Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, and I got 2.99% financing for 72 months with U.S. Bank (Tesla partner, through the Tesla loan application after I got my VIN). It did not give the option of different banks or rates, it just matches you with the best option I guess.
Nice! They have our mortgage so that'd be easy. Not sure I could do better than 2.99% on 72 months with anyone else. No one goes that low unless you do shorter terms.

Got the text for trade in. I gave the trade in details and they added the option for tradein in my account. EDD days May 10-May22 ( OD- Oct 9, 2021). No VIN yet. I don’t trust Tesla at all after so many EDD push outs. Am I close to the delivery people?
On April 11th, I received a text asking if I would be interested in trading my car in. I provided them with the details and the next morning I received an offer from Tesla. It was actually better than the other online places. I said yes and provided the requested information for the trade. I didn't hear anything and actually my EDD was pushed back to July-August. However, on Monday (April 25th), I received a text with my VIN and a new EDD for this week with a 5 day window and I'm still waiting. I hope that helps.

My VIN was assigned on Monday and was given an EDD between April 25 - April 29.
Tue EDD April 26 - April 30
Wed EDD April 27 - May 1
Thur EDD April 28 - May 2
I called Tesla in Fresno and inquired if they had any further information. They were able to tell me it left Fremont and was in Lathrop. Delivery to Fresno has not be scheduled yet. I was also told there was a shortage of transport carriers to move the cars.

How did you find out it was in transit?
Comparing my experience with Tesla customer service in the last 7 months or so; I realized that their 'tone' suddenly became receptive once the VIN was assigned. They are now much more willing to share information, as against before when the polite reply was "we have the same information as you can see in your Tesla account"

So, I have been told that the car is in transit to Miami with a scheduled delivery date of May 9 at the Tesla service center (the one that I chose for delivery). They need 24 hours atleast to inspect and thereafter they shall schedule delivery appointment with me. My EDD shows as May 13-May 17 and have been told that these dates are pretty accurate. However, subject to +/-1 day as the cars are shipped by 3rd party transport companies.

Hope the above helps.

Congrats to everyone who got their VINs and good luck to rest (still in the waiting game)

Finally got Delivery scheduled

Attachments

• 5AADBB13-FD95-4E8D-91A1-D3A756C2F8F9.jpeg
    5AADBB13-FD95-4E8D-91A1-D3A756C2F8F9.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 91
How quickly did you go from a July- August 6 week window to delivery date/time? Was there any shorter/closer range between?

Gives me hope that my aug 18 - Oct 13 could actually come before the end of summer.
I had 3 week window and a 3 day window earlier in Nov 2021, Dec 31 and March and April 2022. Every time I hit the window and within 48 hrs it was pushed back latest push back was in April to July- Aug. Thus Monday things changed, got VIN assigned and today Delivery assigned