Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla must have charged the guy $46,990 (before taxes) for the car. That's $7,000 more than I am supposed to pay Tesla for my car.
Come on!, I ordered my car in July 2021!
I think there should be an ethics investigation of Tesla by the Congress.
Holy sh**. I thought I was down bad. Gheez. I feel bad for you 😞. There should definitely be a code of ethics review. Tesla should also cover any expenses on your trade in after your EDD has passed.

You already have many other options, first on my list would be the BMW i4, but Hyundai Ioniq 5, Kia EV6, VW id.4 are all available if you are deligent. Do your research and make another choice if you really feel this way about Tesla. Vote with your dollars.
None of them have an LFP battery. Even the higher models can only be charged to 80% but then you're paying more for a non established company when you could've got the AWD for a lesser price.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
Got my order update message regarding the "Acceleration" today. After that my EDD changed to May 23rd to May 26th, no VIN in the source code, how long does it usually take to see the assigned vin? I am hoping the car comes with the Matrix headlights, we won't know until delivery.

Model 3 SR+ / White / Black Interior / No FSD / Aero
Order Date - 9-Oct-2021
Ordered at Oakville, Ontario

1st Delivery Date - July 2022
2nd Delivery Date - Feb 2022 to March 2022
3rd Delivery Date - March 2 - March 30
4th Delivery Date - April 29 - May 27
5th Delivery Date - May 17 - June 21
6th Delivery Date - May 23 - June 20
Trading vehicle SMS received on May 5th 2022
7th Delivery Date - May 15 - May 29 (1st 2 week window)
Current Delivery Date - May 23rd to May 26th (1st 3 day window)
Acceleration change message received on 9th May 2022

Pickup - Oakville, Ontario
Received mine today also and after I accepted the acceleration message I got “Please pay off your final balance” and there was a VIN in the Purchase agreement

Got my order update message regarding the "Acceleration" today. After that my EDD changed to May 23rd to May 26th, no VIN in the source code, how long does it usually take to see the assigned vin? I am hoping the car comes with the Matrix headlights, we won't know until delivery.

Model 3 SR+ / White / Black Interior / No FSD / Aero
Order Date - 9-Oct-2021
Ordered at Oakville, Ontario

1st Delivery Date - July 2022
2nd Delivery Date - Feb 2022 to March 2022
3rd Delivery Date - March 2 - March 30
4th Delivery Date - April 29 - May 27
5th Delivery Date - May 17 - June 21
6th Delivery Date - May 23 - June 20
Trading vehicle SMS received on May 5th 2022
7th Delivery Date - May 15 - May 29 (1st 2 week window)
Current Delivery Date - May 23rd to May 26th (1st 3 day window)
Acceleration change message received on 9th May 2022

Pickup - Oakville, Ontario
Nice to see someone else with that config and nearby location finally getting it, gives me hope!

This entire experience of buying a Tesla was so mentally draining.. I wouldn't wish this type of experience on my worst enemy, I wish Tesla would just be more transparent on why the hell the cars are delayed(my theory is prolly the hertz order). Honestly to my brothers/sisters here that ordered a Tesla with a Black Interior, if you REALLY want a car faster and are willing to roll the dice, contact your advisor and upgrade your interior to white. You might get a VIN quicker.
Not necessarily.. I have the white interior on order and my EDD is just sat at november and has been for a month

One thing I have noticed comparing this to the Reddit Model 3 thread (all 3 models)... there must be a TON of people who DO NOT fill out the Google doc? According to my very unofficial poll, there are at a minimum of 20 VINs assigned every day starting on 5.4 and yet the Google doc doesn't show nearly that many... (5.4 shows 78 VINs assigned, 5.5 shows 17 VINs, 5.6 shows 18 VINs, 5.7 shows 18 VINs....) the lack of any idea and insight on this is a tad frustrating
I did the math a few weeks ago in one of my post and our Google sheet seems to represent only 0.07% of the whole Q1 volume so it must still be about the same now. I wish more poeples would play he game of filling the form but there are a few reasons why many don't :
  • They don't know it exist. Just in case here it is : Google survey
  • They don't have an don't care to open a Google account
  • They don't what to give information on Google survey's
  • Just don't care.
Seeing that more VINs on Reddit is still a good news. Next time you visit them...try to promote the survey link?

