Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don’t even get license plate frames. $45k car, and cutting cost on a $5 plastic frame.
$5 plate frames x200,000 cars is $1,000,000. That's a lot of money for chinzy plate frames. And when they get to 20 million cars a year.... Yeah I'd rather they inject that money into tech than me getting a novelty item. Even if they gave a frame people will find the next thing to complain about that they think should be "free"

Reactions: Mob Dee
$5 plate frames x200,000 cars is $1,000,000. That's a lot of money for chinzy plate frames. And when they get to 20 million cars a year.... Yeah I'd rather they inject that money into tech than me getting a novelty item. Even if they gave a frame people will find the next thing to complain about that they think should be "free"
This is ridiculous calculation. If this is the case, might as well remove everything… seat covers, paint, electric windows, power seats, everything… and invest all that in “tech”.

• Disagree
Reactions: MtlMV
We don’t even get license plate frames. $45k car, and cutting cost on a $5 plastic frame.
$5 plate frames x200,000 cars is $1,000,000. That's a lot of money for chinzy plate frames. And when they get to 20 million cars a year.... Yeah I'd rather they inject that money into tech than me getting a novelty item. Even if they gave a frame people will find the next thing to complain about that they think should be "free
This is ridiculous calculation. If this is the case, might as well remove everything… seat covers, paint, electric windows, power seats, everything… and invest all that in “tech”.
Lol. It's basic math. If you know anything about car manufacturing and lean manufacturing you would understand that math and how manufacturers cut costs. Now your response is beyond ridiculous. Remove paint and seat covers..? Like just wow. Anyway this thread is about ordering and delivery. Not complaining about $5 plate frames. So please people post wisely.

Reactions: MtlMV and Mob Dee
$5 plate frames x200,000 cars is $1,000,000. That's a lot of money for chinzy plate frames. And when they get to 20 million cars a year.... Yeah I'd rather they inject that money into tech than me getting a novelty item. Even if they gave a frame people will find the next thing to complain about that they think should be "free

Lol. It's basic math. If you know anything about car manufacturing and lean manufacturing you would understand that math and how manufacturers cut costs. Now your response is beyond ridiculous. Remove paint and seat covers..? Like just wow. Anyway this thread is about ordering and delivery. Not complaining about $5 plate frames. So please people post wisely.
I second that!

I didn't buy a 50k+ car for a $5 plastic license plate. In fact, I didn't buy the car because it's a 50k+ car. I am buying a Tesla! I bought it for the awesome tech and the fact that no one does EVs better. Just take a look at all the recalls going on over the last couple of years for faulty battery tech and wheels falling off with the other manufacturers.

Alright… I give up. You make it sound like Tesla does not have any recalls. How about the mobile charger? It’s not like you need it to charge the car. Lol.
So if Tesla determines that more customers than not never use the mobile connector because they are purchasing wall chargers for home and use super charges when away from home and thus concludes that it is wasteful and decides to leave it up to the customer at time of purchase...

They are a business, and if you can't see to drop a mere $200 during the ordering process for something you want but a large number of others don't, then you are free to shop elsewhere.

Last time I checked, you don't get a fuel pump to fill up at home when you buy an ICE car.

P. S. Something smells fishy 🤣😂

Last edited:
Reactions: HOTRODHARLEY66
The point is that people like to cry about what was or used to be...

If you are going to cry, then it makes much more sense to cry about the thousands of dollars jump in price over the last year or so because of inflation, COVID, and shortages.

Don't cry about a mere $200 mobile connector or a cheap license plate frame. 😂 LMAO

Ok… Got a delivery date for almost 6 months to the day of delivery. Super stoked!!!

Aug 31 @ 10am. I am just curious how many people have had delivery moved sooner after getting a delivery date?

The car left the factory last week. I AM in AL…but didn’t think it would take a week to get to GA. I was praying for a weekend delivery.

Reactions: Mob Dee
Wondering this as well. I'm a total newb having just placed an order about 10 days ago, but our EDD already adjusted from Dec-Feb to 11/17 - 12/27. Not sure whether that's typical, but I had the same thought as you.
Maybe. But there was quite a push out for several months bc of slow shipping of LFP batteries from China. I started with an order date in February that said June delivery, then July and then September. It reeled back in from September 18 to now actual delivery date of August 31. There’s quite a backlog of RWD being delivered!!! So exciting.

