Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated EDD today to 14 day window - 8/27-9/10

If I do not finance through Tesla, when should work on obtaining third party financing? Just want to see if I can get a better rate elsewhere.

M3RWD / Black / Black / Aero / No FSD / OD: 4/15/2022/ EDD: 8/27/2022-9/10/2022
You should check now - the bank might do a hard pull credit check so may may want to limit your application- A recent tesla loan is at 4.49% - it went thru Wells Fargo that only finances with tesla and dealerships- ask your rep. To open the tesla finance portal - you can use the slide etc to adjust loan amount and monthly payment and cash due - many credit unions raise the rates for longer loans - do yourself favor finance w tesla - less Hastle - Alan g

Reactions: TheRedOx
Updated EDD today to 14 day window - 8/27-9/10

If I do not finance through Tesla, when should work on obtaining third party financing? Just want to see if I can get a better rate elsewhere.

With that EDD I would get the financing now. They usually hold the rate for 30-90 days. I thought I had time with my M3 for financing, got matched a VIN, started financing, and my delivery date window was over the weekend. I ended up having to reject the VIN because I would not get financing in time.

Also this thread has rates better than Tesla:

With that EDD I would get the financing now. They usually hold the rate for 30-90 days. I thought I had time with my M3 for financing, got matched a VIN, started financing, and my delivery date window was over the weekend. I ended up having to reject the VIN because I would not get financing in time.

Also this thread has rates better than Tesla:

Thank you very much, just what I was looking for!

I posted this in the wrong (LR) forum before but yesterday it was a complete surprise when I got a text from an SA alerting me that a VIN was assigned and needed my proof insurance to pickup my car in the new 4 day window.

It was a complete shock since earlier that morning my EDD was still 10/28 to 12/9. Unfortunately I just started a family vacation out of state for the next 2 weeks and will be unable to accept/pickup.

I’m assuming someone locally rejected this VIN and I was next in line but unfortunately I’ll have to do the same. I tried texting back the SA explaining the situation but haven’t received a reply from yesterday yet.

Hopefully this doesn’t screw me by putting to the back of line well past my original/most recent EDD window. Anyone have an experience like this? I was caught completely off guard since I was thinking I still had 2-3 months to go.

If all goes well, delivery tomorrow.
  1. Bank draft = Should arrive today by courier. (Only thing that could go wrong)
  2. Insurances = Done
  3. Wall connector = In transit (But still have my regular Level 2 meanwhile)
  4. Electrician = Standby waiting for #3. Great guy.
  5. Volt 2017 = Nice offer on the table, (4) hours after posting my ad Sunday. (I'm actually lagging the sale because of #1)
Just a taught. When I ordered back in March my EDD was June-August and it ended-up being Mid-August. So as the original plan. During the last (5) months on this forum I saw and still read about long deliveries and can't understand why. For those, I really feel for you and hold tight.

Reactions: Nick11
I read that they will still have the chrome frame until they run out of stock on them.
Then they will be putting a black one on to match the chrome delete.
I would prefer the black one tbh. But since I'm taking delivery next week, I guess it's still coming with the chrome frame?

Can someone confirm if RWD includes matrix headlights? I thought it didn’t, but looks like I’m wrong.
I believe all cars being produced these days includes matrix headlights...

Last edited:
Reactions: fishy21
I posted this in the wrong (LR) forum before but yesterday it was a complete surprise when I got a text from an SA alerting me that a VIN was assigned and needed my proof insurance to pickup my car in the new 4 day window.

It was a complete shock since earlier that morning my EDD was still 10/28 to 12/9. Unfortunately I just started a family vacation out of state for the next 2 weeks and will be unable to accept/pickup.

I’m assuming someone locally rejected this VIN and I was next in line but unfortunately I’ll have to do the same. I tried texting back the SA explaining the situation but haven’t received a reply from yesterday yet.

Hopefully this doesn’t screw me by putting to the back of line well past my original/most recent EDD window. Anyone have an experience like this? I was caught completely off guard since I was thinking I still had 2-3 months to go.
I also had to reject a vin a a week ago because my financing wasn't ready. There's nothing the SA can do. From what i've read from other's, you'll get another VIN match from a week to 4 weeks.

I read that they will still have the chrome frame until they run out of stock on them.
Then they will be putting a black one on to match the chrome delete.
I was incorrect, they will come without but the option to purchase a black one will come in the future.

It's not over until it's over. 4-day window got pushed back. Of course to the weekend we've planned to go on holiday.

OD: 12/23/2021
White/Black, Aero, No FSD
EDD 1: October 2022
Honolulu, HI

Edit Design: 2/23/2022
White/White, Aero, No FSD
EDD 2: July 2022 (Updated 3/3/2022)

EDD 3: June 13 - July 11 (Updated 3/4/2022)

EDD 4: July 26 - September 6 (Updated 3/29/2022)

EDD 5: August 8 - September 12 (Updated 6/13/2022)

EDD 6: August 16 - September 13 (Updated 7/13/2022)

EDD 7: August 21 - September 4 (Updated 8/4/2022)

EDD 8: August 26 - August 30 (Updated 8/10/2022) VIN Assigned

EDD 9: August 30 - September 3 (Updated 8/16/2022)

I’m 24 days away from my 4 week window EDD of 9/9-10/7. Any ideas if and when usually a vin is assigned. Is there still hope that I get a vin before this window or maybe the first week of the window or is typically assigned on the back half or just when it happens it happens. I’m just wondering if at all possible I can get it earlier then the EDD. Has anyone received a vin and delivery before or earlier then the expected EDD?