Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD Sept 8, 2021 , SR+ RWD White, black interior, 18 Aero, no FSD

New EDD: July 25 - Aug 22 (Since July 5)

Hoping to secure financing before the next rate hike on July 13 and getting delivery before the financing rate expires. 🤞

The rates have gone up since I placed the order. The monthly payment is almost $100 more just because of higher interest rate.

I didn't realize that the rising interest rates would have so much impact on the instalments ! What rate is currently available for Tesla Langley / Vancouver ?

Hi everyone! Here is an update after taking delivery over a month ago.

19" before satin black powder coated
pxl_20220708_194848733-jpg.826619

after
PXL_20220708_231821358.jpg

Windows are tinted with 3M ceramic at 25%

After a year or so, I'll upgrade to the mountain pass comfort coilovers

Attachments

• PXL_20220708_194848733.jpg
    PXL_20220708_194848733.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 276
OD Sept 8, 2021 , SR+ RWD White, black interior, 18 Aero, no FSD

New EDD: July 25 - Aug 22 (Since July 5)

Hoping to secure financing before the next rate hike on July 13 and getting delivery before the financing rate expires. 🤞

The rates have gone up since I placed the order. The monthly payment is almost $100 more just because of higher interest rate.

How do you know rate hikes happen on the 13th? If so, I'll try and lock in financing on the 12th
OD: Jan 28
EDD: July 21 - Aug 18

How do you know rate hikes happen on the 13th? If so, I'll try and lock in financing on the 12th
OD: Jan 28
EDD: July 21 - Aug 18
Bank of Canada is supposed to hike rates on July 13th. The car loan fixed rates however are loosely correlated to that rate hike.
For example, a 5 year fixed rate is more closely correlated to the 5 year bond rate than by the amount Bank of Canada will increase the rates that day. It's always difficult to predict by what % the 5 year fixed loan rate will increase as a result of a rate hike by a central bank. The best way is to check the loan rate rather than worry about the central bank raising rates.

• Informative
Reactions: MtlMV and AJosan
How do you know rate hikes happen on the 13th?
I am expecting it to go up with the bank of canada rate hike announcement on July 13, since the last few rate hikes affected the car loan rate, its a wild guess.
Like last year around December I secured my loan at 1.85% and now i am getting around 6% (with a good credit score). I know my mortgage has gone up everytime the bank of canada rate went up.

Bank of Canada is supposed to hike rates on July 13th. The car loan fixed rates however are loosely correlated to that rate hike.
For example, a 5 year fixed rate is more closely correlated to the 5 year bond rate than by the amount Bank of Canada will increase the rates that day. It's always difficult to predict by what % the 5 year fixed loan rate will increase as a result of a rate hike by a central bank. The best way is to check the loan rate rather than worry about the central bank raising rates.

Thanks, very informative.

Seems like Australia is the one getting some love lately. Based on the survey, the last (10) VIN are in Australia. Since the survey does not have that country in its drop down field, users are asked to add it in the city field. This is why the "VIN by State last 7 days" seems broken lately in the Dashboard and all VIN are listed as "Other..." in the "VIN by Country last 7 days"

lol .. fingers crossed !!

Noticed your OD was back in July '21. But EDD shows Aug '22. That's a long wait. Did you put a hold on your order?
Yes! It was on hold for a few months between 2021 and 2022.
That's because back then I didn't have my PR yet, and they were tying the number of terms to my visa expiring date...
So I decided to put it on hold until I got my new SIN as resident.