Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR @ September pricing is $49,990 plus whatever options. You can make the change your self by first logging into you tesla account and then going to this url:

..../teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx

add your RN number. I can't add the whole url or it makes it a link
Holy cow that's weird to see the prices back then. Thanks for the assist.

If I don't have any movement, I'm probably going to come back from my vacay with a LR swap. It's crazy to think that the Model 3 is going to cost more than my Model Y that I purchased last March '21

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnsson90
Just took delivery today of my black on black M3 RWD. The whole process was pretty smooth, under 30 minutes. It did not have the new headlights but I was fine with that since I'm locked in at a low interest rate currently and that might change if I rejected this car. The only issue is that the driver door is misaligned with the bottom sitting too far in. So from standing at the rear driver quarter panel and looking forward, you can almost see into the front quarter panel. Make sure you look at panel gaps from each corner of the car too. It's not just side to side movement to check, but also inward and outward. My SA agreed and had me include his name in the service appointment request when I put it in (not sure if that changes anything, but it would be hard for anyone to argue that it's within spec). He said he had not seen that before.

Otherwise, drives great and really excited to finally have it in the garage! Hope everyone else gets their deliveries soon.

Specs: Deep Blue Metallic-Black Int-18” aero-Kansas City pickup location.

Placed my order placed October 3rd, 2021. Current EDD is July 11-August 21 and has been since April 6th.

Haven't had any communication ever so I decided to call last week to see if I could get a crumb of information. Person was decently helpful, switched my payment method to cash to see if the EDD would move up a month to June and told me to call back in 48 hours if nothing changed. Nothing did so I called back and that person was confused but in the end offered to submit “a case escalation to the factory”? never heard of that before. Still no changes called today and that person was the most dismissive and least helpful and just said the current EDD is “accurate” and to just keep waiting. Starting to lose hope in this car tbh.

Got my car yesterday. I'm a little torn there were some panel gaps, bad stitching and dents. The only thing tesla said they would fix were the dents, but everything else 'was in spec.' I don't have a car and really can't afford to reject the car so I just accepted the delivery. The earliest service appointment was mid June. I took it to get wrapped and luckily my wrapper is willing to re-wrap the dent panel for free when it is fixed. I'm going with the DynoPrism. As for the car itself I got the Ryzen, LFP, and Matrix light (My SA said I didn't have it but somehow I got it). One thing that did annoy me was that in the car there were mud shoe marks all over in the car on the white seats and for a brand new car to be presented like that, it is just sad and disappointing. Overall, I am happy to have a car finally, but in terms of quality and presentation I am disappointed.
Jeez that just sounds, like a not great delivery experience, which based on other users here and on the Reddit forums seems uncommon. Was the delivery center super busy or somehting else was amiss?

You're totally right that the combination of the purchase price and the wait time, delivery day should be like Christmas morning.... did the local staff at least try to make things right or was it just "here's your car, you can go now..."?

I have been hearing lots of folks changing their order to LR , I am tempted to do the same but have a question. Has anyone from New Jersey who ordered before the NJ charge up credit expired last September change from Model 3 to LR , what happens to the 5K charge up credit ?

Reactions: Soosh
That was roughly when the Gas prices started to go nuts. That was the final trigger for me to make the jump. 75-80 a week on gas was killing me
We have the same config, 4 days separation on the order date... The app shows EDD July 16 - Aug 27 (even though I know that's just a placeholder). Curious to see how we both do here the next 3 months+ (thinking optimistically)... In theory you should receive your car 1st being on the E coast, but that's a 100% pure guessing game (like all of this is) I suppose 🤣

Reactions: Soosh
Jeez that just sounds, like a not great delivery experience, which based on other users here and on the Reddit forums seems uncommon. Was the delivery center super busy or somehting else was amiss?

You're totally right that the combination of the purchase price and the wait time, delivery day should be like Christmas morning.... did the local staff at least try to make things right or was it just "here's your car, you can go now..."?
Nothing was amiss really. The staff were just very passive and so were the service center mechanics. The delivery center was super desolate. During the time we spent inspecting and waiting for them to clean and buff out some scratches (almost 2 hours) no one else showed up for pick up. We asked the rep if there were anymore pick ups for the day and they said we were the 3rd person in the day. Our appointment was at 2:00pm and they close at 5pm so we were suprised to hear that. Overall the staff were passive and rude in the way they handled our car. When we asked for them to touch up and clean the muddy seats they at first said we could do it ourselves later, but asked them to do it since they were buffing out some scratches anyway and there weren't many cars getting serviced that day.
To top it off one thing people mention is to not lean on the door windows since there is no frame protecting the window and the person we were working with kept leaning on the driver side door window as she talked to us while the door was open. We pointed out if that was appropriate since the glass would bend form her wieght on it and her response was that the windows were durable and a little wieght is no problem. It made us very uncomfortable since she didn't even bother to stop leaning even after we asked her if it was appropriate...
Hopefully her leaning on the glass pane didn't affect anything and if my window randomly breaks I guess I'll know why... As a brand new car coming off the lot I thought they would treat the vehicles with more respect...😞

If you can take advantage of the EV rebates, other EVs end up being quite a bit cheaper, especially if you order a new unit directly from the dealership to avoid dealer markup.
Let’s clarify here. It’s not a rebate. It’s a tax credit. I want to make that distinction as there are people out there who are not prepared for this and they aren’t eligible for the tax credit.

Example:

The EV tax credit is a federal credit for income taxes owed to the IRS; you must owe enough taxes to take advantage of this opportunity. If you owe no income taxes to the IRS, then you can’t benefit from it.

Let’s say you buy an EV that qualifies for a $6,000 tax credit, and you owe $3,000 in income taxes. You could receive a $3,000 credit on your income taxes. However, the tax credit can’t be passed on to someone else, as only the original registered vehicle owner qualifies.