Just adding a precision, that would be (5) SR+ VINs and yes :confused:
According to the article below half Of Teslas Produced In Q1 Had An LFP Battery.
Tesla produced 310,048 cars in Q1.
310,048 / 2 = 155K LFP cars?
I would imagine Tesla has a similar plan for Q2?
Isn't the SR+(RWD) the only model with the LFP's?
Where are those cars?
Are they coming soon?
I wish someone could shed some light on the matter...

Last edited:
I chose financing from the start with a trade in. I should mention, I have not been contact by a single rep at all.
Correct me if I'm wrong but just recapping your history for all those patiently waiting in NYC...
M3SR+, Black, Black, Aero, No FSD
OD : 4/29/22
VIN : 5/9/22

Am I the only one lost here?

@zosbourne9 If I were you, I would never buy a lottery ticket again since you've used-up all your luck on this one. ;)

Happy delivery and enjoy.

OD oct 20 2021
config : White ext. / black int. , no FSD , 18 inch aero
1st EDD September 2022
November 24th : EDD March 15 - April 12
December 07th : EDD March 11 - April 08
January 01st : EDD September 2022
January 06th : EDD March 11 - March 31
February 01st : EDD April 28 - May 26
April 07 : EDD may 19 - june 23
April 26 : EDD May 25 - June 22
May 1st : EDD May 23 - june 06
May 10th : EDD July 12 - August 23

all hope is lost...........

OD oct 20 2021
config : White ext. / black int. , no FSD , 18 inch aero
1st EDD September 2022
November 24th : EDD March 15 - April 12
December 07th : EDD March 11 - April 08
January 01st : EDD September 2022
January 06th : EDD March 11 - March 31
February 01st : EDD April 28 - May 26
April 07 : EDD may 19 - june 23
April 26 : EDD May 25 - June 22
May 1st : EDD May 23 - june 06
May 10th : EDD July 12 - August 23

all hope is lost...........
@Dyrnwyn Was Sept 2022 really your EDD when you ordered? (11) months? Trying to pull the good out of the bad, your'e at least still within your initial EDD. 🧐

What's your SC?

According to the article below half Of Teslas Produced In Q1 Had An LFP Battery.
Tesla produced 310,048 cars in Q1.
310,048 / 2 = 155K LFP cars?
I would imagine Tesla has a similar plan for Q2?
Isn't the SR+(RWD) the only model with the LFP's?
Where are those cars?
Are they coming soon?
I wish someone could shed some light on the matter...

Yes only base model 3 have LFP batteries but this number is probably coming from the Shanghai factory mostly.

My update: it's been over 2 weeks since I've received VIN still no delivery scheduled. All SA said was that I'll get a text when I can schedule delivery. I'm also now inside my EDD, says May 9 to 13. Pretty sure my car is standing in a lot waiting for the charge port electronics to be installed. Someone in the Canada waiting room posted pics from Toronto Lawrence location of a bunch of cars with taped over charge port doors.

Ordered on 4/09 edd is aug 7-sept 18…we are still a one car family but wife is already starting her full time job now so need another car.. we can still make it work but im waiting how much raise will i get this year and if its enough ill immediately switch to LR..but man i really would love to have that LFP battery..
4/09 = April 9th 2022 or September 4th 2021 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
So I’m currently pressing an SA at Mount Kisco right now about @zosbourne9 . Nothing against you personally, but I need answers. We have the exact same build and I ordered 7 months ago.

These SA’s also bring up the “you completed your delivery tasks on 3/15” but I literally asked them to open it so I can switch to cash option. Tasks were “incomplete” for maybe 3 minutes. Before that they were fully complete since October…