Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USA M3LR/P use NCA (Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminium Oxide) for the cathode material. M3RWD uses LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate). So they both use lithium. LFP (basically) replaces nickel (prices skyrocketing) for iron as the primary metal ion. LFP also drops the costly and potentially unethically sourced cobalt. Although the pack size alone would probably mean M3LR would use more lithium.
Thanks for your input. You’re right. What I actually heard was that US used to import a lot of Nickel from Russia and because of the embargo from Russia, NCA battery and M3LR would have a longer wait time.

OD: 10/15/21
Spec: MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
April: April 26 - May 22
Before today EDD: May 8 - June 6
Today: Received my VIN!!!

Oh damn. I ordered August...still no vin :(

Still no rhyme or reason. How are people in the same vicinity who ordered after me getting theirs?
Same Here. I ordered on Sept 10th 2022. Mine EDD is always pushed back. Currently sitting at June 21 - Aug 02. Don't know whom to contact to inquire about.

Got my VIN today!!! No email, just opened the app and told me Tesla was making changes to my order and I should go to my Tesla account. Had to accept the slower acceleration then the MVPA and VIN appeared with a 2 day delivery time frame!!! And it’s 2 days in which I’m on vacation across the country, just my luck. I’ll watch and see if it shifts at all before I panic. Haha. OD 9/12/2021

Got my VIN today!!! No email, just opened the app and told me Tesla was making changes to my order and I should go to my Tesla account. Had to accept the slower acceleration then the MVPA and VIN appeared with a 2 day delivery time frame!!! And it’s 2 days in which I’m on vacation across the country, just my luck. I’ll watch and see if it shifts at all before I panic. Haha. OD 9/12/2021
Congrats! 7 months isn’t too awful of a wait given all others’ stories posted on here :p

Does LR have shorter wait than SR? Should I change my SR order to LR?

OD: 4/21/22
The quick answer is yes if you need the car sooner the LR wait time per Reddit is 2-3 months, while the SR/RWD is hovering around 5-8 months in what I’ve read. However, per the reports from today Tesla is supposed to bump production dramatically this year by 50-60%…
So it’s a bit of a guesstimate

Last edited:
Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
The quick answer is yes if you need the car sooner the LR wait time per Reddit is 2-3 months, while the SR/RWD is hovering around 5-8 months in what I’ve read. However per the reports from today Tesla is supposed to bump production dramatically this year by 50-60%…
So it’s a bit of a guesstimate
Seen those same estimates, but what worries me is the Tesla website delivery date for LR is Sep-Dec while SR is Jul-Sep

maybe SR production is ramping up more in the coming months

Fantastic news and congrats! If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
Really happy for people who have received their VIN's . It would be really nice if people going forwards can note pick-up location so we can keep track of which regions are getting the cars first?

anyone in Toronto / Oakville / Waterloo area got the VINS yet?
Good idea. I am in Toronto but have not received VIN yet. How about yourself? GO RAPTORS.

Reactions: Bmansimracing
Really happy for people who have received their VIN's . It would be really nice if people going forwards can note pick-up location so we can keep track of which regions are getting the cars first?

anyone in Toronto / Oakville / Waterloo area got the VINS yet?
I received an email "Your Model 3 Final Payment Ready" and My Account is showing "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" and EDD changed to May 10 - May 14

I haven't received the VIN email yet but can see the VIN in the MVPA

Pickup location: Vaughan