Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I ordered a M3 May 2022. My current EDD is oct 8-nov 19 2022. When I ordered the car the Tesla financing rate was 3.24% (in May). I’ve been a bit concerned about getting the car later this year since they said rates were going up. Has anyone recently applied for financing ? What rates is Tesla giving right now? I live in Florida

i’ve been considering that (I like the blue), but I’m worried about re-setting my order date.
Yeah, I have that same fear. I texted my SA about changing color or any other aspect of my order, and he said that when you make changes, for Tesla is like it's a new order, I would lose priority and delivery could be delayed even more... Maybe he was just trying to discourage me for whatever reason? Not sure what's the deal with my SA, he doesn't seem a lot helpful (never met in person, he was assigned to me after the other one was fired)...

Anyone else here have Saint Bruno (Montreal area) as pickup location?

Congrats .. and safe drive !!

Questions:

Did you apply Financing? What was the rate you were offered?

Also since you picked your vehicle on Sunday, when did you apply for insurance?

Did you get the charger?

How happy are you with the built quality? As in, did you notice any panel gaps, etc.?

Thanks much !!

Yes!! I actually applied for financing three months ago. I was approved at 3.99%. My financing was suppose to expire on July 27, 2022. However, for some reason (which I’ve been meaning to ask), I was not honored that rate - they gave me a new rate 5.79% with another bank. You shouldn’t change to financing until you receive your VIN.

I’m in BC Canada so they insurance is done on site at pick up.

I got a charger.

We are very happy with the quality! No issues at all :) The drive is AMAZING!!

I ordered in late April - current EDD is Jan-Feb 2023 😞

I see the US side ordering and receiving within the space of 1-2 months sometimes....
I order 5/19/22 and my current EDD is 10/1-11/12 which is now concerning being that you order late April and have a DD in 2023. Did you happen to Opt in for an upgrade features like a premium color or interior or rims? My EDD has been consistent since ordering

Reactions: Fire0897
Hello! I ordered a M3 May 2022. My current EDD is oct 8-nov 19 2022. When I ordered the car the Tesla financing rate was 3.24% (in May). I’ve been a bit concerned about getting the car later this year since they said rates were going up. Has anyone recently applied for financing ? What rates is Tesla giving right now? I live in Florida
I’m in the same situation as you I ordered my model 3 standard in black 5/19 and EDD is 10/1-11/12 which is a couple days ahead of you.. just curious as if you order any premium features like paint color or interior color. I’m also worried about finance rates going up but I told myself I can lock in which ever rate and try refinancing later on via bank or credit union etc

I’m in the same situation as you I ordered my model 3 standard in black 5/19 and EDD is 10/1-11/12 which is a couple days ahead of you.. just curious as if you order any premium features like paint color or interior color. I’m also worried about finance rates going up but I told myself I can lock in which ever rate and try refinancing later on via bank or credit union etc
I got white exterior and white interior with 18’’ aero

VIN was assigned today in the app and also got a text. Below are my EDD changes in the last couple of weeks.

Jul 15 - Jul 29
Jul 18 - Jul 31
Jul 21 - Aug 3
Jul 25 - Aug 8
Jul 24 - Jul 30 (current EDD today after VIN assigned)

RWD/blue/black/aero/no FSD/California. OD 12/27/21

delivery should be a pick-up from Fremont, CA.
update: Delivery scheduled for 7/27. Vehicle will be delivered to my home, yay !

My wife's LR was delivered on 6/29 and is amazing to drive. Like you, I ordered the RWD for myself. I think it's a better value.
From what was explained to me by a Tesla associate when I went to test drive the model 3.. he said the rwd actually had more range or just as equal to the LR and performance models due to the rwd having a different battery then the other two which allows for charging up to 100% unlike the other two which is only recommended to charge I believe to 80% per Tesla so that’s how I decided between the 3

From what was explained to me by a Tesla associate when I went to test drive the model 3.. he said the rwd actually had more range or just as equal to the LR and performance models due to the rwd having a different battery then the other two which allows for charging up to 100% unlike the other two which is only recommended to charge I believe to 80% per Tesla so that’s how I decided between the 3
Exactly, I started adding everything up and there's not really much that I could argue for keeping the LR rather than saving $10,000 and going with the RWD!