Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looked on Tesla website under my account and they are showing under charging options a $400 mobile connector And not the $200 price. I’m not convinced it’s coming with the car with my edd date sometime between July and August. I hope anyone with a pending order will reach out to Tesla to ensure it is in fact still included and if not voice your disappointment with the bait and switch.
Hi I'm here from the M3LR Waiting Room and thought I'd add the response I got from my SA on my M3LR. Others in the M3LR waiting room have posted similar positive news from their SAs.

TSLA.png

Memo from Elon: Cupholders show low usage rates. Will be removed from all configurations but purchasable as an add-on from the service section of the app. Lead time 1-2 business months.
Consider yourself lucky. Over in the M3LR Waiting Room, our memo showed low usage rates for steering wheels and brake pedals😁

My M3P lease just hit the 90 day left and they sent me a notice. I placed my order for this SR 3/12 thinking that would be perfect as the EDD was 7/31. just a week after my lease return date. now I'm thinking I should have placed this order a year before the lease ended? lol

Config: White/Black/Aero/No FSD
My New EDD: August 17th - October 12th
Been reading some of the last post pages and I feel this is one of the rare occasion where I see some correlations in others EDD vs OD
My Config : White/Black/19/No FSD
My OD : 3/8 (4 days B4U)
My EDD : August 14th - October 9th (3 days B4U)

On 3/11 evening, as I was sliding down the app window on my phone for fun, the EDD became 3/30 - 3/31 :eek: Stayed like that for a week and then jumped to June. So I'm not holding my breath on the "golden" 2 weeks window or whatever else date until I get contacted by my SA for a VIN and asking me to prepare the $$.

Other then that, this observation was probably noted before but, I find it strange that the company claiming that it will achieve FSD can't get a handle on their delivery planning software ;)

There seems to be little logic or order in when these vehicles will be coming. My OD was 4/1. My EDD has remained 7/11~8/8.

M3 SR, blue, 18" wheels, white interior, no FSD.

Rich
That's because any EDD more than a month away is meaningless. Those less than a month away are slightly less meaningless. The EDD can and will jump back and forth until you get a VIN. Comparing EDDs is a fun distraction but don't try to figure out some pattern. There isn't one. Orders will loosely be filled in the order they were made but there are a half dozen modifiers to that. Plus, people refusing delivery for some reason will jump someone local up in line, which throws off comparisons. There is too little public data to figure out with any certainty when anyone will get their car.

That's because any EDD more than a month away is meaningless. Those less than a month away are slightly less meaningless. The EDD can and will jump back and forth until you get a VIN. Comparing EDDs is a fun distraction but don't try to figure out some pattern. There isn't one. Orders will loosely be filled in the order they were made but there are a half dozen modifiers to that. Plus, people refusing delivery for some reason will jump someone local up in line, which throws off comparisons. There is too little public data to figure out with any certainty when anyone will get there car.
How do you know this?

Reading this forum, reddit and everywhere else for the past 7 months while waiting for my car, which was ordered in Sept 21 and had an EDD of Aug 22
OK, so this is your educated opinion based on your observations. I was hoping you actually had some inside information.
Yes your remarks seem reasonable, but what is not reasonable is that any successful company interacts with their customers in such a fashion.
I guess the real question we all want answered is "Why Tesla? Tesla, why, why why???"

M3 RWD Blk ext, Wht int, Aero.
OD 3 Sept 2021
ED were all over the place (Nov 2021, Dec 2021, Jan 2022, April, May, June, July, Aug). I decided to get a bit more assertive with my local sales team. I sent an email to my SA, but no response. I called and spoke to a SA, and he told me that my trade-in was waiting for information, and that is why my ED kept getting pushed. Frustrating part is that my trade in was fine (had a estimated trade-in value) when I placed the order. I guess when it expires, you need to update everything (make, model, and trim included) just in case any of that info changes. Apparently they were waiting on user input for the trim level of my trade-in. No one reached out to me about it - it was unchecked, and the ED continued to be pushed out. I fixed it, but the ED was still showing July-Aug 2022 (FYI, at this point, placing a new order for a M3 with the same specs would result in a sooner ED window than mine - something is definitely not right). It wasn't until I went into the Tesla store and spoke to a SA face-to-face that my ED changed to a more reasonable window (currently 23 April - 6 May). Long story short, make sure everything is current/accurate with every aspect of your order, because you can't rely on a SA to keep up on that stuff for you.

I ordered the beginning of March and back then it just said July. It’s only updated once to say July 21-Aug 18. I keep wondering how come it hasn’t changed so many times like everyone else
Similar experience that order that I. Mid March or late March. It was quoted EDD of august. It was changed to august 18-oct 8. I hope it stays but based on so many posts about dates moving, I have no idea.

OK, so this is your educated opinion based on your observations. I was hoping you actually had some inside information.
Yes your remarks seem reasonable, but what is not reasonable is that any successful company interacts with their customers in such a fashion.
I guess the real question we all want answered is "Why Tesla? Tesla, why, why why???"
No inside information but I used to be an engineer at GM and know more than the average bear about building electrified vehicles. My opinion is that customer satisfaction is not really in the mission plan for Tesla. They are an engineering company who builds cars in a very non-traditional way. They skip steps and iterate solutions much differently than a traditional OEM. They are optimizing designs for manufacturability and not quality or serviceability. They are trying to build as many EVs as possible and make a car that sells itself. They don't care if any one person gets a car as long as all the cars are sold to someone.

Its all quite fascinating. I at least partially ordered a Tesla to experience the weirdness (from an OEM perspective).