Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to mention that the Model 3 doesn't come with windshield washer fluid at pick up.

If you try it and it doesn't work this is the reason. They didn't mention it when I was picking up the car.
My 2020 was full when I got it. Didn’t need to add any until this January. Windshield wiper fluid is probably an inspection requirement in most states and should have been there.

Id go through one of the delivery checklist and make sure no other last minute checks were missed.

Reactions: Rezan8
Went to grab my Model 3 earlier today. Had the checklist handy and spent a good hour inspecting it before signing off on anything.

All in all, it was pretty clean, a bit dusty inside and out but it was very dry and hot so its to be expected I suppose.

The check went pretty good overall. No real issues, just tiny things here or there but the staff was very accomidating and the person assisting me was actually knowledgable enough.

Was a pretty decent and quick process overall. A shame the wait couldnt have been as quick. Lol.

The car is certainly very smooth and I'll definitely be taking it out and playing around with the features and capabilities more tomorrow.

It did come with the charging cable which was great. Had the 14-50 adapter on hand already so I am ready to charge.

Only issue was that they don't include floor mats. A bummer considering how much you pay for these rides. All good though as id probably get better custom all weather mats anyway.

Im honestly just happy I finally have this ride after 11 long months of waiting.

Hope the rest of you get your cars soon!

Attachments

• 20220801_163410-01.jpeg
    20220801_163410-01.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220801_180109-02.jpeg
    20220801_180109-02.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220801_185633-01.jpeg
    20220801_185633-01.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 80
K
Went to grab my Model 3 earlier today. Had the checklist handy and spent a good hour inspecting it before signing off on anything.

All in all, it was pretty clean, a bit dusty inside and out but it was very dry and hot so its to be expected I suppose.

The check went pretty good overall. No real issues, just tiny things here or there but the staff was very accomidating and the person assisting me was actually knowledgable enough.

Was a pretty decent and quick process overall. A shame the wait couldnt have been as quick. Lol.

The car is certainly very smooth and I'll definitely be taking it out and playing around with the features and capabilities more tomorrow.

It did come with the charging cable which was great. Had the 14-50 adapter on hand already so I am ready to charge.

Only issue was that they don't include floor mats. A bummer considering how much you pay for these rides. All good though as id probably get better custom all weather mats anyway.

Im honestly just happy I finally have this ride after 11 long months of waiting.

congrats

Congrats!

Finally! Happy for you. Drive safe. About the checklist...I know there are a few (or many) available. Trying to figure out the one that works the best.

Congrats🥳

I was a little shocked last night when listening to Rob Maurer on Tesla Daily. He was going over the Hertz Q2 earnings call where it stated that they have about 20,000 Tesla EVs. I thought that they were almost done with this order, I guess I was wrong!😪 I hope that the 100,000 order contains a portion of model Y's as well, or we're going to be feeling the pain of long wait times for a while yet.

• Informative
Reactions: MtlMV
You mean to tell me that you spend that much money on a car, and they don't even supply you with $2 worth of windshield washer fluid?🤣🤣 Not to mention it's a safety issue in the winter!
I heard about this on a YouTube video that was going over the pick up checklist. So I assumed that's how they deliver it. But now a few folks are saying they had washer fluid when they picked up back in May.

Reactions: BTM3
Ordered our model 3 standard range august 2021. It’s been a year and we still haven’t received, our delivery date gets pushed back every time it gets close and it’s been happening for months. Is this normal, anyone else out there hit over a year? We can’t get any answers from corporate and feel completely in this alone, several of our friends who ordered after us some as late as April already accepted delivery. Not looking to complain, just looking to confirm we aren’t the only ones going through this!

Ordered our model 3 standard range august 2021. It’s been a year and we still haven’t received, our delivery date gets pushed back every time it gets close and it’s been happening for months. Is this normal, anyone else out there hit over a year? We can’t get any answers from corporate and feel completely in this alone, several of our friends who ordered after us some as late as April already accepted delivery. Not looking to complain, just looking to confirm we aren’t the only ones going through this!

So, you ordered a year ago, and have made no changes, were not one of the people who were pushing off delivery at the end of last year cause "want tax credit!" etc?

No, waiting a year is not normal unless you took some action to delay it. I am betting that you did take action to delay it to this year, trying to get the tax credit that didnt materialize.

Either that, or you dont have your profile complete, or are not in the location it says under your name (CA).

Tell us more about your order.
What's the car configuration and what's the payment method?
There are several reasons for an order to be delayed.

OD of 9/11/21, Red/white/rwd/no FSD. EDD just changed from 8/6-8/20 to 8/17-8/21 and finally got a text saying my VIN has been assigned! I accepted the acceleration agreement and texted back to switch from cash to financing. Do I need to do anything else now like set the loan terms in my account, or do I just wait for the delivery date and I can set the loan terms later? Also, right now it is showing 4.49% for both 60 and 72 months through Tesla financing, anyone have better options in the US?

Reactions: MtlMV and BTM3
Tell us more about your order.
What's the car configuration and what's the payment method?
There are several reasons for an order to be delayed.
Funny enough I ordered on 9/10/21. I had a two week window last week and now just got pushed back once again to September - October. It’s super frustrating. I have gone into Tesla multiple times and they have no answers. Black/black no FSD. aero wheels.