Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 188 since my OD and went from a two-week window to a four-day window this morning. I also discovered my car's VIN in the Tesla App. It won't be long now!

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Chicago
Order Date: 2/6/2022

Estimated Delivery Date History:
2/6/2022: October 2022
2/8/2022: May 17 - June 14
3/7/2022: August 2022
3/12/2022: July 25 - August 22
5/13/2022: August 11 - September 22
6/20/2022: August 17 - September 21
8/3/2022: September 1 - September 29
8/6/2022: August 20 - September 3
8/13/2022: August 26 - August 29

Reactions: pipestem
Insurance proof requested, VIN now everywhere and DD : 08/17/2022 - 1:30pm. It could not get more real.
Me too... got the text yesterday to schedule my delivery. I pick the 23rd, which was the earlier date available.
But still waiting for the MVPA and payment instructions. VIN in the source code and hasn't changed.

Went to the store yesterday and the SA showed me that the car is in transit and estimated to arrive is the 20th, but it could be sooner.

I'll get my insurance sorted next week. I already have the quote but was waiting until I had the delivery appointment.

I was wondering if I shouldn't request my bank draft already since I know the amount due... I don't know how long these things take. But I have no idea how to do that. Do we have option for wire transfer in Quebec too? If so, what's best?

Last edited:
After complaining for months that the model 3 was the tesla stepchild - I got vin today for white - black seats -19 in wheels - decided to look at buying instead of leasing I signed up for - the finance calculator is easy to use - I was amazed when approved by Wells Fargo in only 30 seconds 🔜
Got a text my model 3 has shipped from factory - I assume CA and on the way to FL - so updated this time two weeks sooner - once you get your vin - decide on. Financing and get quotes on insurance - tesla insurance in fl starts October so starting w Allstate and then will check pricing

Reactions: Mob Dee
I was wondering if I shouldn't request my bank draft already since I know the amount due... I don't know how long these things take. But I have no idea how to do that. Do we have option for wire transfer in Quebec too? If so, what's best?
Good news!

Here's the info I have on bank draft.
  • If you are with an online bank like Tangerine, you need to order it online, they will prepare it quickly and courrier it to you. Estimated delivery 2-3 Days with a tracking number available when shipped. (I ordered mine last PM after 5pm and it is already "produced" expecting tracking number Monday I suppose and delivery Tuesday I hope) Tangerine does not have a Swift number so you cannot wire transfer.
  • If you are with one of the (5) big banks. You can walk-in and walk-out with your bank draft. They can also do wire transfer for you with the Swift information included in your account and MVPA.
That being said, a bank draft is like cash money so valid "forever". Since you know the final amount and don't mind loosong some non-earned interest, you could have it prepare ahead of time.

• Informative
Reactions: masterdiwi527
Holy schmolly!!! Got VIN today!!! I am on cloud 9.

OD 2/28/22
EDD July 25-Aug 21
Then August 12-Sept 8
Then 2 weeks ago got a 2 week window of August 18-Sep 1
MODEL 3 RWD Blue/black/aero no FSD

I checked source code Wed and nothing....VIN assigned today August 13 and 4 day window is August 29-Sept 2

Pick up is Marietta, GA 3 hours from me.

Have really learned a lot from you all. Thanks for being a great community.

My husband begrudgingly let me order this car. 2 days ago after a $1900 maintenance bill for his beloved Toyota Sienna, he said he MIGHT consider "an EV" if the maintenance cost is truly less than an ICE. 😄

Holy schmolly!!! Got VIN today!!! I am on cloud 9.

OD 2/28/22
EDD July 25-Aug 21
Then August 12-Sept 8
Then 2 weeks ago got a 2 week window of August 18-Sep 1
MODEL 3 RWD Blue/black/aero no FSD

I checked source code Wed and nothing....VIN assigned today August 13 and 4 day window is August 29-Sept 2

Pick up is Marietta, GA 3 hours from me.

Have really learned a lot from you all. Thanks for being a great community.

My husband begrudgingly let me order this car. 2 days ago after a $1900 maintenance bill for his beloved Toyota Sienna, he said he MIGHT consider "an EV" if the maintenance cost is truly less than an ICE. 😄
I have the same configuration and same 2 weeks window, waiting for my VIN 😎

Reactions: PDGA11565
Should I be worried that if you try to order the Mobile Connector it now says Est. Delivery is Dec, 2022? It said delivery would be Aug-Oct ‘22 I believe back in July (I added it to my order when I ordered the car). This is what I plan to use at home for charging in a NEMA 14-30 outlet (that adapter already shipped). I guess if I have to go to a supercharger for a couple months it’s no big deal, right? There’s one right up the road by a grocery store which I frequent often anyways.

I would update my order on the spreadsheet, but for some reason my original entry has vanished. Any idea why? Should I reenter everything again?
Since June, entries are vanishing from the master Google sheet. I taught that peoples, after receiving their car, found a way to delete their form entries, which I think you can't, but your post seems to confirm different. Maybe Troy is making a clean-up of some kind as he owns the master sheet.

Entries melting.jpg

Day 188 since my OD and went from a two-week window to a four-day window this morning. I also discovered my car's VIN in the Tesla App. It won't be long now!

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Chicago
Order Date: 2/6/2022

Estimated Delivery Date History:
2/6/2022: October 2022
2/8/2022: May 17 - June 14
3/7/2022: August 2022
3/12/2022: July 25 - August 22
5/13/2022: August 11 - September 22
6/20/2022: August 17 - September 21
8/3/2022: September 1 - September 29
8/6/2022: August 20 - September 3
8/13/2022: August 26 - August 29
See you at pickup! 🤣

Had a great delivery, reaffirms that the last 10 months have been worth the wait.

In Toronto, they give you the keys and no longer make you accept delivery before being able to inspect the inside. Not sure if that’s the norm, but mid-pandemic it wasn’t that way.

No issues on my car, and yes, they filled the windshield wiper fluid. They charged it to 100% for delivery too, nice added benefit. Had the matrix headlights.

That’s all from me, good luck to everyone else! Glad I didn’t upgrade to LR, worth the wait for the RWD benefits.

ordered: 3/12/2022
current EDD: 8/29 - 9/12 (changed to 2 weeks from a 4 week window a couple weeks ago)
model: grey, 19" wheels, black interior, NO FSD

still showing "Technical issues loading payment details" for about 2 weeks now. Called CS and woman said itʻs ok - they can see all my finance/payment details on her end. 🤷‍♂️

Updated EDD today to 14 day window - 8/27-9/10

If I do not finance through Tesla, when should work on obtaining third party financing? Just want to see if I can get a better rate elsewhere.

M3RWD / Black / Black / Aero / No FSD / OD: 4/15/2022/ EDD: 8/27/2022-9/10/2022

OK, all of you waiting for your Tesla Model 3, check out this new video for you EV Adopters.
In today's video we are focused on One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking. We demonstrate One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking and we discuss how it can extend your range. We also highlight how you can save money on maintenance with One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking. Please take a look!