New user here, so I apologize if this question has been answered already. I just put in an order for an M3 RWD and estimated delivery is October to December, i.e., 2-4 month wait time. Needless to say, I am very excited, but I'm left with the following question:

The delivery times (2-4 months) seem to have gotten notably shorter vs earlier this year. Should I trust my delivery estimate, or should I expect the date to change (either earlier or later)?

ordered: 3/12/2022
current EDD: 8/29 - 9/12 (changed to 2 weeks from a 4 week window a couple weeks ago)
model: grey, 19" wheels, black interior, NO FSD

still showing "Technical issues loading payment details" for about 2 weeks now. Called CS and woman said itʻs ok - they can see all my finance/payment details on her end. 🤷‍♂️
VIN was assigned on 8/18 w/EDD of 9/4-9/9.

then yesterday (8/19) the app shows a delivery day and time of Sunday, 8/20 at 10am!!! WHAT?!?! so i email Tesla and the local guy calls me back in the afternoon and tells me that the car is not actually on island yet (Oʻahu)...that itʻs still at the dock in Cali waiting to be shipped.

they sometimes put a delivery day/time to open up the finance/payment, in case I wanted to pay right away. i told him iʻd wait until the car was on island (maybe 2-3 weeks) and i have an actual delivery date. he changed the EDD to 9/4-9/9 again. so i have a few more weeks til actual delivery. if i lived in Cali, iʻd probably have picked it up this weekend.

Reactions: PDGA11565
First --- slimy to sell a car without a mobile charger, imo.

Second --- "According to email sent to employees obtained by Drive Tesla, promo codes will only be issued to owners who placed an order before April 29 and take delivery of a car built on or after August 15, 2022. The promo codes will be sent in advance of delivery, but the automaker did not specify how many days before delivery this will happen."

Anybody get that advance notification ? Care to post your vin last 5 ? Mine are 36535. Thanks.
mine is 362XX. i ordered in mid-march. VIN was assigned on 8/18 but not sure when it was actually built. did NOT receive promo code...yet. iʻd prefer the mobile charge included rather than having to order one and wait for it...

Reactions: pipestem
Woke about this morning to a new EDD of 8/22-9/3 from 9/30-11/4. My financing approval had expired so the app wanted me to update it. Tesla was at 4.49% versus my credit union at 3.24%, so I did a new application with my CU. Got an approval and updated the app, which then gave me a VIN and a new window of 8/20-8/24! Freaking out a bit as I keep most cash in HYSA expecting more notice, initiate the transfer that should complete on 8/22.

The app wants my insurance info, so I decided to hold off on that to avoid having to pick a delivery day/time. A few hours later I get a call from Tesla saying I can pick it up today or tomorrow! Told them the situation and setup delivery for Tuesday.

Crazy to get a pull in of 41 days to today. Picking it up in Fremont, so basically no shipping time.

Woke about this morning to a new EDD of 8/22-9/3 from 9/30-11/4. My financing approval had expired so the app wanted me to update it. Tesla was at 4.49% versus my credit union at 3.24%, so I did a new application with my CU. Got an approval and updated the app, which then gave me a VIN and a new window of 8/20-8/24! Freaking out a bit as I keep most cash in HYSA expecting more notice, initiate the transfer that should complete on 8/22.

The app wants my insurance info, so I decided to hold off on that to avoid having to pick a delivery day/time. A few hours later I get a call from Tesla saying I can pick it up today or tomorrow! Told them the situation and setup delivery for Tuesday.

Crazy to get a pull in of 41 days to today. Picking it up in Fremont, so basically no shipping time.
congrats! my fremont-made M3 is at the docks getting ready to get shipped to hawaii or iʻd be in the same boat as you - picking up this weekend or sometime next week.

I know it's not about waiting but I taught it was nice to have additional info while waiting.

As a recap, I got my car Wednesday this week, while my previous EDD was early Sept. Although I was about to order my wall connector...that was not yet done. So I took delivery of the car with some 400km of charge. By Friday morning I was at +/-170km left and real close to a Supercharger station so why not give it a try. As an additional info, I was driving a Chevy Volt just before. Charging some 85km on Level 2 would take like 4.5 hours.

So entered the Supercharger as a destination in the GPS. A message appeared stating that the battery was now in preparation for getting supercharged. Before, I would need to pull-up the charging app, make sure I had money on the account, identify the charging gun and start a session. Friday, I parked at a free Tesla station, took the gun, plugged it. Its already linked to my credit card. Too bad I did not write down all the numbers but when I got back into the car I saw that info about charging like 250km/hr. Compared to my Volt experience that thing was charging like crazy. The $ amount also rising pretty fast, to a point I was wondering what would be the cost. Went to a nearby store thinking that I had so much time to kill but in 27 minutes I had charged around 200km and decided to leave.

Final cost $13.46 CAD which seems high at first but the same amount of energy with my Volt would have been similar and would have taken close to (10) hours in multiple charges. Overall a very nice experience.

OD: Feb 7th, 2022
MSM/black it/aero rims/no fsd/Kitchener pickup

EDD Friday was August 29 - Sept 11

Completed trade in info, got the complete offer last night (which I intend to accept) and this morning I wake up to an EDD of Sept 3 - 7. First 4 day window!

Here’s hoping it’s toward the end of my window as I’m away from the 2nd to the 5th!