Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I am a newbie here. I made a reservation for a Model 3 SR White/Black Interior/Aero on 27 Sep 2021 in Miami. As I made my reservation directly online (without visiting a physical Tesla dealership); I was never assigned a SA. No one reached out to me ever from Tesla after the reservation.

Upon placing the order; I promptly completed all the tasks in the app on the same day.

Initially my EDD was Feb 2022 which worked perfectly with the lease end of my current vehicle. In November 2021, EDD changed to Dec 2021.

I had travel plans during Dec 2021 and it was not feasible for me to accept delivery in Dec. I went to a Tesla dealership and was told that I could put a HOLD on my order till Jan 02, 2022 (date of my return) and this won't have any delay on the delivery of my car. Infact, he mentioned that there was a big possibility that I may get the EDD within 7 days of expiration of the hold (as I would be practically in the top most priority after expiration of hold).

To my dismay, none of the above happened and infact, everything went in the opposite direction.

The EDD first jumped to Mar 2022 and the latest update a week ago is May-Jun.

It seems that the salesperson at the Tesla dealership didn't have correct information about the 'after effects' of a HOLD.

More than the delay being frustrating, I am caught up with the end lease situation of my present vehicle and in the dilemna of purchasing it vs extending the lease (maximum allowed is 6 months). I don't know if I would get the M3 by then even....

Anyone else in a similar situation or has anyone received delivery of their vehicles in Florida (OD 09/27/21).

Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck with the waiting game.
Try adding FSD. You can always remove it after you get your vin before pickup.

Reactions: RPYT
Congratulations! My pick up is scheduled for Friday. Out of curiosity, what does it show your range as? I thought range was under 260 for the SR+ when I ordered but current RWDs show
  • Range
    272 miles (EPA est.).

Is that what you are seeing when fully charged?
I charged from 79% to 93% overnight on 110 volts (long story cut short I had no time to get 240 volt outlet installed). Anyhow on the app there is a slider bar which sets a limit up to 100%. So if I reduced from 100% to say 96% and back to 100% it was showing a maximum of 441 kms. That is 275 miles epa. I will check the mulrhoney sticker tonight and get back to you.

Reactions: RPYT and evkat
Just venting... ordered my Model 3 RWD Standard in White on 10/20/21. Tesla changed the EDD five times now. They move it up, move it back, move it up, move it back. Last week, they moved it up to NEXT WEEK! I started panicking - calling the electrician, listing my current car for sale, etc. (Oh... and I STILL didn't have a VIN - even looked in the code.) Four days later, they moved it back to April 23- May 22. Seriously? I think I'm done. Buying a Yellow Mustang Mach-E. I'll have to wait for that too... but I live in San Diego and now EVERYONE has a white Model 3... except me.

• Funny
Reactions: RPYT and OHIOm3
I charged from 79% to 93% overnight on 110 volts (long story cut short I had no time to get 240 volt outlet installed). Anyhow on the app there is a slider bar which sets a limit up to 100%. So if I reduced from 100% to say 96% and back to 100% it was showing a maximum of 441 kms. That is 275 miles epa. I will check the mulrhoney sticker tonight and get back to you.
Just checking the app. I charged 14 KWh overnight on 110 volt (about 13 hours). I might have taken 5 or 6 hours more to get to 100% from 93%. I checked the car halfway through and it seems the system went to sleep as nothing on screen or the charger port but it was still charging though.

Hey, new here!
OD oct 20 2021
config : White ext. / black int. , no FSD , 18 inch aero
1st EDD September 2022
November 24th : EDD March 15 - April 12
December 07th : EDD March 11 - April 08
January 01st : EDD September 2022
January 06th : EDD March 11 - March 31
February 01st : EDD April 28 - May 26 <----last update as of now at march 21st

Hey, new here!
OD oct 20 2021
1st EDD September 2022
oops forgot to mention that config is a SR+/RWD

I t seems the delivery window I received on the 15th was too good to be true.. I have had two updates since then, I hope this is a sign its getting closer.

SR+ WHT/BLK int/18
1st DD - Order Date Oct8 - July 2022
2nd DD - Updated Nov 06 - Jan to Feb 2022
3rd DD - Updated Dec 02 - Feb 26 - Mar 26
4th DD - Updated Feb 08 - April 11 to May 09
5th DD - Updated Mar 15 - March 19 to March 31
6th DD - Updated Mar 20 - April 02 - April 30
7th DD - updated Mar 21 - March 30 - April 13

Reactions: Rezan8 and RPYT
Just venting... ordered my Model 3 RWD Standard in White on 10/20/21. Tesla changed the EDD five times now. They move it up, move it back, move it up, move it back. Last week, they moved it up to NEXT WEEK! I started panicking - calling the electrician, listing my current car for sale, etc. (Oh... and I STILL didn't have a VIN - even looked in the code.) Four days later, they moved it back to April 23- May 22. Seriously? I think I'm done. Buying a Yellow Mustang Mach-E. I'll have to wait for that too... but I live in San Diego and now EVERYONE has a white Model 3... except me.
Yup. Same boat. Ordered 8/16 and I’ve been through much of the same. EXTREMELY frusturating. Close, push, close, push. Meanwhile people who ordered months after me receive their cars… not their fault, but man. Disheartening is an understatement. I have 5/4-6/8. If I don’t get this car pushed up to April I think I’m going to give up. I’m at 8 months and desperate.

I’m convinced it will never happen at this point.

Hey, new here!
OD oct 20 2021
1st EDD September 2022
I have the exact same configuration. My order date is 9 oct and I have the same EDD. Location Montréal ( St Bruno)

Yup. Same boat. Ordered 8/16 and I’ve been through much of the same. EXTREMELY frusturating. Close, push, close, push. Meanwhile people who ordered months after me receive their cars… not their fault, but man. Disheartening is an understatement. I have 5/4-6/8. If I don’t get this car pushed up to April I think I’m going to give up. I’m at 8 months and desperate.

I’m convinced it will never happen at this point.
I almost gave up as well. Mine came in unexpectedly last week. I have too many EDD changes that I could not remember. I was without a car for 3 months and was ready to give up on Tesla. I paid extra for the 19" wheel and the white interior. That was perhaps a reason to get the car a bit faster. But truly...I will NOT go through this process again for my next car.

Reactions: RPYT
Congratulations! My pick up is scheduled for Friday. Out of curiosity, what does it show your range as? I thought range was under 260 for the SR+ when I ordered but current RWDs show
  • Range
    272 miles (EPA est.).

Is that what you are seeing when fully charged?
Charged to 100% showing 439 kms or 274 miles. Sticker is 438 km or 273.75 miles EPA.

D394C3D3-3762-4C40-A827-A7155A33EE17.jpeg

Picked up last Friday! Ordered October 25th. Ontario Canada. Flawless delivery car drives like a dream!!

Here's an article that proves that purchases after Aug 1, 2021, your price won't change unless you upgrade the wheels, white interior or add FSD (US ONLY for now as article stated).

Reactions: Soosh