Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting on them to contact me. It’s a bit of a difference situation where the cars already there, but probably just waiting for all the steps to be completed (waiting on finance) and we’ll see after
Yeah, same here. Over the phone they offered to do delivery today if I was paying cash since the demo is already there, but I'm using a bank loan and need a few days to get that sorted out. Keep watching inventory as the end of month and quarter approaches, people :) I bet they'll sell darn near every demo car older than about 6 weeks. The one I'm getting landed at the dealer in July according to the remaining warranty.

Reactions: Cho22
so you ordered a RWD but ended up buying an existing inventory LR? did you cancel the RWD order?
Nope my original order was also an LR but I did cancel my original order. I heard you can talk to your SA and have the new order replace your existing order, but I was never able to get a hold of an SA. So I just forfeited the $250 from the original order

Reactions: IndyGopher
Did anyone here order fsd?
Yes. I ordered a RWD model 3 in June and added FSD to the order the day before the price went up in September. In case you are wondering, that had no observable effect on my delivery date.

ordered June 8
RWD, Deep Blue Metallic paint, 18” Aero wheels, Black & White interior
before order placement the web page forecast Sep-Dec
Actual EDD's after order by first date I noticed them:
June 11, 2022 August 7 – September 18
June 16, 2022 October 12-December 7
June 25, 2022 October 10-November 21
August 23, 2022 October 10-November 14
September 1, 2022 December 2022

Yes, after months of getting specific dates, from September 1 until now I just am told "December 2022"

Part of the reason that I added FSD is that we have it on the Y we've been driving since March 2022, and I want them to be similarly configured so we can both go back and forth safely and easily. I'm strongly concerned that the December EDD may imply we are going to get an early stalk-free 3, which will be a massive configuration difference so far as learned driving reflexes is concerned.

Reactions: IndyGopher and Tp99
I like messing with new tech, so I think so. We got it for 10k though and allowed us to get our Y 4 months earlier.

I don’t think I’d pay the current price for it.
Elon has obviously a bit more money then I so I won't give advice but, since all the hardware is in place it would be nice to have a (30) days trial like the premium connectivity. I might also chip-in if a monthly on-demand subscription was available. (currently not in Canada).

Keep refreshing that existing inventory page, y'all! Like others, I started noticing a trickle of inventory cars being listed at nearby stores on Wednesday night. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple LRAWD, but I kept waiting and checking. Tonight I finally saw a demo RWD with about 1k miles on it and was able to jump on it within minutes! It had FSD equipped, so the price was $15k high, but after chatting with Tesla CS and calling the store, I was able to get the order unlocked and remove FSD which brought the price down to "normal" (incl a $360 discount for it being a demo...lol). Not the colors we wanted at all, but saving at least 6 weeks (if not longer), getting us out of our rental, and allowing us to use a 1.99% loan rate that would've expired in late-October will help ease that pain, lol! Good luck to all!
Which lender is offering 1.99%? Is it Tesla?