are receiving your VIN (if you haven't already) and your SA should be reaching out to you to schedule delivery and answer any questions. you can also reach out to your SA for an update.

Reactions: Rezan8
I think this is happening with people who ordered before the price increase. May be they are hoping we would get frustrated and cancel the order so that they csn sell it for better price.
My OD: 9/27
Was on hold till 12/27
Now my Delivery date shows Apr26 - May 25
Super frustrated too
I completely agree with this hypothesis. They have no incentive to fulfill orders at 40k price point.