Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another change, for the worse: EDD moved from 3/6-3/31 by more than a month to 4/14-5/12. Anyone else in the same boat?

OD: 10/18/21
Specs: M3 RWD, White, Black, 19-inch, no FSD

Friends - picked up my ride yesterday at Mt. Kisco, NY. I know these guys (picked our MY LR few months ago here), and it was a smooth delivery. No issues with the car thus far! Confirmed LFP, AMD, 12-v Li ion, heated wipers & rear seats, and no double pane rear windows.

Thanks for all the support in this forum. Hope you’ll get your ride soon too!

15DB9EF8-27A0-4315-A037-3B99485A06A4.jpeg

Friends - picked up my ride yesterday at Mt. Kisco, NY. I know these guys (picked our MY LR few months ago here), and it was a smooth delivery. No issues with the car thus far! Confirmed LFP, AMD, 12-v Li ion, heated wipers & rear seats, and no double pane rear windows.

View attachment 786932
Glad to see someone in my area getting the car.
I think I see the light at the end of the long and dark tunnel...

• Funny
Reactions: RPYT and metalblaze

View attachment 786932
Metalblaze- Congrats!
When you picked up your car from Mt. Kisco, did they mount the front plate for you before making any arrangement with you?
I am pondering to buy the front plate mount from Teslarati (Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Mount - "Quick Bandit") and I would hate to remove the plate mount adhesive from the car. I am thinking of telling them not to mount the front plate.
How is your plate holing up with the adhesive?

Reactions: metalblaze

View attachment 786932
Super pumped to see someone take delivery at Mount Kisco. Interesting to see that you actually stuck the end of Q1 date when most of us got pushed to Aplril, May, June.

This gives me some hope. Need to start seeing black exterior deliveries. That’s the one thing holding me back it seems.

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

Black w/ Black Int | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22)
My OD was 9/25/21 and I'm currently the same EDD as you, April 28 - June 02 and mine changed to that on 3/22/22. So some consistency there, just not looking forward for another 2 month wait.

MSM w/ Black Int | Aero Wheels | No FSD | AZ

Reactions: RPYT
OD: 8/16
Black/Black 18” no FSD

EDD on day of purchase was Sept - Oct. That quickly moved to Nov - Dec.

Then it bounced to Jan, Feb, March, April and now it’s May -June. If I get the car on May I would have been waiting 9 months..
Exact same boat ordered Aug 4th , Started of as Oct Delivery date kept bouncing me around all over the place. Now finally its been sitting at May-Jun for a few weeks now . I will believe it when I get the Car in my hand lol

Reactions: RPYT
Metalblaze- Congrats!
When you picked up your car from Mt. Kisco, did they mount the front plate for you before making any arrangement with you?
I am pondering to buy the front plate mount from Teslarati (Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Mount - "Quick Bandit") and I would hate to remove the plate mount adhesive from the car. I am thinking of telling them not to mount the front plate.
How is your plate holing up with the adhesive?

The client advisor will seek your permission to put the plates...given NYS laws, I am fine putting an adhesive. Did the same with our MY, and it has been holding up thus far.

• Informative
Reactions: Sexy_owner
*UPDATE*
As of today (right now actually) my EDD has moved (the first one of these I have experienced).
I checked last night (Sunday around 12 midnight Central) and it still showed August 6 - Sept 3... Now it's showing July 16 - August 27. That's unexpected and cool :)

I also know that this date will zip and flip and move many times, like a trout on the deck of a boat, so not really getting excited at this point. I AM excited that folks with orders Sept & Oct 2021 are getting their cars, which seems to fit the 5-6 month wait (in general terms).

Question for the all the people here: how often does the EDD change (daily, weekly, monthly, or only at end of qtr or is it truly random based on your options/color and location)?

Thank you all for your updates and detailed info... and let's keep up the support for everyone who's waiting for the awesome ride at the end of this tunnel!

M3SR+ Blue ext/Black interior/18" Aero wheels/NO FSD

Interesting that you were on hold until Feb 2022 and then basically took delivery about 30 days later? That's great, congrats on the new, great looking ride!

Yeah.. it was a strange order. I needed to trade my glitchy ID.4 for anything and found a Model 3 SR+ on the inventory (mid Oct) but then found a demo Y a week later and put the Model 3 SR+ on hold (SA gave me 6+ months surprisingly).

Tesla updated their hold policy sometime in late 2021 due to BBB holds and it's now 120 days max for MYP, M3LR, M3P and 150 days max for M3SR and MYLR. I was forced to unhold. I suspect because the order had a VIN already (inventory car) I might have been bumped up.

I don't think Tesla allows free inventory orders to be put on hold now - they outright cancel if you don't take delivery. That's my assumption because SAs are always surprised to hear the M3SR+ was an inventory order.

Reactions: Drew_in_Tx
Question for the all the people here: how often does the EDD change (daily, weekly, monthly, or only at end of qtr or is it truly random based on your options/color and location)?

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22) 96 days
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22) 15 days
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22) 9 days
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22) 42 days
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22) 3 days
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22) ⏳

Duration of EDD in BOLD. Hope this gives you an idea of how random my timeline has been.

Reactions: rudythecar

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22) 96 days
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22) 15 days
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22) 9 days
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22) 42 days
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22) 3 days
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22) ⏳

Duration of EDD in BOLD. Hope this gives you an idea of how random my timeline has been.
Yikes, March to June back to March then backwards again… it’s as if a pendulum is swinging and you have no idea when it will find the mark and lead to delivery…