Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, I got a lower quote of $252 (which I jumped on) after I bundled my homeowner's insurance with the new auto policy. This is indeed for 6 months. I did get several one-time discounts for the first six months which means my renewal rate will be somewhat higher. The policy is a pretty standard 100/300/100 for liability, but with a high $1000 deductible for comprehensive/collision. I think the low quote is due to a combination of age (wife and I are both in our 60's), no accidents/tickets in past five years, no commuting for work, good credit score, and living in an area where the biggest risk is car-deer collisions.
$252/6 months or $42/month for a $50k+ car seems unrealistic.

The journey continues. New EDD received this morning.

- OD: 4/6
- EDD @ 4/13: 7/27 - 9/21
- EDD @ 4/25: 7/31 - 9/11
- EDD @ 6/23: 7/27 - 8/31
- EDD @ 7/11: 9/28 - 11/9
- EDD @ 8/1: 9/8 - 10/13
- EDD @ 8/25: 9/16 - 10/14

Order Details: Model 3 RWD, White Exterior, Black Interior, 19" sport wheels, No FSD
My OD is 4/8. Have you got a message like 'good news your car has just left the factory and is in transit ... ?'. I got that yesterday.

Finally took delivery this tuesday.

Everything went great, the car is amazing. I'm in love haha ❤️
My car came with the charger, adapter and all the good stuff.
For those waiting for such a long time, hang in there! It's definitely worth the wait!

Thank you everyone for the support. This forum was very important so I could keep my sanity (lol) and adjust my expectations.
Also to know what to do next. Many times Tesla failed on giving me info concerning my order, documents and procedures. Thank god I didn't rely on them only.

Last edited:
holy cow, you ordered yours 3 months before me and we have around the same EDD. mine is currently 9/4-9/9. have you been communicating with the Honolulu Tesla guys? I have Tyler...he said my gray/black 19" wheel model is still in Cali waiting to be shipped. probably wonʻt be til early-mid sept. that itʻs actually on island - depends on when itʻs on the ship.

they receive all the cars mid-week...then schedule deliveries on the weekends. hopefully ours are on the next ship...
Nice! Glad to hear the wait times are getting better for others in paradise and hopefully I was just an anomaly during unprecedented times.

I’ve had Ashley since I first ordered. Received the call yesterday, first day of entering my delivery window, and scheduled for pick up next weekend. Looks like mine is currently on a ship I bet yours is right after!

Day 338 and I finally got a VIN in the source code and an EDD 06 Sep- 12 Sep!😁😆 I really hope that this is real this time and not the "computer glitch " that gave me a VIN and delivery date for 2 days in June. I can't handle that a second time. Now I just hope that I get a charger with it because there's nothing around here other than a SC 80 km away and a level 2 charger in a town 25km away.

Hi im new to EV and i recently place my order on 08/18/2022….after so many research if i want to go for EV or just a plug-in hybrid and finally i pulled the trigger with my wife’s blessings….plus im taking advantage or NJ incentive of $2k and no sales tax. Now i have been waiting and almost checking my app non-stop and i hate waiting but i have to be patient. LOL. My EDD did’nt change since then. Should i expect some changes soon or that date is fixed? I even made some changes from black to white interior and my EDD still the same while on the website if you try to place an order, it says Oct - Dec.
OD - 08/18/22
EDD - 11/20/22 to 01/01/23

Day 338 and I finally got a VIN in the source code and an EDD 06 Sep- 12 Sep!😁😆 I really hope that this is real this time and not the "computer glitch " that gave me a VIN and delivery date for 2 days in June. I can't handle that a second time. Now I just hope that I get a charger with it because there's nothing around here other than a SC 80 km away and a level 2 charger in a town 25km away.
My SA in Halifax has confirmed that I'll get a charger with my car. What a relief!

Reactions: MtlMV
Today was the delivery of my Model 3 in West Palm Beach FL . Everything went well except the bluetooth connection needed some assist from a tesla rep.
Pearl White with black seats.. it did have some xtra wood trim on the doors. I have heard reports of some bad sales and service so decided to "show some appreciation" to the staff with my logo pens and post it pads, and indv. wrapped snacks for Sales and Service departments. They really appreciated it on a very busy delivery day !

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 77
Hi sorry if this is a dumb question Buttt.
I ordered a model 3 and it won’t get delivered until oct-Nov and I haven’t done any pre tasks yet. Is it okay if I don’t do them until a few days before delivery? Or will that affect delivery?
Thank you!

Hi sorry if this is a dumb question Buttt.
I ordered a model 3 and it won’t get delivered until oct-Nov and I haven’t done any pre tasks yet. Is it okay if I don’t do them until a few days before delivery? Or will that affect delivery?
Thank you!
Aloha! There are no dumb questions here. Lots of people come and go so details are worth repeating.

Setting up payment appears to be the only task that affects delivery.

The move is to set it up as cash to be paid in full to get the timer started. Once you receive your VIN, text your sales associate and ask to switch to financing. It'll be a quick and nearly instant switch.

The reason you want to set it to cash is to prevent having to have multiple hard pulls on your credit via financing. Terms are only good for 90 days and without reliable delivery time frames as of late, previous members have had to apply multiple times.

$252/6 months or $42/month for a $50k+ car seems unrealistic.
i hear ya man...iʻve found State Farm to be the cheapest where i live, 2 cars - a model 3 and a honda odyssey together are about $800/6 mos. which seems like a pretty good deal to me. iʻm 50, no accidents/tickets, excellent credit...live close to work...car parked at my house and not on street...but the collision coverages are pretty steep for the M3

Nice! Glad to hear the wait times are getting better for others in paradise and hopefully I was just an anomaly during unprecedented times.

I’ve had Ashley since I first ordered. Received the call yesterday, first day of entering my delivery window, and scheduled for pick up next weekend. Looks like mine is currently on a ship I bet yours is right after!
nice! congrats...i have not yet received the call - i think tyler said itʻs still "in transit," which iʻm taking to mean itʻs still at the dock in california. hope mine is on the next ship.

Aloha! There are no dumb questions here. Lots of people come and go so details are worth repeating.

Setting up payment appears to be the only task that affects delivery.

The move is to set it up as cash to be paid in full to get the timer started. Once you receive your VIN, text your sales associate and ask to switch to financing. It'll be a quick and nearly instant switch.

The reason you want to set it to cash is to prevent having to have multiple hard pulls on your credit via financing. Terms are only good for 90 days and without reliable delivery time frames as of late, previous members have had to apply multiple times.
Thank you for the help. And I switched it to cash 👍🏽