Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has a ton of stock on their website right now, if you’re willing to make small changes or be flexible with colors you can probably grab your car soon 🙂
You are right, I just checked their website and there's 7 cars available, probably cancelled orders. If I upgraded mine to 19" wheels, I bet that I will have a delivery soon, but i'll just wait, I like to have the option of the aero that I can change the look anytime I want.

Got my VIN this morning (9/22) and submitted insurance. Will it take a day or two before I’m able to schedule delivery?
Woke up to my VIN this morning, did Insurance and transferred funds. I was able to call my local Tesla (Carlsbad) they got me scheduled for delivery Sunday morning. I didn’t wait for scheduling in the app. I had too many questions. 😅

The car is still in Fremont as of now.

When do I need to make the final payment? The app makes it seem like I need to do it prior to my appointment in order to avoid delays but I figured I would transfer the money once I accept delivery. Am I wrong?
I am bringing a cashiers check on day of delivery. I'm not sure you can wire/transfer/Plaid cash on the day of - you may want to text the Tesla number that has been communicating with you and ask just to be sure.

Reactions: ultrams
When do I need to make the final payment? The app makes it seem like I need to do it prior to my appointment in order to avoid delays but I figured I would transfer the money once I accept delivery. Am I wrong?
yeah it depends on your payment. We were told we can bring a cashiers check day of or your own financing day of. We used Plaid and transferred. It was marked complete immediately but the funds have not left my account.

Another update today putting me in my first 2 weeks window! If this is reliable then Tesla delivery surely has picked up!

Order date: Aug 30
Original EDD: Oct - Dec
Sep 6: Sep 17 - Oct 15
Sep 9: received trade-in text
Today: Sep 17 - Oct 1 (2 weeks window)
Rollercoaster update: after getting my first 2 week window, it kepts getting pushed back by 1 day at midnight i.e.

Sep 17 - Oct 1
Sep 18 - Oct 2
Sep 19 - Oct 3

Then bam one day it got pushed back to a month…
Oct 31 - Dec 2

Was losing hope and browsing used inventory then. But yesterday EDD flipped back to Sep 23 - Oct 2 (9 day window?). Woke up this morning to a VIN and a text asking to complete insurance!

Current EDD
Sep 23 - Sep 30

Reactions: Cho22
Rollercoaster update: after getting my first 2 week window, it kepts getting pushed back by 1 day at midnight i.e.

Sep 17 - Oct 1
Sep 18 - Oct 2
Sep 19 - Oct 3

Oct 31 - Dec 2

Was losing hope and browsing used inventory then. But yesterday EDD flipped back to Sep 23 - Oct 2 (9 day window?). Woke up this morning to a VIN and a text asking to complete insurance!

Current EDD
Sep 23 - Sep 30
I would cancel my order if they moved my order to Oct 31- December 2... You are a strong warrior!

Sep 17 - Oct 1
Sep 18 - Oct 2
Sep 19 - Oct 3

Oct 31 - Dec 2

Current EDD
Sep 23 - Sep 30
Im in a somewhat similar situation/location than you. I was floating around an EDD of Sept until today, when it was pushed back to Dec '22 (for the 2nd time). Hopefully it pops back into Sept or get a VIN soon I'd love to get my car at this EOQ

Keep refreshing that existing inventory page, y'all! Like others, I started noticing a trickle of inventory cars being listed at nearby stores on Wednesday night. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple LRAWD, but I kept waiting and checking. Tonight I finally saw a demo RWD with about 1k miles on it and was able to jump on it within minutes! It had FSD equipped, so the price was $15k high, but after chatting with Tesla CS and calling the store, I was able to get the order unlocked and remove FSD which brought the price down to "normal" (incl a $360 discount for it being a demo...lol). Not the colors we wanted at all, but saving at least 6 weeks (if not longer), getting us out of our rental, and allowing us to use a 1.99% loan rate that would've expired in late-October will help ease that pain, lol! Good luck to all!

Reactions: Bricktopshog
Keep refreshing that existing inventory page, y'all! Like others, I started noticing a trickle of inventory cars being listed at nearby stores on Wednesday night. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple LRAWD, but I kept waiting and checking. Tonight I finally saw a demo RWD with about 1k miles on it and was able to jump on it within minutes! It had FSD equipped, so the price was $15k high, but after chatting with Tesla CS and calling the store, I was able to get the order unlocked and remove FSD which brought the price down to "normal" (incl a $360 discount for it being a demo...lol). Not the colors we wanted at all, but saving at least 6 weeks (if not longer), getting us out of our rental, and allowing us to use a 1.99% loan rate that would've expired in late-October will help ease that pain, lol! Good luck to all!
Curious, if you purchase an existing inventory vehicle after already having a current order in place, does the 'existing inventory' order take over your current order, or do you have to pay another $250 and forfeit your other $250?

Curious, if you purchase an existing inventory vehicle after already having a current order in place, does the 'existing inventory' order take over your current order, or do you have to pay another $250 and forfeit your other $250?
Hmmm good question. I didn't want to waste time thinking and just paid the $250 again since it was the quickest way to grab the car. At this point I'll probably just cancel my original order and let it go, but if somebody else knows how to work this I'd love to hear

Reactions: Cho22
Hmmm good question. I didn't want to waste time thinking and just paid the $250 again since it was the quickest way to grab the car. At this point I'll probably just cancel my original order and let it go, but if somebody else knows how to work this I'd love to hear
Turns out I couldnt do that. I had to pay the extra $250 for a new order, but I ended up getting an existing inventory vehicle as well. Only difference between my original order and new one is old was black interior, this new order is white, which im completely ok with :)

Reactions: IndyGopher

Sep 17 - Oct 1
Sep 18 - Oct 2
Sep 19 - Oct 3

Oct 31 - Dec 2

Current EDD
Sep 23 - Sep 30
Another positive update! Within 2 hours of getting my VIN morning I completed all paperwork and insurance (went with Tesla). Decided to text my advisor out of curiosity only to find out my Model 3 was already ready! Advisor offered to pick up Sunday. I gladly took!